The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am throughly disappointed with this mascara. I wanted to love it so badly. But it really was a let down. I have been using maybelline mascara for years or at least waterproof mascaras. This is my first water resistant one after ages. It is so watery(or slimy) Doesn't build up volume easily and requires so many applications and a bit of conscious effort to make the product transfer from the wand To my lashes. Do not use this product without an eyelash curler. I haven't used my eyelash curler for years because my previous mascaras all lengthened and curled and added volume effortlessly.

This product for me was a let down. I did not like the packaging of this product, I think they could have designed it much better. The smell of this mascara also stood out to me when I first tried it, it's disgusting and put me off. I could smell it even when it was applied to my lashes and it had dried. It took a while for it to dry and I ended up with mascara under my eyebrows whilst waiting for it to dry. I didn't find this mascara to be very volumising. I threw this mascara in the rubbish, as I did not enjoy it all. I would not waste your money on this mascara

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It irritates my eyes. I had to throw my tube away, because I can't use it. :/

on 5/4/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

My mama purchased this for me. She has a huge fetish for The Body Shop items and I really like this brand, too. I don't really like this mascara, though. It smudged within the first hour, started to irritate my eyes a little but (but not as much as the waterproof mascara). One thing I'd like to point out about this mascara is the packaging. It's AMAZING. The cap actually makes a clicking noise once you close it to let you know that your tube is fully closed. It's very reassuring and keeps the mascara lasting longer.

on 11/30/2009 11:53:00 AM

I tried this on in the store in Cobalt and loved it. It looked like a true royal blue. Within an hour though it's just an unnoticeable navy color that made my lashes stiff. I don't wear eyelash primer and don't really want to have to, so decided this was a no-go. I returned it, and would not recommend it.

on 2/8/2008 10:43:00 PM

I had to go to several stores because they were always out of stock, I was excited to try this after reading all the good reviews. Didn't clump nor flake but won't hold my curl and I always use an eyelash curler. It was an ok mascara, made my lashes darker but no noticeable increase in volume or length. Made my eyes burn a little. Will not buy again.

on 10/26/2007 4:06:00 PM

The brush is very good and the mascara doesn't clump and gives lots of volume as promised. However, it feels wet all the time, like you have something on your eyelashes. This feeling got really irritating and I had to take it off after a while.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

As per most of the reviews, I totally agree with the great day time mascara. I have very long lashes, however they are thin, so volume is extremely important to me and I apply my mascara in a back and forth motion (rather than root to tip up and down) as I need to fill in the gaps. Lets just say it took 2 lengthy coats to get the "volumizing" effect, so I cheated actually and did the 3rd with a little bit of my Rimmel Scandal Eyes Curve Alert. Body Shop is wonderful as they are earthy products and I find all of their mascaras def day time friendly. I will re purchase becuase I love the smell, brush and packaging.

I think if you're looking for a volumised day time look, then this mascara is for you. Personally, I was hoping for a more full, sex kitten look I could wear at night. Instead I ended up with a day mascara, but I prefer my day mascara to be lengthening. It doesn't hurt my sensitive eyes and it's easily taken off.

I had never used TBS products, but my best friend bought some stuff and got a makeup bad full of free porducts which she gave to me to try. This is actually a pretty decent mascara. Its not the best out there but it does give volume, dont clump up, and its easy to take-off.