Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by age: 25-29
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Overall:I had the second version (newer) of the ammo palette. I wish they would make a new one. I purchased this and used it for one year. After great use, I've retired it and moved on to Naked2. I would not recommend purchasing this palette (either the 1st or 2nd release) because it was made so long ago.
Pros: I really enjoyed enjoyed this palette, its design, and the quality, pigmentation and color selection.
Cons: Older formulations, would recommend a newer made palette

Backstory: You can tell when UD eyeshadow goes bad right away: the brush kicks up way more product than usual, fallout increases, and the color moves into the crease no matter what primer you use. I get a little milia either on my upper water line, or just above a lash hair, and then I know it's time to move on. Please be careful. I have extremely sensitive skin, but shadows do go off. I called UD about how long their clearance would be good for, and they told me the shadows stay good, on the shelf, for 3 years after production. So now I try to pay attention to when the texture of the shadows changed and only keep them for 1 to 2 years after opening. I had the original Naked 1 palette and eventually had to get rid of it because the shadows weren't performing, same with the ammo (version 2) and my old old old deluxe singles were the same way. UD has great quality!! but if you buy the ammo now, on sale, it might not last the 12 or 24 months the box says it's good for. I would repurchase a palette with the same colors in a heartbeat if they were newly made. Grifter with last call and polyester bride to give more dimension does AMAZING things for hazel eyes. I have never gotten compliments on eye shadow like with that combo. I will miss this palette!!!

on 6/20/2015 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on sale. One thing that bugs me: I have 3 UD palettes: Naked, Shadow Box, and Ammo. All 3 have Smog and Sin. I use Sin on my brow bone, even though I don't really like it, because I have so much of it. I do love Smog. Honestly, the only color I really use in here on a regular basis is Chopper. And I LOVE Chopper. I bought this for $16 so it was cheaper than buying a single thing of Chopper and also gives me some fun options that I do use on occasion. For instance, I have Woodstock... because it is so bright, I usually sweep a little Polyester Bride over Woodstock or any other bright color if I want to use it on my lid instead of my crease. I would buy again. Excellent value.

I really like this palette. The colors are beautiful and shimmery.

I LOVE that this one came with primer potion! That is the most important part in all of my looks. The palette is great as well. I love the colors put into this, there is a nice variety and all are going to be used equally by me. Seems like these are a bit sheer compared to the individual ones from UD but idk maybe I'm crazy. I do wish they were a bit bigger though. The little brush it came with is actually quiet nice as well. The packaging is freakin amazing! I love the silver and purple and that skull is to die for! I just wish they would have made a spot for the lil primer in the actual palette, rather than make a cardboard thing that holds the palette next to it. It's still nice but if it were like I suggested then it would be much easier to stuff in my bag. This is a nice small everyday palette and I highly recommend it for people interested in these colors. My was $16 which is pretty cheap coming directly from UrbanDecay.com.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is definitely not my favorite and to be honest has turned me off to UD eyeshadow completely. There are huge (HUGE!!!!) glitter chunks in this mofo. While the colors are pretty and semi-unique, I really don't need glitter the size of damn sequins rolling down my cheeks, thankyouverymuch.

on 5/3/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I was very tempted to give this a lower rating. The colors are very sparky, and there was an insane amount of fall out. Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy helped somewhat.

The colors lasted for a few hours but not as long as my Naked palette. Also, I thought they weren't as smooth and easy to work with.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't actually like UD, but I have a bad habit of buying their palettes, for some reason. Anyway, Urban Ammo is a 10-pan which features a good mix of neutrals, including golden bronze (pearl), light gold (glitter), light fawn/chocolate milkshake (glitter), champagne (glitter), black (glitter) and white (glitter), plus colors - pinky-plum (satin), lilac (glitter), medium aqua with strong golden shimmer, and deep leafy green (pearl). I find UD shadows to be sheer even over primer, and the glittery shades all have dreadful fallout, but they do have a nice soft texture. The packaging, as is usual with UD, is both cute and well-made: black case with a luxe yet edgy lavender/purple flocked velvet design, plus a great magnetic closure that keeps it from opening in my bag and getting e/s all over everything. I mostly use this palette as a grab and go for vacations, romantic weekends, etc. when I don't want to have to think about what makeup to bring. Oddly, out of everything included, I've gotten the most use out of the double-ended sponge applicator that came with. I use it to apply shadow to the lid - since it's almost the length of a normal brush, it's easier to work with than the conventional tiny ones.

on 4/17/2013 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This was my first ever eyeshadow pallet, its great because you can create many different looks. the eyeshadows are really pigmented and soft, however there are only four colors I actually use, so its kind of a waste on me. If you love to be adventurous with your makeup than this pallet is perfect for you.

on 1/15/2013 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The only reason I say I wouldn't buy this product again is because I regularly use less than half of the colors. But on all other points, it's great.

This palette was given to me by a friend because I mentioned that I wanted to try Sin and she said I could have this since she had an extra (score!) It ended up being a great thing because I got a decent variety of UD colors to try.

That being said, I primarily use Sin, followed by Chopper and occasionally Smog. I'm pretty sure I've never even touched Shattered or Mildew.

The pigment is great, the colors work really well with my skin tone and they are lasting. I'm very happy with UD shadows, they're definitely high quality.

on 12/8/2012 1:03:00 AM

My first UD palette. Love all the colors but 5 of them have big chunks of glitter, i don't use these colors anymore! the only way i can use them sometimes is when i lightly dab it on my lid with the fingers, otherwise the glitter is all over my face and its hard to take it off with any brush unless i wash my face. I would recommend to stay away from glittery UD eyeshadows!