The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am throughly disappointed with this mascara. I wanted to love it so badly. But it really was a let down. I have been using maybelline mascara for years or at least waterproof mascaras. This is my first water resistant one after ages. It is so watery(or slimy) Doesn't build up volume easily and requires so many applications and a bit of conscious effort to make the product transfer from the wand To my lashes. Do not use this product without an eyelash curler. I haven't used my eyelash curler for years because my previous mascaras all lengthened and curled and added volume effortlessly.

This product for me was a let down. I did not like the packaging of this product, I think they could have designed it much better. The smell of this mascara also stood out to me when I first tried it, it's disgusting and put me off. I could smell it even when it was applied to my lashes and it had dried. It took a while for it to dry and I ended up with mascara under my eyebrows whilst waiting for it to dry. I didn't find this mascara to be very volumising. I threw this mascara in the rubbish, as I did not enjoy it all. I would not waste your money on this mascara

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

As per most of the reviews, I totally agree with the great day time mascara. I have very long lashes, however they are thin, so volume is extremely important to me and I apply my mascara in a back and forth motion (rather than root to tip up and down) as I need to fill in the gaps. Lets just say it took 2 lengthy coats to get the "volumizing" effect, so I cheated actually and did the 3rd with a little bit of my Rimmel Scandal Eyes Curve Alert. Body Shop is wonderful as they are earthy products and I find all of their mascaras def day time friendly. I will re purchase becuase I love the smell, brush and packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It irritates my eyes. I had to throw my tube away, because I can't use it. :/

on 12/20/2012 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim. My beloved Max Factor False Lash Effect is on its last legs and I cannot get that brand where I currently live. I wasn't expecting great things but this is a really good mascara. It does what it says on the tin. Tons of volume, very black, but make your lashes stand out. Can look naturalish, but you can build it up for nightime. Only 2 problems: this takes longer to dry than other mascaras. Second of all, it clumps a tiny bit. Not the best mascara, but definitely not the worst. Worth a try.

I think if you're looking for a volumised day time look, then this mascara is for you. Personally, I was hoping for a more full, sex kitten look I could wear at night. Instead I ended up with a day mascara, but I prefer my day mascara to be lengthening. It doesn't hurt my sensitive eyes and it's easily taken off.

on 5/18/2010 9:38:00 PM

i actually got this as a freebie because my friend bought me a lifttle gift set.I really like this mascara, it really does make my short asian lashes look fuller and longer. Satying power is good. brush is really nifty! Im thinking of purchasing this as im not really happy with my rimmel mascara.

on 5/4/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

My mama purchased this for me. She has a huge fetish for The Body Shop items and I really like this brand, too. I don't really like this mascara, though. It smudged within the first hour, started to irritate my eyes a little but (but not as much as the waterproof mascara). One thing I'd like to point out about this mascara is the packaging. It's AMAZING. The cap actually makes a clicking noise once you close it to let you know that your tube is fully closed. It's very reassuring and keeps the mascara lasting longer.

I do really like this mascara, but it is far from perfect.
I have gone through about 3 tubes so far, so I have given it a good try. The mascara is actually at its best when it is almost gone. When it is a bit dry it does amazing things to your lashes. It really feathers them out, which is exactly what I'm looking for in a mascara. I like my lashes to look "unnatural" but nice and soft without clumps or nastiness.
The best application I have found is when I use a sparse coat of this mascara, let it dry for a min (I usually do my eyebrows between the coats) and then use another mascara over it - preferably one with a spiky silicone brush.
The brush that comes with this mascara isn't great. It picks up too much of the product, and you really need to scrape it off well when the tube is new.
If you do put on too much it takes a long time to dry, but if you manage to get a really thin coat (trust me, a thin coat will cover and define really well) it dries quickly.

The product smells really nice, almost a bit like honey.

I will keep purchasing this mascara, but I won't say it's my HG.

This is the only mascara I have ever worn where I keep getting questions about my lashes - what mascara I am using etc.

on 11/30/2009 11:53:00 AM

I tried this on in the store in Cobalt and loved it. It looked like a true royal blue. Within an hour though it's just an unnoticeable navy color that made my lashes stiff. I don't wear eyelash primer and don't really want to have to, so decided this was a no-go. I returned it, and would not recommend it.