The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am throughly disappointed with this mascara. I wanted to love it so badly. But it really was a let down. I have been using maybelline mascara for years or at least waterproof mascaras. This is my first water resistant one after ages. It is so watery(or slimy) Doesn't build up volume easily and requires so many applications and a bit of conscious effort to make the product transfer from the wand To my lashes. Do not use this product without an eyelash curler. I haven't used my eyelash curler for years because my previous mascaras all lengthened and curled and added volume effortlessly.

on 3/4/2009 12:23:00 AM

I got a freebie from my cousin last Christmas. I was surprised cause I'm not usually into TBS cosmetics. This one is pretty good. No smudging, easy to remove, no clumping, looks natural. It doesn't cause any stiff lashes. It looks good even when I'm lazy to curl my lashes. It isn't a mascara for dramatic lashes. But it's a good staple for my everyday use.

**UPDATE: I didn't know how bad this was until my friend saw me wearing this mascara and asked what happened to my lashes. I used to wear better mascaras that accentuate my lashes. She said I was better off not wearing this mascara cause it didn't do a thing and cause my lashes to droop instead. So I've stopped and switched back to my Japanese mascaras. Changed my review from a 4 to 2.

on 12/23/2006 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Very nice mascara; better than the drugstore brands I have tried including Cover Girl Lash Exact. I can apply this smooth formula to my lower lashes without making a mess.

on 10/12/2006 8:53:00 PM

Very good mascara! doesn't irritate my eyes, is not tested on animals, good length and volume. The bristles are nice and dense, and there is not too much product on them, because the tube opening is small enough to wipe the excess off. It could get clumpy, but does not stick eyelashes together or weigh them down. The black is nice and rich, not greyish or charcoal. I did not find the product to be so wet that it wilted the curl in my lashes. Good stuff! Not real expensive! Try it out if you are looking for a new mascara.
UPDATE: the body shop has been purchased by L'Oreal, which is one of the worst ethical offenders for animal testing. Sorry, this product loses my vote now.
EDIT: ok I've decided to support TBS again, hoping that L'Oreal might see the consumer support of a cruelty-free company and adopt a similar approach for the rest of its products. This was a difficult decision.

on 10/4/2006 1:57:00 PM

Well... i am impressed. i really liked the formula of this mascara. it's a bit wet which i like and does a good job in giving volume to my lashes (you need to apply two coats for a better result) and it doesn't clump and comes off easily even with soap and water. it also gives a bit of length, which is OK, 'cause it wasn't claimed to be a lengthening mascara. i used to wear MF 2000 mascara, but it was a bit too dry to my liking, and also they test on animals which is a NO-NO for me, so i'm very glad, that i've got a sample of this mascara as a present and i will definitely buy it myself. the only thing which i'm not really fond of is the brush, you have to get used to it, but for now this mascara is the best i've found for my lashes.