The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This product for me was a let down. I did not like the packaging of this product, I think they could have designed it much better. The smell of this mascara also stood out to me when I first tried it, it's disgusting and put me off. I could smell it even when it was applied to my lashes and it had dried. It took a while for it to dry and I ended up with mascara under my eyebrows whilst waiting for it to dry. I didn't find this mascara to be very volumising. I threw this mascara in the rubbish, as I did not enjoy it all. I would not waste your money on this mascara

on 12/20/2012 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim. My beloved Max Factor False Lash Effect is on its last legs and I cannot get that brand where I currently live. I wasn't expecting great things but this is a really good mascara. It does what it says on the tin. Tons of volume, very black, but make your lashes stand out. Can look naturalish, but you can build it up for nightime. Only 2 problems: this takes longer to dry than other mascaras. Second of all, it clumps a tiny bit. Not the best mascara, but definitely not the worst. Worth a try.

on 10/18/2012 7:53:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I was disappointing in this mascara. It takes forever to dry, and too much product comes out on the brush. I actually have to wipe it off on a paper towel before I use it to get decent results. Also, I didn't see very much volume added to my eyelashes. I will not buy this again, however, I will attempt to use up the rest of the tube.

Bought this out of desperation because I had lost my mascara and this is the only one offered in an airport. Considering its supposed to be a volumizing mascara, this didn't do anything except give me wet spidery lashes. Doesn't dry very well, and it smells horrible! I could smell my lashes throughout the day! For $15 its much as a MAC mascara. Thank goodness for their amazing return policy!

I actually love this mascara as much as i love my diorshow mascara. I got a sample size for purchasing their items and i'm very happy with it. I thought this mascara is a waste, but after using it i just can't stop looking into the mirror! I love how this mascara separate each my lashes and this mascara also buildable so i can achieved longer lashes. I also don't need to use any eyelash curler because the brush itself makes my lash curl! Amazing.The only cons that i hate about this mascara is, it easily get smear especially when i'm sweating. Other than that, it just perfect.

on 2/8/2008 10:43:00 PM

I had to go to several stores because they were always out of stock, I was excited to try this after reading all the good reviews. Didn't clump nor flake but won't hold my curl and I always use an eyelash curler. It was an ok mascara, made my lashes darker but no noticeable increase in volume or length. Made my eyes burn a little. Will not buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nothing special. Does what nearly every drug store mascara does. A little thick but in a good way. I'll continue to use it till I'm out but won't repurchase.

on 11/14/2007 11:15:00 AM

I like this mascara, but it can be quite hard to apply. The formula is a little on the wet side and if you're not careful you get spiderleg lashes. It's not waterproof which I kind of gotten used to before I brought this. It's pretty expensive (149 SEK = 24 USD)
I get longer and a little thicker lashes with this one.

Wow! I have stick-straight, puny Asian lashes, even though I'm only half Asian. This mascara really does it for me. I wiggle the brush back and forth when applying it, and it fattens up my lashes dramatically. I also pause and hold the brush for a second when I reach the end of my eyelashes so that it gets the curl to stick. My eyelashes look like they fan out and frame my eyes perfectly when I use this stuff, and I don't even bother using an eyelash curler. I love the dark black color, and even better, there are no gross petroleum by-products like paraffin, which is incredibly hard to avoid in mascaras. It's cruelty-free, too! I usually have problems within two weeks of using a mascara if it irritates my eyes, and I have been using this one for three weeks, and there is no irritation. I love it!

on 9/26/2007 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like many other reviewers, I got this mascara as a GWP. As others have noted, it's a "wet" formulation that is a dark "very black" color. For me, this formula and brush were problematic...I have nothing BUT clumps when I use it, and I will throw it away as soon as I'm done with this review. Once on, seems like there are no major problems with irritation...