Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I really like this palette. The colors are beautiful and shimmery.

on 8/30/2014 7:05:00 AM

I have had the original Ammo palette for quite some time so it's looking very well used and very well loved as it's in constant rotation having some of my favourite UD shadows.

I love Polyester Bride as an inner corner highlight, but the absolute winner in this palette for me is the beautiful mauve Grifter - I love this shimmery mauve so much I would buy this on it's own or this palette again just for this shade. Shattered is a gorgeous light turquoise and Oil Slick makes a great shimmery black shadow eye liner. For a small palette it's actually quite versatile when paired with something like the Naked Basics. As this contains browns/golds with a matte colour or two you can do a neutral eye as well.

There is a little fallout with this palette but nothing too drastic if you are careful, Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride seem the worst culprits for this but brush away easily enough. The formula of these shadows are smooth and buttery to apply, blending easily and staying true to colour all day with a primer. I know there is a newer version of the Ammo palette with re-formulated shadows in the same colours. However this works fine enough not to warrant an up date yet.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love UD... that is all.

My obsession with UD is far more than just that but, keep it simple :-)

Chopper, Sin, Polyester Bride, Maui Wowie, Oil Slick and Smog are my favorites for everyday use out of this palette. I have never used Shattered as I don't think it compliments me well. It's a very pretty color, though. Grifter and Last Call make an awesome "going out" smoky eye look with Oil Slick! Same with Mildew and Oil Slick with a touch of Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride.

Love. Just love.

I have just re-discovered the fun of eyeshadow. Last Monday I popped by MAC to get a few tips. They tried a nice teal frost and I bought it for $20. By Friday I realized I needed some kind of primer, so I decided to go to Sephora on my way home. I saw this and just had to have it! For just twice what I paid for the single at MAC, I got this cute set with a sample primer, a useful brush and 10 really cool shades to play with!!!!! I have been playing with this all weekend. I love the primer and find all the colours very fun. You can use this set to get ready for anything. I have found very little fall-out and the glitter is fine. I guess I have the newer set. You can use the colours in many ways. I am just learning what works for me.
I really wanted fun colours to play with. This set gives me colours that pop as well as more neutral ones. With the primer, it lasts all day! Even though I paid full price, I am very happy with my purchase.

on 11/20/2013 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this palette except for the color Polyester Bride. It is white with so much glitter it falls all over. I got this for do cheap through Sephora I couldn't resist. That makes it easy to ignore the glitter colors.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really love this palette! Almost more than my naked palette because it has more of a variety of shades. My favorites are chopper, last call, and smog. I love al of the other as well though! The only shade I'm not a big fan of is grifter because of all the random glitter in it. But overall, I give this a 9.5 out of 10

I was really stoked to purchase this palette for 12$ on sale at the Urban Decay website as this was a total steal because all of there palettes are up there in price. The palette comes in a cardboard like casing and magnetized for closing and opening with a velvey texture on the cover. Every shade in this palette is gorgeous and super pigmented with glitter in them. There isn't a single shade that I wouldn't use here. The only issue I have is some of the glitter falls all over your face and cannot be brushed off or covered with concealer so this is something to just accept and im sure this is something beyond their control as glitter is loose. I love all of the colors and would only really buy it again at a bargained price as im on a budget. Highly recommended as the colors are very easy to work with and really stunning.

Cute packaging, and a ton of really fun shades to work with. Only buy this palette if you like glitter! Every eyeshadow has shimmer or a "sheen" to it. Oil Slick, Mildew, and Chopper are some of my favorite shades. "Last Call" is also beautiful!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My latest acquired palette and I absolutely adore it!I have the the Ammo 2 palette, which has the newer formula of shadows (it is also much better).

The colours are super pretty and very wearable even for everyday looks. The purple/lilac shades are especially beautiful.

The only negative thing with the shadows is the glitter fallout. I have that problem with all UD shadows though and have changed my makeup routine to make it easier. I apply my shadow before I do the rest of my face. That way, I can wipe off the excess glitter without ruining my face makeup.

on 1/15/2013 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The only reason I say I wouldn't buy this product again is because I regularly use less than half of the colors. But on all other points, it's great.

This palette was given to me by a friend because I mentioned that I wanted to try Sin and she said I could have this since she had an extra (score!) It ended up being a great thing because I got a decent variety of UD colors to try.

That being said, I primarily use Sin, followed by Chopper and occasionally Smog. I'm pretty sure I've never even touched Shattered or Mildew.

The pigment is great, the colors work really well with my skin tone and they are lasting. I'm very happy with UD shadows, they're definitely high quality.