Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by age: 36-43
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/30/2014 7:05:00 AM

I have had the original Ammo palette for quite some time so it's looking very well used and very well loved as it's in constant rotation having some of my favourite UD shadows.

I love Polyester Bride as an inner corner highlight, but the absolute winner in this palette for me is the beautiful mauve Grifter - I love this shimmery mauve so much I would buy this on it's own or this palette again just for this shade. Shattered is a gorgeous light turquoise and Oil Slick makes a great shimmery black shadow eye liner. For a small palette it's actually quite versatile when paired with something like the Naked Basics. As this contains browns/golds with a matte colour or two you can do a neutral eye as well.

There is a little fallout with this palette but nothing too drastic if you are careful, Maui Wowie and Polyester Bride seem the worst culprits for this but brush away easily enough. The formula of these shadows are smooth and buttery to apply, blending easily and staying true to colour all day with a primer. I know there is a newer version of the Ammo palette with re-formulated shadows in the same colours. However this works fine enough not to warrant an up date yet.

on 11/20/2013 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this palette except for the color Polyester Bride. It is white with so much glitter it falls all over. I got this for do cheap through Sephora I couldn't resist. That makes it easy to ignore the glitter colors.

on 8/24/2013 12:25:00 AM

Great palette. Silky, blendable shadows. 10 colors to compliment any skin tone or eye color. I have used this for years and love that I can change it up to compliment my outfit color or just to add a burst of color to my Naked palette. Last Call adds a great cranberry color that goes with everything. My only complaint is that Shattered tends to fade if you forget to put on your primer, but it fades to nice color so it's not really a negative issue.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I know there is much rave about this pallets. I got it several years ago when it just came out. Tried it a few times, just found it too glittery to blend well. The sparkling powder falls on my lash often, makes my lash look clumsy and messy. Maybe eye shadow primer is a way to get around with the dusty issue, but UDPP gave my eyelids break out after just one try. It could be a good palette, just not for me.

on 8/13/2012 1:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first UD palette. I chose this one because of the large variety of colors, both neutral and bright. While the colors are gorgeous.. I can't use it due to the immense fallout and glitter bombs in most of the colors. Not only does it wind up all over my face, not only during application but throughout the day, but it drive my eyes crazy, even after I remove it.. the rest of the night and into the next day I feel like someone put salt in my eyes. I tried it for an entire week, thinking I would get used to it, but no luck. It's a terrible shame because it was so expensive, and I really looked forward to the purchase thinking I was getting the best. Now I'm stuck with $40 worth of shadow I cannot wear.... fair warning to anyone else considering a purchase.

on 12/3/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love, love, love this palette. I've had it for ages now (I don't wear makeup every day) and often if I'm going away for the weekend I'll just throw this in my makeup bag and that'll be it for eyeshadow. All the colors are gorgeous, some of them do have some glitter fallout, but that is fairly simple to manage.

I'm surprised at seeing people say this is only appropriate for young people or night time, I am 37 and have worn these shadows in daytime and to work often. I use Polyester Bride and Shattered the least, but have used them. A current fave look is Mildew on the lid with Smog in the crease; and Chopper is one of my favorite shadows. These are all on the shimmery side, but can be used intensely or more sparingly for a less intense look.

I have enough shadows that I doubt I'll ever use this palette up, but I definitely would consider buying it again... unless I'd managed to dupe most of the shadows in other palettes by then. I've already got two of Sin and Oil Slick!

on 12/27/2010 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading rave reviews for years about UD ES I bought the Ammo and Pony box at Sephora. The pony box was only $20 and I had a $20 gift card so it was free.

The color payoff is good with all these shadows, but the consistency is so shimmery I had to apply a lot to get the color I wanted. And the fallout is ridiculous for most of the shadows. In my opinion it looks trashy. Using it the first time I was having some fun and applied different colors from the palettes to my daughters ages 8 and 11 using the UD primer potion. I discovered it's not just my 48 years of age and oily skin affecting the color and the fading. Both my daughters looked horrible with glitter all over their face and to my suprise the colors (I used different ones on each) faded quite badly on them as well.

I know UD has a cult following, but both of these are going back. I'll stick with MUFE, LM, Lorac and Chantecaille. They are more expensive but worth the price to not look like a clown.

I had this palette and loved it, today I went to target though and found a super duoe for this palette by Elf. Please see my review and pictures here:

E.L.F. Beautybook Eye Brights Edition Palette Palettes

I am adding a picture of both the Elf palette and the Urban Decay palette side by side above. The Elf palette even compared in quality...wow!

This was my first UD experience. Man, they pack on the glitter! So far I LOVE Sin and Smog. I havent' tried any others, too glittery for work. But I really love the staying power these shadows have! It inspired me to buy YDK also, which I have also reviewed.

I'm a mom to 4 kids, so super glitter is not something I have a lot of chances to wear, but it's fun and I thought a good price for what you get. It made me a fan of UD.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have had this palette for a while now and use it all the time! I especially love Mildew, Last Call, Smog & Shattered. I use Oil Slick as a liner and Sin as a brow highlighter. Maui Wowie, Polyester Bride & Grifter have too much glitter for me, but I still give this product 5 lippies because I use the other shadows in this palette so much. They are silky, highly pigmented and just a dream to wear. The colors are all edgy, urban and fun and I would highly recommend this!