The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/6/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Did not give me nice lashes, transferred in a matter of minutes. I used it 3 times, then I had to toss it. I cant walk around looking like a raccoon..

Terrible product. Just terrible! My eyelashes became my enemy when I was wearing it! The top ones got so sticky and clumpy and ragged that they stuck like Velcro to the bottoms ones ( where I don't even wear mascara) and I had to actually force my eyes back open every time I blinked! Awful day at work because if it! Gave away straight away and vowed never to return to it...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It irritates my eyes. I had to throw my tube away, because I can't use it. :/

on 10/10/2011 8:04:00 PM

Won't buy this again. Sure it's reasonably priced, but it doesn't dry for some reason. So it ends up being very smudgy.

on 12/5/2013 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It's a very wet mascara, takes its time drying, and you need to blink don't you? So, inevitably, you end up with a bit of the product on your face/eye lid. I'm a fan of the q-tip get the excess off so it doesn't panderize you, but somehow, this still manages to leave a small amount of smudgyness under my eye. And it doesn't really add that much to my lashes.

on 8/24/2013 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My lashes are actually pretty long, so I was content with purchasing this mascara and knowing that it'd be strictly for volume. However, after trying this out, I must say that I don't think it will find its way into my makeup bag again.

Firstly, the formula is terribly wet. Not that I'd like a dry formula (you can hear those scraping against your eyelashes when applying), but I'd also not like to have to wait 9 minutes after applying 2 coats. This depends on your preference as a person, but I didn't enjoy the extra drying time.

Second, the formula's also quite smudgy. It seemed to be prone to sticking everywhere over the eyelid and under-eye area, and it took 3-4 Q-Tips to remove all of the jet-black streaks. I can't imagine using this mascara in the case of a more formal occasion (where eyeshadow, liner and mascara might be used- I use liner and mascara only for everyday), as applying this after shadow and liner would ruin all of your previous work.

Third, I disliked the brush shape immensely. I've never seen anything quite like it, but it allowed for uneven and clumpy application that left me looking like I'd dipped my made-up face in water. The brush itself has a pattern of long bristles and short bristles, which was very inconvenient for my lashes.

Did the formula do what it said? Somewhat. My lashes DID have some volume, but the clumpiness, streakiness, brush shape and drying time made for an unhappy woman with mediocre lashes and $15 less in her pocket.

My friend gave this to me went she got it free with a magazine-its roughly half the price of the mascaras I usually buy- and for that price its not a too bad product. The brush is unusually thin and long for a volumizing mascara but its nice and moist to apply-with only the slightest bit of smudging-and is easy to layer. However, I don't feel this product lives-up to the 'super volume mascara' (words that always excite me) name and is in fact much more of a low key daytime mascara. Also, this mascara lacks the glam factor. I still much prefer my favourite GA 'Eyes to Kill Excess' mascara both in the packaging and the results of the product. Love The Body Shop, but not this mascara.

on 5/4/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

My mama purchased this for me. She has a huge fetish for The Body Shop items and I really like this brand, too. I don't really like this mascara, though. It smudged within the first hour, started to irritate my eyes a little but (but not as much as the waterproof mascara). One thing I'd like to point out about this mascara is the packaging. It's AMAZING. The cap actually makes a clicking noise once you close it to let you know that your tube is fully closed. It's very reassuring and keeps the mascara lasting longer.

on 3/20/2010 10:44:00 PM

I normally would never consider buying this product without reading the reviews, however I asked the SA for her opinion on a good mascara they had. She suggested this one or the divide and multiply, and I chose this in black. She assured me if I did not like it that I could def. return it, but I don't think I will be doing that. However, I don't think I would repurchase this. I have been using Lash Blast for about 2 years straight and love the look it gives me, but hate the feeling of fake, hard lashes. This, is soft, and much more natural looking and feeling, however it is sort of sticky, takes a long time to dry after just one coat, and it does not hold a curl that well. The pro is that my eyelashes are not hard and dry and it doest not flake. It can clump easily so you have to be careful to apply it carefully. I feel like this might be comparable to full n soft from the drugstore. Not a bad product at all, but doesnt offer everything I need from a mascara.

on 11/30/2009 11:53:00 AM

I tried this on in the store in Cobalt and loved it. It looked like a true royal blue. Within an hour though it's just an unnoticeable navy color that made my lashes stiff. I don't wear eyelash primer and don't really want to have to, so decided this was a no-go. I returned it, and would not recommend it.