Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 18 & Under
Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Wonderful pigmentation, easy to blend, cruelty-free, and good value for money, in my opinion. The packaging is nice, too, and it stays closed, unlike Naked (I have the old packaging, though). The only problem is the amount of glitter/fallout with some of these shades, which is why I took off a lippie.

SIN: This is the unpopular opinion, but I don't like it very much. It's just a metallic champagne colour. Nothing special. Good for retro looks.

CHOPPER: Pretty copper colour. Looks *gorgeous* on blue eyes. Also good for the inner corner.

LAST CALL: My current favourite out of the bunch. Beautiful metallic plum shade, I love using it on the outer corner or in the crease. No fallout.

GRIFTER: Great for putting all over the lid. Chunky glitter with lots of fallout if you don't pat it on. Pretty, subtle colour.

OIL SLICK: My favourite eyeshadow to put over liquid eyeliner. Adds shine to the eyes.

POLYESTER BRIDE: I wore this every day in grades 9 and half of grade 10. Bright white shade with chunky glitter which will fall all over your cheeks. I used to put it on the inner third. I loved this eyeshadow and won't say anything bad about it. It reminds me of Serena Van Der Woodsen, from Gossip Girl.

MILDEW: The most matte shade, in my opinion. I think it's really sexy, especially when used in a smokey eye.

SHATTERED: Makes a good lower-lash eyeliner. It's an electric blue, so it's hard to use up.

SMOG: **Not the same as the one in the Naked Palette!!** It's confusing because they have the same name but this is lighter and shimmery-er. It's full of glitter.

MAUI WOWIE: It looks like the perfect mix of gold and silver to me, with a metallic finish. Looks beautiful used as eyeliner, particularly under the eyes. Really makes the lashes stand out.

Overall, if you're not a fan of glitter, then I wouldn't recommend this palette, but the shades are a lot more versatile than one would believe by looking at them in the box. It lasts forever, too... I used Polyester Bride every day for a year and a half and it's still truckin' (I have hit pan, though). I'd buy it again if it ever ran out, though.

this was my first eyeshadow palette from urban decay. contains a wide variety of shades, would recommend this to someone who isnt afraid of using colour! the shades are smog, maui wowie, last call, grifter, shattered, mildew, polyester bride, oil slick, sin and chopper. sin is my favourite shade, one of my all-time favourite eyeshadows.
i find that i dont use the brighter shades that often, i barely use shattered and mildew, although they are gorgeous colours, i dont experiment too much!
there is quite a bit of fallout with these shades, which is one of the few downsides to this palette. all the shades are shimmery, and some contain a large amount of glitter, so it wouldnt be suitable for those who prefer a matte look.
overall, i really enjoy using this palette, hope this review helped!

I really like this pallete! I love how its a combination of bright and neutral colors so it can be used for a day or night look.the colors are very pigmented and easy to work with.the only reason i gave it a four out of five was because some colors have EXTREME glitter fall out but other than that its a great pallete!

on 6/12/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Urban Decay, but man! These shadows have WAY TOO MUCH GLITTER! My friend always asks me why I have shimmer all over my face. I wish I would have bought a palette from Too Faced instead.

I was in Sephora one day in the Urban Decay section and was flicking through their palettes, and came across this one. I had never even seen it before and trust me I follow Urban Decay closely. I already owned the Urban Decay sustainable palette, UD Deluxe Eye Shadow Palette, and was about to buy the UD Naked Palette and love the quality and pigmentation of all their shadows! I looked at the colors (Smog, Polyester Bride, Oil Slick, Mildew, Shattered, Last Call, Grifter, Sin, Mauie Wowie, and Chopper) and decided I had to have it! This palette has The Best selection of nudes (Sin, Smog, and Chopper) with a punch of pigmented power (Mildew, Shattered, and Last Call) with a hint of classic! (Polyester Bride, Oil Slick, Grifter, and Maui Wowie) great colors for any eye color or skin tone! Only problem i have is A) the sponge-tip applicator is useless and creates unwanted childish looks that really dont let you get the best out of the creamy Urban Decay Pigmented Goodness and B) the fact that many of these colors are glitter bombs! (mostly Polyester Bride, Maui Wowie, Last Call, Oil Slick, and Chopper) the rest of these colors are shimmer colors (i repeat: all colors are shimmer or glitter-bomb! NO MATTES IN THIS PALETTE! this is why i gave this one less point. I feel that if too much of one color is applied, then your look goes from sexy and classy to overdone and trashy. BE CAREFUL WITH THE FALLOUT GLITTER! it tends to get alll over my cheeks but is easy to buff off. All over this is an EXCELENT product almost worth the price (maybe in my opinion a little pricy but still one of the best palettes i have ever had in my entire life) I will buy this again if and when i run out (this will probably last FOREVER) and use this product everyday! LOVE LOVE LOVE

on 7/18/2010 2:04:00 AM

I got this as a gift. Im not really a neutral fan so this palette wasnt amazing for me. I love oil slick tho. Its so pigmented & glittery. It also sets my black eyeliner and makes it last all day. I wanted to use polyester bride as a brow highlight, but no color showed up, just glitter. All of the colors are super pigmented and smooth (except the blue and purple shade are not that pigmented, but thats good if your not used to colors) i wouldnt have bought this palette myself, but im not giving it a back rating since it is a nice palette, just not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have the Summer of Love palette which has Smog, Chopper && Maui Wowie, but i wanted to get this palette since i love them for when i travel!
Smog- VERY pigmented bronze color. Im cool/neutral && this doesnt look gross or orange on me
Mildew- A dark green color. Im not really a fan of this since if im going to do green, ill use UD Graffiti. Mildew is good if your just getting into color
Oil Slick- ♥♥♥♥ I am obsessed with black eyeshadow && this is perfect! Its super pigmented and glittery!
Last Call- I would say this color is lighter than maroon. Its a deep pink with purple tones in it && it looks sort of red? Its really pigmented and it has a slight iridescence.
Chopper- Bronze color with slight orange tones, but it looks good on my cool/neutral skin. Some glitter but not much
Maui Wowie- A nice antique gold color, but in some lighting it looks like it has slight green tones (on me at least)
Shattered- Dont really like this one. Im a huge fan of blue eyeshadow, but i like UD Minx or UD Peace instead. They are more vibrant.
Polyester Bride- A nice brow highlight. It has very /slight/ silver tones to it but its mostly frosty white with subtle shimmer
Grifter- Not a fan.. its not that pigmented. Its good for somebody who doesnt like color eyeshadow, or is afraid to wear it.
Sin- Super pigmented & smooth. UD says its champagne color but i think it has slight pink tones to it. Its really really pretty!!

on 4/4/2010 11:52:00 PM

I love the shimmer finish colors like Smog, Mildew, Last Call, and Sin. Not a big fan of the glitters because theres lots of fallout but I'll wear them when I can. It's a great deal for a variety of high quality, pigmented colors. I also love the flat, convenient, compact packaging with the mirror because there is little chance that the shadows will shatter if I drop the package (unlike my new KVD palette..) Def. a must have in any makeup enthusiast's collection!

on 7/6/2009 2:35:00 PM

pretty colors and are easily blended, but they aren't as pigmented enough for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette, as it introduced me to sin, a great highlighter/ brow bone color. All the colors are fabulous but oil slick, polyester bride, chopper, grifter. and maui wowie have more glitter, where smog, sin, last call, midew, and shattered are more lustre colors. Smog + Mildew= a lovely look for brown/ hazel eyed girls.