Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by age: 44-55
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/6/2015 1:38:00 PM

This palette is now available for $16 on the UD website. I own this one (the very first higher end palette I ever purchased). Love the shadows, though they are a little powdery. Hate the names of the shadows. Nice range of colors.

I have just re-discovered the fun of eyeshadow. Last Monday I popped by MAC to get a few tips. They tried a nice teal frost and I bought it for $20. By Friday I realized I needed some kind of primer, so I decided to go to Sephora on my way home. I saw this and just had to have it! For just twice what I paid for the single at MAC, I got this cute set with a sample primer, a useful brush and 10 really cool shades to play with!!!!! I have been playing with this all weekend. I love the primer and find all the colours very fun. You can use this set to get ready for anything. I have found very little fall-out and the glitter is fine. I guess I have the newer set. You can use the colours in many ways. I am just learning what works for me.
I really wanted fun colours to play with. This set gives me colours that pop as well as more neutral ones. With the primer, it lasts all day! Even though I paid full price, I am very happy with my purchase.

on 5/3/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

As a medium dark African American in her early 50's no less,and luckily I have no wrinkles yet and I love this pallette. Yes, it does have way too much fallout so I just use it with my ELF mascara shield. Because it is so glittery :-) I don't use this on my entire eye. I balance the sparkle with some matte shadow from UD Naked Basics. I got it super cheap on sale for 16.00.

on 5/25/2012 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like Urban Decay shadows, and after finding 2 of the colors I wanted in this palette, I took the plunge. My makeup scheme tries for "me but better" look, but I wanted to have some color too. This shadow set is the answer. I love the colors and even found a nice way to wear the blue/green in an age-appropriate way that gets me compliments. The only colors I haven't done are the black/white: I just don't seem to have the hang of doing the smokey eye look. But this little set of colors is perfect, so many variations can be made and so easy to pack just this one shadow set for a trip. Love, love, love Urban Decay eyes. FYI: I have the Naked palette too. It also rocks.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this palette while at Sephora last weekend. I was a little apprehensive as there is a lot of glitter in these shadows and I'm not exactly 20 anymore and don't want to go around looking like I'm pretending to be a teenager again - BUT - all I have to do is open this palette and gaze at the colors and they make me HAPPY!! They are so gorgeous, plus they're easy to apply and blend. Will save the glittery ones for nights out or vacations. Very happy with purchase. I said I wouldn't buy this again only because I think it's going to last me a very long time.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like the UD palettes for sampling various shades because the singles are a bit expensive. I know if I hit pan on a shade that buying the single will be a good investment.

The Ammo Palette has 5 shimmer shades and 5 glitters. The shimmers are VERY nice and include Smog, Mildew, Shattered, Last Call and Sin. The glitters are Maui Wowie, Oil Slick, Polyester Bride, Grifter and Chopper.

As stated by other reviewers, the glitter shades are pretty chunky and Chopper is the most wearable. I suggest saving the other shades for an evening look. The shimmers are just beautiful, I love Mildew with Smog in the crease and Sin as a highlighter. These are the three shades I would most likely purchase as a single.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am really enjoying this palette. I enjoy in particular, thus far, Maui wowee (sp). I put it on my lids, mildew in the crease, polyester white as the highlighter, BB gel liner in Espresso, and pow wow, gorgeous,. I like the consistency of the shadows, good pigmentation, the glitter is nice - better than the over-the-top shine of irridescents (hear me, Chanel). It is nice to have such colour choice in one palette. I haven't tried all the colours yet, but I may update later. I also have very, I mean very sensitive eyes, and these shadows are not bothering me at all.

UPDATE: Still loving this! I have fallen in love with Shattered - a really nice warmer blue - if I use it on the potion stuff it goes on really well and stays and stays! I don't get the glitter falling all over the place with it, and it looks fab with inlined black liner and lots of black mascara! And, with it, I don't have to worry about the lips or cheeks I can wear whatever I want and it looks fun. Just so enjoying this palette! I let my kids pick out the colour du jour sometimes - they love the palette too.

Update like ages later: Still loving it. Favorite still Mauie Wowie.

I'm 41. Am I too old for this palette? Absolutely. Do I care? Not a twit. These are some gorgeous colors for all ages. Last Call is the only color I truly can not wear, and that has less to do with age, and more to do with coloring -- I'm just too pale for that one. Shattered, Mildew and Oil Slick are great liners -- all the others are perfect base/all over colors. I particularly like Sin, which in the pan looks like so many other gold/beige e/s, but transforms on the lid to something with so much more depth. I will definitely buy this as a single. Polyester Bride is great in the inner corner or on the center of the lid. Glitter? Yeah, there's a lot of it. If you apply shadow with a heavy hand, this may not be for you. The glitter is almost a non-issue when the shadows are applied lightly.

on 1/16/2007 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

IMO this is a wonderful little palette. There is a great color selection. The quality of the e/s is very good w/lots of pigmentation. Some of the shadows do have a lot of glitter, but that isn't a problem for me. The price for the selection of the shadows can't be beat. The packaging is cute, trendy & compact. If I should ever run out, I would definitely purchase another if available.