The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Bought this out of desperation because I had lost my mascara and this is the only one offered in an airport. Considering its supposed to be a volumizing mascara, this didn't do anything except give me wet spidery lashes. Doesn't dry very well, and it smells horrible! I could smell my lashes throughout the day! For $15 its much as a MAC mascara. Thank goodness for their amazing return policy!

on 3/27/2010 4:23:00 AM

I got a sample version of this product when I purchased a few other things from TBS, & was surprised by how well a freebie could be. But the more I played with it, the more I fell in love with it. Next thing I knew I used the entire thing & was at the store buying the full-sized version. They were sold out of black so on a whim I bought brown. I never thought I'd be into brown mascara at all (to me, the blacker the better,) but the brown was so interesting! It brought more light to my eyes & was just super cute.. I dunno. I could go on, but that's not totally relevant. I also have pretty full lashes, & these could coat them in about one coat. Two coats will make your eyes pop, like you're wearing false eyelashes. Here's the long & the short of it.. Pros: Doesn't smudge, easy removal, lashes aren't stiff, adds GREAT volume, length & thickness. The brush is great also. It's more versatile, unlike lash blast who's brush is just way too bulky & needs a taper so bad! Cons: Sometimes has trouble holding a curl, but I was wearing it in a very humid work place & sweating. (At least it didn't smudge! Also, if you heat up your eyelash curler with a blowdryer that could help.. My eyelashes personally, just have a tendency to fall..) & it clumps a little bit, but if you're savvy with your application & wipe the lumps on the tube before you apply, it's not really a big problem at all. I'm currently working through a Lash Blast tube of mascara, but will probably go back to this mascara afterward because I miss it so!

on 3/20/2010 10:44:00 PM

I normally would never consider buying this product without reading the reviews, however I asked the SA for her opinion on a good mascara they had. She suggested this one or the divide and multiply, and I chose this in black. She assured me if I did not like it that I could def. return it, but I don't think I will be doing that. However, I don't think I would repurchase this. I have been using Lash Blast for about 2 years straight and love the look it gives me, but hate the feeling of fake, hard lashes. This, is soft, and much more natural looking and feeling, however it is sort of sticky, takes a long time to dry after just one coat, and it does not hold a curl that well. The pro is that my eyelashes are not hard and dry and it doest not flake. It can clump easily so you have to be careful to apply it carefully. I feel like this might be comparable to full n soft from the drugstore. Not a bad product at all, but doesnt offer everything I need from a mascara.

on 3/14/2009 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a freebie and I was excited, because the brush looked nice. I think the brush is really nice, but the formula is terrible. I never have a problem with mascara smearing under my eyes, but with this one, I did. It did not lengthen or thicken. It did add color, but I'd expect that of any mascara.

Not recommended.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Very good mascara - this is good for daytime use for me. It does lengthen, nothing over the top or anything, and it doesn't clump with the first coat (I always use an eyelash brush anyway). It makes my lashes look longer and fuller without making me look like I am going out on the town. Doesn't flake off and lasts all day. I didn't have any issues with eye sensitivity or anything and I wear contacts. It does seem to come out a bit thick however but that didn't seem to be an issue. Other than that this is just a good, basic mascara and at a pretty good price. Would repurchase.

This was seriously love at first swipe! I can't get enough, love the brush, will buy over and over again!!!

on 5/17/2008 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

CLICK FOR PIC!

Oh man, I'm in love with this mascara. I have pretty naturally long lashes to begin with, so mascara is not something that I'm usually too worried about. Still, after a trial run with the horrific Lash Blast (seriously, I don't get it), I realized having a decent mascara would make my day brighter. I got this as a GWP in the mini size, and I love it. Makes my lashes infinitely longer than they already are, and most importantly, it separates them, which most mascaras do not do for me. The formula is a little more watery than I would like, but I'll gladly put up with it to get beautiful lashes. Will buy the full size when the mini is done.

continued >>

this is a nice mascara. goes on smoothly with no clumps, and stays put. doesn't dry out lashes or flake off. easy to remove. i wouldn't say it makes my lashes "super" volumnous, but it does plump them up a bit. see my notepad for pics.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

All in all, a very nice mascara. I hadn't used a mascara from The Body Shop in years. The last one I remember using was goopy, clumpy and did absolutely nothing for my eyelashes. But this new mascara is a different story. It glides on smoothly with no clumping, gives my lashes great definition, lengthens them well and adds volume. I took one lippie off because it smudged a little bit but other than that it wore very well throughout the day. Overall, I'm very impressed. I also love how it comes in a nice rich black and a dark, true brown, not a nasty grayish black or dirty brown.
I will definitely repurchase...:)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this based on the good reviews i've seen and on trying this mascara, I too am impressed by it.
It lengthens even though it's not what it's meant for and volumises to boot. The fact it's not tested on animals is also great. I love this stuff and will probably buy it again.

Until now my fave had been Bourjois Volume Glamour but I think this may replace it.