The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Terrible product. Just terrible! My eyelashes became my enemy when I was wearing it! The top ones got so sticky and clumpy and ragged that they stuck like Velcro to the bottoms ones ( where I don't even wear mascara) and I had to actually force my eyes back open every time I blinked! Awful day at work because if it! Gave away straight away and vowed never to return to it...

This product for me was a let down. I did not like the packaging of this product, I think they could have designed it much better. The smell of this mascara also stood out to me when I first tried it, it's disgusting and put me off. I could smell it even when it was applied to my lashes and it had dried. It took a while for it to dry and I ended up with mascara under my eyebrows whilst waiting for it to dry. I didn't find this mascara to be very volumising. I threw this mascara in the rubbish, as I did not enjoy it all. I would not waste your money on this mascara

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is actually my HG Mascara (I've got it in black). I have tried loads of others and have got a few others at the moment but I always come back to this, no matter if I use it day or night, work or play. It just does exactly what I want a mascara to do.
Pros: great consistency (not too wet), great shape brush (takes up the right amount of product and I only need to stick the brush in to the tube ONCE for my ideal coverage - so I can do several layers with just that one brush), goes on a treat (no spider lashes, no clumps, no smuding), dries very quickly and stays on all day/night, natural look (no false lash look just nice full, separated lashes with a flirty curl)
Cons: none
I need to buy a backup of this, I am so afraid I will run out before my wedding & honeymoon. I might get this other available colours as well.
This is love!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this free in a magazine, but I'll happily pay to get it again when I run out. It's not clumpy or over the top at all, so it's great to wear during the day. Even though it's called super volume it's actually not as effective as some other mascaras so if I'm going out at night I wouldn't wear this.

It's not waterproof, so it's easy to get off at the end of the day, but it stays on well when you want it to and doesn't run very much at all, which is always good in a mascara.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It's great as a daytime mascara, it lengthens and volumises well however it just isn't what I'm looking for. It smudges easily throughout the day, which is a huge problem. It does volumise but not as much as I would like. If you want a natural mascara get this but if you want something dramatic don't get it. The lengthening properties are fabulous however and separates perfectly with no clumps. However, not the mascara for me unfortunately!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this based on the good reviews i've seen and on trying this mascara, I too am impressed by it.
It lengthens even though it's not what it's meant for and volumises to boot. The fact it's not tested on animals is also great. I love this stuff and will probably buy it again.

Until now my fave had been Bourjois Volume Glamour but I think this may replace it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials