Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/27/2010 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading rave reviews for years about UD ES I bought the Ammo and Pony box at Sephora. The pony box was only $20 and I had a $20 gift card so it was free.

The color payoff is good with all these shadows, but the consistency is so shimmery I had to apply a lot to get the color I wanted. And the fallout is ridiculous for most of the shadows. In my opinion it looks trashy. Using it the first time I was having some fun and applied different colors from the palettes to my daughters ages 8 and 11 using the UD primer potion. I discovered it's not just my 48 years of age and oily skin affecting the color and the fading. Both my daughters looked horrible with glitter all over their face and to my suprise the colors (I used different ones on each) faded quite badly on them as well.

I know UD has a cult following, but both of these are going back. I'll stick with MUFE, LM, Lorac and Chantecaille. They are more expensive but worth the price to not look like a clown.

cute packaging, terrible product....very little staying power, even with UDPP, and shattered turned from crack whore blue to a green on my lids within minutes, and started fading...I finally met a palette I hated and it's going back

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I know there is much rave about this pallets. I got it several years ago when it just came out. Tried it a few times, just found it too glittery to blend well. The sparkling powder falls on my lash often, makes my lash look clumsy and messy. Maybe eye shadow primer is a way to get around with the dusty issue, but UDPP gave my eyelids break out after just one try. It could be a good palette, just not for me.

on 5/6/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this set on a whim- and I really wish I hadn't. There is so much shimmer and glitter fallout, I look like I'm going to a rave. Which would've been cool in 1999, when I was 21, but I'm getting a bit too old for that look now. The color selection is pretty, but most of the colors don't work well together, so it's more of a random collection than a pallette, in my opinion. The pigmentation is pretty good, but the colors do seem to fade over the course of the day on me. (Other than the glitter, which never dies.) The packaging that it comes in is quite cool looking and unique, but I'm not wearing the packaging, so that's not really much to recommend it for. I don't get much use out of this product, unfortunately.

on 12/8/2012 1:03:00 AM

My first UD palette. Love all the colors but 5 of them have big chunks of glitter, i don't use these colors anymore! the only way i can use them sometimes is when i lightly dab it on my lid with the fingers, otherwise the glitter is all over my face and its hard to take it off with any brush unless i wash my face. I would recommend to stay away from glittery UD eyeshadows!

The colours are very nice, and mostly pigmented. This is very high quality eye shadow. The down side is that no matter how careful I am, I always end up with a sparkly face (it shouldn't be this hard to avoid getting eye shadow on your face). I probably wouldn't buy this again, mainly because its very sparkly and not that appropriate for every day wear.

on 8/4/2011 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first real makeup palette. I loved it, but I hate the glitter in some of these. I played and learned with this palette and now am in love with Urban Decay deluxe shadows. This was a good palette to start with, but it was frustrating to have to deal with the crazy glitter fallout. Overall I'm glad I got this but would recommend one of the other palettes at Sephora to try and learn with.

on 5/2/2011 1:15:00 PM

Great packaging, very sleek but the eyeshadows themselves are a let down. They're just too shimmery for me! I found that the glittter migrated around my eyes even after using the UDPP! Ended up swapping this away.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wasn't impressed with this palette and ended up swapping it away. The only colors I enjoyed were sin and smog. I felt like the rest of the colors were far to glittery and the textures were gritty. Not to mention, glitter fallout everywhere. Also, the packaging bubbled and warped.

on 5/7/2010 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I swatched these all on my arm and fell in LOVE. I thought all the shades were awesome (except maybe that boring white one on the bottom row).. I noticed the glitter, which I usually dont like, but it wasn't enough to deter me. UNTL I PUT IT ON MY EYES. Oh my god, horrible. Glitter EVERYWHERE. CHUNKS. Giant chunks. ON MY FACE. I can't stand it, I have to return this which is lame because it was a good deal! Only 39 bucks and it came with a full size UDPP! But still. The glitter kills it..