Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

The first reviewer did an excellent job describing this palette so I won't go over that again, I will just give my thoughts on it. First of all, I think this is an excellent palette, especially as an introduction to Urban Decay or for those of us who like Urban Decay but don't like to mess with singles (me!). These are 10 versatile shades arranged in duos, but all of the shades work together nicely. You can create a variety of looks with this palette, from neutral work appropriate to glammed out vibrant or smokey eyes. About half of the shades in this palette are glittery but I find fallout to be minimal. Lasting power is good with a base (I use their primer potion). The packaging is sturdy and cute with a strong magnetic closure. I bought this during an Ulta sale glitch ($20 off instead of 20% off) so I was able to get it for $20 shipped, but I definitely think it is worth the $34, after all, that's just $3.40 per shadow. Would definitely repurchase and I highly recommend this palette!

continued >>

I have just re-discovered the fun of eyeshadow. Last Monday I popped by MAC to get a few tips. They tried a nice teal frost and I bought it for $20. By Friday I realized I needed some kind of primer, so I decided to go to Sephora on my way home. I saw this and just had to have it! For just twice what I paid for the single at MAC, I got this cute set with a sample primer, a useful brush and 10 really cool shades to play with!!!!! I have been playing with this all weekend. I love the primer and find all the colours very fun. You can use this set to get ready for anything. I have found very little fall-out and the glitter is fine. I guess I have the newer set. You can use the colours in many ways. I am just learning what works for me.
I really wanted fun colours to play with. This set gives me colours that pop as well as more neutral ones. With the primer, it lasts all day! Even though I paid full price, I am very happy with my purchase.

on 1/15/2013 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The colors are beautiful! I would have loved this some years back. Got this in a swap and was so excited to try it but I'm now over 40 and if I use eye shadow that's too shimmery/frosty/glittery, Father Time will have an easier chance locating me. I've eluded him farly successfully for years and am trying to keep the chase going.

I still gravitate to all things shiny and pretty but being realistic I can't wear these as they don't do me any favors.

I bought this on a whim from the Urban Decay website as I saw this was on sale for 15 dollars I said why not! I do like this pallette I love Maui Wowie,smog,sin,and chopper. I use almost all the colors in this palette except mildew and that light blue color. The only thing I don't like is that the glitter fallout is redicuolus it will ruin the rest of your makeup so do your shadow first if your using this pallette!

Wonderful pigmentation, easy to blend, cruelty-free, and good value for money, in my opinion. The packaging is nice, too, and it stays closed, unlike Naked (I have the old packaging, though). The only problem is the amount of glitter/fallout with some of these shades, which is why I took off a lippie.

SIN: This is the unpopular opinion, but I don't like it very much. It's just a metallic champagne colour. Nothing special. Good for retro looks.

CHOPPER: Pretty copper colour. Looks *gorgeous* on blue eyes. Also good for the inner corner.

LAST CALL: My current favourite out of the bunch. Beautiful metallic plum shade, I love using it on the outer corner or in the crease. No fallout.

GRIFTER: Great for putting all over the lid. Chunky glitter with lots of fallout if you don't pat it on. Pretty, subtle colour.

OIL SLICK: My favourite eyeshadow to put over liquid eyeliner. Adds shine to the eyes.

POLYESTER BRIDE: I wore this every day in grades 9 and half of grade 10. Bright white shade with chunky glitter which will fall all over your cheeks. I used to put it on the inner third. I loved this eyeshadow and won't say anything bad about it. It reminds me of Serena Van Der Woodsen, from Gossip Girl.

MILDEW: The most matte shade, in my opinion. I think it's really sexy, especially when used in a smokey eye.

SHATTERED: Makes a good lower-lash eyeliner. It's an electric blue, so it's hard to use up.

SMOG: **Not the same as the one in the Naked Palette!!** It's confusing because they have the same name but this is lighter and shimmery-er. It's full of glitter.

MAUI WOWIE: It looks like the perfect mix of gold and silver to me, with a metallic finish. Looks beautiful used as eyeliner, particularly under the eyes. Really makes the lashes stand out.

Overall, if you're not a fan of glitter, then I wouldn't recommend this palette, but the shades are a lot more versatile than one would believe by looking at them in the box. It lasts forever, too... I used Polyester Bride every day for a year and a half and it's still truckin' (I have hit pan, though). I'd buy it again if it ever ran out, though.

this was my first eyeshadow palette from urban decay. contains a wide variety of shades, would recommend this to someone who isnt afraid of using colour! the shades are smog, maui wowie, last call, grifter, shattered, mildew, polyester bride, oil slick, sin and chopper. sin is my favourite shade, one of my all-time favourite eyeshadows.
i find that i dont use the brighter shades that often, i barely use shattered and mildew, although they are gorgeous colours, i dont experiment too much!
there is quite a bit of fallout with these shades, which is one of the few downsides to this palette. all the shades are shimmery, and some contain a large amount of glitter, so it wouldnt be suitable for those who prefer a matte look.
overall, i really enjoy using this palette, hope this review helped!

