Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/27/2010 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading rave reviews for years about UD ES I bought the Ammo and Pony box at Sephora. The pony box was only $20 and I had a $20 gift card so it was free.

The color payoff is good with all these shadows, but the consistency is so shimmery I had to apply a lot to get the color I wanted. And the fallout is ridiculous for most of the shadows. In my opinion it looks trashy. Using it the first time I was having some fun and applied different colors from the palettes to my daughters ages 8 and 11 using the UD primer potion. I discovered it's not just my 48 years of age and oily skin affecting the color and the fading. Both my daughters looked horrible with glitter all over their face and to my suprise the colors (I used different ones on each) faded quite badly on them as well.

I know UD has a cult following, but both of these are going back. I'll stick with MUFE, LM, Lorac and Chantecaille. They are more expensive but worth the price to not look like a clown.

cute packaging, terrible product....very little staying power, even with UDPP, and shattered turned from crack whore blue to a green on my lids within minutes, and started fading...I finally met a palette I hated and it's going back

The colours are very nice, and mostly pigmented. This is very high quality eye shadow. The down side is that no matter how careful I am, I always end up with a sparkly face (it shouldn't be this hard to avoid getting eye shadow on your face). I probably wouldn't buy this again, mainly because its very sparkly and not that appropriate for every day wear.

on 8/4/2011 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first real makeup palette. I loved it, but I hate the glitter in some of these. I played and learned with this palette and now am in love with Urban Decay deluxe shadows. This was a good palette to start with, but it was frustrating to have to deal with the crazy glitter fallout. Overall I'm glad I got this but would recommend one of the other palettes at Sephora to try and learn with.

I was in love with this palette under the bright glittery lights at sephora, but when I got home and actually used it, I was horrified with the huge chunks of glitter that were in 5 of the 10 colors. I got so much glitter in my eyes that I had to use visine to get it all out and then I was left with red and irritated eyes. I quickly sold this palette on a makeup site and I wished I had never bought it.

on 2/23/2009 2:48:00 PM

This eyeshadow palette is not suitable for my lifestyle at all. I prefer neutral, subtle shadows with a dark liner, but this palette is a bit much for me--especially with all the glitter that ends up everywhere on my cheeks. It gets really annoying when people tell me, "Do you know there's glitter all over your face?" Sigh. The only colors I actually like from this palette and that I use most is Sin, Chopper, and Smog (which is very dupable). If you don't like glittery shadows, this palette isn't for you!

I actually have the skull plaette but many of the colours in my palette are similar or included in this one. Some pretty colours in the palette but most of them have hardly and pigment in them and way too much glitter! I ended up looking like a glitter ball after using "grifter". The shadow itself applies cakey and you get lots of fall out. I know urban decay are all about glitter and bold colours but they could have included some matte colours for an even balance. I only ever use my palette for "oil slick" as a liner and "shattered" or "vert" for the colour.
The packaging falls apart easily and with the magnetic flap it shuts closed easily while im trying to use it! I dropped it once and the mirror on the top flap is now broken :( Overall very dissapointing.

on 4/25/2015 9:16:00 AM

It is a really great pallette, but i don't think i could ever wear it alone, because it's all shimmery. But i like combining it with other shadows.
My favorites in this palette are
Polyester bride (great, intense highlight!)
Grifter
Sin
Chopper

I don't really use the rest tbh.
The glittery ones like Oil slick and Chopper does have a lot of fallout, but i think a lot of UDs glittery shadows does.

I wouldnt repurchase the whole pallette, but i could find myself getting Polyester bride and sin as singles, when i run out.

on 5/3/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I was very tempted to give this a lower rating. The colors are very sparky, and there was an insane amount of fall out. Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy helped somewhat.

The colors lasted for a few hours but not as long as my Naked palette. Also, I thought they weren't as smooth and easy to work with.

on 1/15/2013 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The colors are beautiful! I would have loved this some years back. Got this in a swap and was so excited to try it but I'm now over 40 and if I use eye shadow that's too shimmery/frosty/glittery, Father Time will have an easier chance locating me. I've eluded him farly successfully for years and am trying to keep the chase going.

I still gravitate to all things shiny and pretty but being realistic I can't wear these as they don't do me any favors.

Popular Palettes