Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/12/2009 4:52:00 PM

Not all of these shadows are useful. Honestly, I could have spent the same money and gotten full sizes of the two shadows I use in this: mildew and smog. The others are PACKED with glitter. I mean, big chunks of glitter that fall on your cheekbones and then don't come off even after multiple washings. Could never use all the colors in this.

Great collection of colors! The quality of the shadows rival MAC's, daresay they are better? They are SUPER blendable, and go on very smoothly. All of the colors in the box are wearable for every day. The glitter in some of them bothers people, I've had success with UDPP, then putting on the shadow dry, and *then* going over the shadow with a shadow brush dampened with mixing medium.

I'll talk about the colors I've used so far: there are 10 total.

Shattered-gorgeous light blue/tealish gold color.

Mildew-Dark army green

Maui Wowie-Very hard to describe, beige with silver overcast with the sliiiiightest hint of green in there. Glitter in this one!

Grifter-Lilac purple with glitter.

Last Call-Deep pink

Oil Slick-Black with tiny sparkles.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had been wanting this palette for awhile, especially because I really wanted the Mildew color and it's only available in this palette or alone for $16, so I figured I could try Mildew and several others that looked nice if I bought this. I have tried all of the colors, and the only ones that I don't care for are Oil Slick and Shattered. Oil Slick is only usable as a liner, but I don't like using powdered, glittered liners, and Shattered just isn't flattering on my skin tones (but most blue shades aren't anyways). My favorites are Mildew (awesome with my brown eyes), Sin (good on the lid or as a highlighter), Maui Wowie (gorgeous color but I have to mix with Visine or Duwop Payoff to prevent glitter fallout, looks nice with Mildew in crease), and Last Call (looks great in the crease and outer corners when paired with a lighter complementary color). The artwork design on the palette looks so cute, but I really don't like the cardboard packaging--it's a cheap material for such an expensive palette. At least is has a magnetic closure and contains a mirror, and also I discovered a few colors that are worthy of a full size purchase. Would recommend to anyone looking to try UD shadows but don't want to shell out $16 bucks for one shade.

I'm 41. Am I too old for this palette? Absolutely. Do I care? Not a twit. These are some gorgeous colors for all ages. Last Call is the only color I truly can not wear, and that has less to do with age, and more to do with coloring -- I'm just too pale for that one. Shattered, Mildew and Oil Slick are great liners -- all the others are perfect base/all over colors. I particularly like Sin, which in the pan looks like so many other gold/beige e/s, but transforms on the lid to something with so much more depth. I will definitely buy this as a single. Polyester Bride is great in the inner corner or on the center of the lid. Glitter? Yeah, there's a lot of it. If you apply shadow with a heavy hand, this may not be for you. The glitter is almost a non-issue when the shadows are applied lightly.