The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am a huge fan of TBS products, and i bought this mascara because a friend recommended it to me. Its not that bad, i've tried worse- but i was a little disappointed as it did not meet the standard i was expecting.
Good Points:
- does lengthen your eyelashes
- gives a natural look
-dries quickly
-lot of product
-nice brush that provided full coverage of each eyelash
-covers the corners and lower lashes well

Bad Points:
-can clump when you put multiple coats
- some lashes do not separate, very well
-too much product comes on the brush, and you have to wipe some off, and can get a bit messy when you try putting it on, and there is too much formula on the brush
- lashes go a bit limp hours after you apply the mascara.
-smudges and rubs off

I would not buy this again, because i feel that there are other, much better mascara's out there; however this is not a bad back up mascara and i still do adore The Body Shop

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this in Cobalt and love it. It is one of the few colored mascaras that show up. The SA at the store told me to use a primer underneath for the color to show better, that worked. It gives good length, with the primer it is a little too long so I sometimes apply it without. It holds a curl pretty well and clumps are easily resolved with a mascara comb afterwards. Has some kind of smell to it, but doesn't bother me.

on 6/23/2007 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I recently became a purveyor of The Body Shop products after purchasing their Vitamin E face spray. After repurchasing this product, the saleslady headlocked me into getting their discount card (who could resist with all the free gifts, discounts, and free gifts). She showed me their Super Volume Mascara and put it on me. I wasn't sure if I really loved it, so I didn't purchase it. I wore it around for the rest of the hot day, it stayed on! I also forgot that I had mascara on and looked in the mirror and said "Wow, you got long, nice looking, natural lashes... got to continue eating those cookies" and then realized it was the mascara and not anything in my highly fat and sugar diet.

I like this mascara a lot because it doesn't dry or become dry on your lashes at all. It feels like you have no mascara on actually. It stays in place but very easy to wash off. Its a nice natural looking black color when applied. I have no lashes, actually that's not true. I have lashes after not wearing mascara for a long time. But I thought this mascara was worth the purchase because it conditions the lashes, doesn't feel like its there, rarely does it irritate my eyes, and they give me great lengths and volume without looking artificial.

The bristles on the wand is neat and unique as it is heavily dense at the tip, and the looses its density in a spiral along the way. This allows for you to get even the tiniest lashes. I do really enjoy this tube of black. Hopefully, it will preserve itself well in the tube and not dry out faster than you use it, like so many mascaras.