The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/10/2011 8:04:00 PM

Won't buy this again. Sure it's reasonably priced, but it doesn't dry for some reason. So it ends up being very smudgy.

Where is the volume? And is this product even going on? Is what I kept asking myself as I applied this mascara. After reading the good reviews, I went out to buy this mascara in black. I was so surprised that it does absolutly nothing to the eyelashes. It is very frusterating as you apply the product because it seems as if you are applying nothing to the eyelashes. I'm glad that The Body Shop gives refunds!

on 10/18/2012 7:53:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I was disappointing in this mascara. It takes forever to dry, and too much product comes out on the brush. I actually have to wipe it off on a paper towel before I use it to get decent results. Also, I didn't see very much volume added to my eyelashes. I will not buy this again, however, I will attempt to use up the rest of the tube.

My friend gave this to me went she got it free with a magazine-its roughly half the price of the mascaras I usually buy- and for that price its not a too bad product. The brush is unusually thin and long for a volumizing mascara but its nice and moist to apply-with only the slightest bit of smudging-and is easy to layer. However, I don't feel this product lives-up to the 'super volume mascara' (words that always excite me) name and is in fact much more of a low key daytime mascara. Also, this mascara lacks the glam factor. I still much prefer my favourite GA 'Eyes to Kill Excess' mascara both in the packaging and the results of the product. Love The Body Shop, but not this mascara.

on 3/20/2010 10:44:00 PM

I normally would never consider buying this product without reading the reviews, however I asked the SA for her opinion on a good mascara they had. She suggested this one or the divide and multiply, and I chose this in black. She assured me if I did not like it that I could def. return it, but I don't think I will be doing that. However, I don't think I would repurchase this. I have been using Lash Blast for about 2 years straight and love the look it gives me, but hate the feeling of fake, hard lashes. This, is soft, and much more natural looking and feeling, however it is sort of sticky, takes a long time to dry after just one coat, and it does not hold a curl that well. The pro is that my eyelashes are not hard and dry and it doest not flake. It can clump easily so you have to be careful to apply it carefully. I feel like this might be comparable to full n soft from the drugstore. Not a bad product at all, but doesnt offer everything I need from a mascara.

on 11/30/2009 11:53:00 AM

I tried this on in the store in Cobalt and loved it. It looked like a true royal blue. Within an hour though it's just an unnoticeable navy color that made my lashes stiff. I don't wear eyelash primer and don't really want to have to, so decided this was a no-go. I returned it, and would not recommend it.

Was excited when I first got this product, but when I wore it, I noticed it didn't give me 'super volume' nor did it lengthen very well. It also tends to smude towards the end of the day. The formula is not very good, and I would not recommend buying it at all. It was a huge dissapointment.

on 2/22/2009 11:57:00 AM

I got a free trial size of this mascara in black. It does give quite a lot of volume but I find it very clumpy. Too much product comes out on the wand and it's difficult to control, even though I always comb through the eyelashes after applciation.

on 10/26/2007 4:06:00 PM

The brush is very good and the mascara doesn't clump and gives lots of volume as promised. However, it feels wet all the time, like you have something on your eyelashes. This feeling got really irritating and I had to take it off after a while.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

As per most of the reviews, I totally agree with the great day time mascara. I have very long lashes, however they are thin, so volume is extremely important to me and I apply my mascara in a back and forth motion (rather than root to tip up and down) as I need to fill in the gaps. Lets just say it took 2 lengthy coats to get the "volumizing" effect, so I cheated actually and did the 3rd with a little bit of my Rimmel Scandal Eyes Curve Alert. Body Shop is wonderful as they are earthy products and I find all of their mascaras def day time friendly. I will re purchase becuase I love the smell, brush and packaging.