I really like this pallete! I love how its a combination of bright and neutral colors so it can be used for a day or night look.the colors are very pigmented and easy to work with.the only reason i gave it a four out of five was because some colors have EXTREME glitter fall out but other than that its a great pallete!

on 8/21/2007 7:55:00 AM

this is my first UD eyeshadow palette and certainly will not be my last. i'm still dabbling around with lots of eyeshadow looks and being kinda an eyeshadow/makeup noob, this palette was perfect! it allows for an immense variety of looks and every single colour is extremely usable. i disagree with some of the previous reviews - i think everything is quite highly pigmented, and every colour does its own thing in its own way. by far my most favourite shades are Sin, Mauie Wowie and Smog. these are basic e/s colours which i think will look great on any eye colours. sin is my absolute favourite "creamy" pale lid base colour which i use almost daily (interchangeably with mac's shimpagne) to instantly brighten my eyes. mauie wowie is a true gold which is just amazing used as highlighter and on the inside corners of eyes. smog is great for brown smoky eye and as a liner. my only complaints are that the glitter fallout from mauie and grifter are simply horrendous! it's a real trial (next to impossible i'd say) to get them off your face if you haven't the time in your daily makeup regime to use powder and swipe it off. the more misunderstood colours it seems are shattered and grifter. but shattered is really an incredible oceanic luminous blue which i can see being very versatile for blue and blue green looks. grifter is a pretty pale violet usable in any purple eye looks (the fallout is a major TO though) overall however, this palette truly lives up to the hype and is worth every penny. whether you're looking for a toned down everyday look, a dramatic smokey eye or full-blown bright and pigmented lids, this is a real handy palette to have around.

on 4/12/2007 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've always wanted to try Urban Decay shadows but I hate singles and none of the palettes in the past have grabbed me. Then I saw this on the Sephora website and instinctively, knew I had to have it (we don't have UD in Singapore so I had to buy this without looking at it in person). Boy, am I blown away!! First, I thought Mac shadows were da bomb, but UD's are so super soft, it's like putting a layer of baby powder on your lids. Now, the glitter is slightly annoying, I must admit as it drops all over. But the colour stayed true, and with a base of UDPP, didn't streak or smudge at all after 5 hours. Best of all, I can practically use all the colours in this palette (something unheard of for me!) except maybe Polyester Bride, I'm not a white shadow fan. I especially LOVE Grifter, Chopper and Sin. With the nice mix of warm and cool tones, I find I can wear all of them in different combinations. A tip: if you find the glitter too much, pair just one shade with another Mac e/s. Problem solved! Ref: NC20/25 Chinese, black hair, black eyes.

on 3/9/2014 2:40:00 PM

Ammo was a palette I wanted the first time it launched, but never got around to buying it. When they re-released it, with the new eyeshadow formula, I was super excited. I finally got a chance to swatch these shades at Ulta recently and bought the last Ammo palette. The reason I settled on Ammo, instead of the more popular Naked palettes, is because I already own so many neutral and rose-gold shadows in brands like Wet 'n Wild and L'Oreal and Coastal Scents that I really like them. When it comes to bold color, however, nobody beats Urban Decay, in my humble opinion. If I want neutrals, I turn to my less expensive shadows. It I want BAM! pops of color, I go with Urban Decay every time.

This palette contains 10 shades - Smog, Mildew, Last Call, Oil Slick, Chopper, Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter, and Sin. These range from satiny shimmers to glitter bombs. These are all part of UD's permanent eyeshadow line. This review is for the palette with UD's new formula, so I can't compare fallout to older UD.

Some people have stated that this palette isn't practical for every day looks. I have to respectfully disagree. I actually wore Smog, Sin, and Mildew on my lids to church this morning, and I attend a very conservative, traditional church and it looked appropriate. Yes, you could pile on some Oil Slick and Shattered for a wild look, but with a light hand and good brushes you can use these shades to create daytime looks.

The shades come in a sturdy cardboard compact that is a nice size for travel. It has a strong magnetic closure. The outside of the box is a gorgeous silver with a purple embossed decorative skull with tiny little details in the line work. Inside there is a generous size mirror and a small makeup brush with "UD" and a little skull printed at the base of the handle. UD also includes a sample size tube of their original Primer Potion. I am pretty loyal to Milani, but since it was a freebie I have used the PP. It works about the same as the Milani.

This retails for around $34, but it goes on sale quite regularly at Ulta and Sephora. The texture of the shades varies. Mildew, Smog, Sin, Last Call, and Shattered are all buttery soft, apply beautifully, and blend exceptionally well. Oil Slick and Polyester Bride have a rather off-putting feel to them. Almost chalky due to the large amount of glitter. I tried using Polyester Bride on my inner lids and it irritated my eyes something fierce. I'm not sure if that's a shade I'll dip into often, if at all. The other shades in the palette fall somewhere in between the others in terms of how they feel.

All have rich color payoff, which is to be expected from Urban Decay. Oil Slick is a little patchy, but with a good brush and maybe patting it onto the lid, or using it to set a liquid eyeliner, I can see where it would be nice. There is a lot of fallout, granted, it's not as bad as some of the older reviews (pre-formula revamp) reported. I apply my eyeshadow first, then my foundation afterward, so that I can use a makeup remover wipe after shadow application to clean up any fallout. I found that Smog left quiet a bit of shimmer under my eyes and along the bridge of my nose even using a light hand and tapping my brushes before application.

Would I buy this entire palette again? No, but I would invest in full-sized versions of Mildew, Sin, Smog, Shattered, and Grifter.