Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by age: 19-24
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Most of the colors I have in another set - Chopper, Sin, smog
Maui wowie is stunning. I'm not into purple, blues or greens they tend to wash me out. I got it for $12 on sale it's great to travel with you could do a lot with it. Natural day looks a funky colorful eye or a dark smokey look.

on 4/25/2015 9:16:00 AM

It is a really great pallette, but i don't think i could ever wear it alone, because it's all shimmery. But i like combining it with other shadows.
My favorites in this palette are
Polyester bride (great, intense highlight!)
Grifter
Sin
Chopper

I don't really use the rest tbh.
The glittery ones like Oil slick and Chopper does have a lot of fallout, but i think a lot of UDs glittery shadows does.

I wouldnt repurchase the whole pallette, but i could find myself getting Polyester bride and sin as singles, when i run out.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was my first high end eye palette and in the beginning I loved it. However over time I started picking it up less and less. The packaging is nice with the exception of the flimsy cosmetic sponge on a stick it came with. HATED! I love the magnetic closing and how travel friendly it is. The relaunched version you now get a brush and samples of the primer potion. Now they have some amazing colors in this palette such as smog, mildew, last call and chopper but the other shades were wayyyyyy to glittery for me. Of course the colors are pigmented and go on smooth. this is urban decay were talking about...lol. I returned this product solely because it wasn't versatile enough for me. It wasn't that many looks I could do with this palette. Yes it does have a black ( oil slick) but it has glitter in it and I like most people like a matte black to use for a smoky eye. Overall its not a sucky palette, I just wish It has colors that go hand and hand. Therefore you can make multiple looks which means getting the most out of your money!

This palette... if you enjoy glitter and bright colors, you'll like this. It was my first palette with non-nude colors and I occasionally use it for a pop of glittery color.
However, this palette is not one I use every day.
I enjoy all the colors except Polyester Bride - the glittery white. The white doesn't come off white enough, if that makes sense. However, the glitter is heavy.
Fall out is incredible. This is not an easy-to-work-with palette.
I use it from time to time, but prefer the UD Electric palette for color.
Won't be repurchasing.

I bought this on a whim from the Urban Decay website as I saw this was on sale for 15 dollars I said why not! I do like this pallette I love Maui Wowie,smog,sin,and chopper. I use almost all the colors in this palette except mildew and that light blue color. The only thing I don't like is that the glitter fallout is redicuolus it will ruin the rest of your makeup so do your shadow first if your using this pallette!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I found this palette for ten dollars at Sephora.com-- the low price was my primary reason for buying it, along with the green and gold shades of shadow.

All the colors looked great when I swatched them in store, but in practice, I find they are very difficult to use in day to day life-- and that is coming from someone that wears some outlandish eye make up, from glitter to neon!

Smog is a coppery shimmery color I'm still experimenting with the best way to use-- it's very bright, it just seems wrong to just use it as a base color for something else.

Mildew is far and away my favorite-- I love the green, I love the way it looks with my other green and gold shadows, and I love the way it looks patted over black eyeliner for a splash of color.

Oil Slick I haven't done much with-- I tend to apply my blacks wet as a liner or smudge them out for a softer line-- this one had a ton of fall out and didn't blend out well, which was disappointing.

Last call is this great plummy red purple-- it looks great on but is somewhat difficult to pair with other colors and I find it too intense to be an all over lid shade.

Chopper is a lot like Smog-- I haven't quite made up my mind what to do with it, mostly because I veer away from most neutral/brown/copper shades.

Maui Wowie is a lot of fun, but the fall out and lack of color pay off kills me. I expect some fall out with glitter, but I'll still be wiping it off after my shower, some nights.

Shattered is my second favorite-- a big surprise! I don't usually wear blue, but this one just has enough green to look flattering against my skin and I love it as an accent color above the outside third of my eyes. Beautiful.

Polyester Bride I use as a highlight on occasion, but nothing more. It's a nice white shadow with good color payoff, but that's all I can really say about it. Nothing exciting or unavailable elsewhere.

Grifter I like to pair with shattered for a sort of "cotton candy" colored dual toned eye-- but oh the fall out! There's just so much of it, seemingly no matter what I do. The color is great, the failure to keep glitter off my cheeks is not.

Sin is a color that I like to glide on to darken up some of my golds in the crease, but I don't tend to use it a great deal on its own. I'm still experimenting with this one as well.

Overall it was a great purchase for ten bucks, but there was also a reason I didn't pick it up until it was that price-- it is difficult to wear in the real world. Definitely not for those that work in an office or a more conservative workplace! Watch out for fall out, but there are some great gems in here if you don't want to purchase the shadow shades included at full size/price.

Bottom line: Watch for fallout, and if you can snag it on sale, you may find some unexpected favorites!

on 9/27/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I honestly can't decide if I like this or not. One thing you should be advised about is that this has glitter. Not shimmer, not a metallic finish, glitter; and chunks of it. I'm only 21, but I'm not a fan at all of glitter, my favorite is matte. Most of the shadows have glitter, others are more of a metallic finish. Overall, these are highly pigmented as Urban Decay is known for. I've never had anything from them and was pleasantly surprised at the quality. The color itself has no fallout, but the glitter does, I got it on top of my cheeks and all around my eyes somehow. I also was sad about Underground (?), the black shade was great in pigmentation, but didn't seem bendable which is not only a must with eyeshadow, but definitely fit a smokey eye such is what mostly black is used for. It seemed like wherever I put it, it stayed there, that's it. I didn't like Polyester Bride being a white with shimmer, not my ideal on the browbone bringing me to the point that I don't understand why they're really isn't any highlight shades. I do however love Sin and Maui Wowie. I've been going back and forth about keeping this or returning it, but I got it on sale for $12, so I may just keep it, but personally, I would never pay full price ($38USD), but anyone who likes glitter, I think it would be worth it for them. Overall, I think for most that this is a pallet for accentuating. To maybe use a specific unique color in their look, but I don't think this is one to create while looks with really too much. It's a good pallet, it's just very specific and I'm not liking the glitter.

Cute packaging, and a ton of really fun shades to work with. Only buy this palette if you like glitter! Every eyeshadow has shimmer or a "sheen" to it. Oil Slick, Mildew, and Chopper are some of my favorite shades. "Last Call" is also beautiful!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My latest acquired palette and I absolutely adore it!I have the the Ammo 2 palette, which has the newer formula of shadows (it is also much better).

The colours are super pretty and very wearable even for everyday looks. The purple/lilac shades are especially beautiful.

The only negative thing with the shadows is the glitter fallout. I have that problem with all UD shadows though and have changed my makeup routine to make it easier. I apply my shadow before I do the rest of my face. That way, I can wipe off the excess glitter without ruining my face makeup.

on 5/19/2013 2:24:00 PM

I tried my hardest to love this palette but it just had do much glitter I strayed away from it often. They are very pigmented shades which Urban Decay I known for BUT the glitter is like glue when it gets on your face. Lots of fallout. It would be good if you have shadow shields though! I use my Naked2 and Basic palette everyday though!