The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is actually my HG Mascara (I've got it in black). I have tried loads of others and have got a few others at the moment but I always come back to this, no matter if I use it day or night, work or play. It just does exactly what I want a mascara to do.
Pros: great consistency (not too wet), great shape brush (takes up the right amount of product and I only need to stick the brush in to the tube ONCE for my ideal coverage - so I can do several layers with just that one brush), goes on a treat (no spider lashes, no clumps, no smuding), dries very quickly and stays on all day/night, natural look (no false lash look just nice full, separated lashes with a flirty curl)
Cons: none
I need to buy a backup of this, I am so afraid I will run out before my wedding & honeymoon. I might get this other available colours as well.
This is love!

on 7/3/2010 6:03:00 PM

I recieved a free gift when I spent 30 or more at the Body Shop and in it I got a sample of the Divide and Multiply Mascara. It soon ran out so I went to the store and saw they had a volumising mascara, and boy am I glad I bought it!
It is very black, doesn't clump and curls and volumises my lashes brilliantly. Plus they stay like that all day! It looks very natural, not overly heavy and thick like other mascaras.
I would definatly re-purchase this mascara, but then again, 10 is a little expensive for a mascara. I got it for half price because of my Body Shop card.
Hope this review helps everyone!

on 3/27/2010 4:23:00 AM

I got a sample version of this product when I purchased a few other things from TBS, & was surprised by how well a freebie could be. But the more I played with it, the more I fell in love with it. Next thing I knew I used the entire thing & was at the store buying the full-sized version. They were sold out of black so on a whim I bought brown. I never thought I'd be into brown mascara at all (to me, the blacker the better,) but the brown was so interesting! It brought more light to my eyes & was just super cute.. I dunno. I could go on, but that's not totally relevant. I also have pretty full lashes, & these could coat them in about one coat. Two coats will make your eyes pop, like you're wearing false eyelashes. Here's the long & the short of it.. Pros: Doesn't smudge, easy removal, lashes aren't stiff, adds GREAT volume, length & thickness. The brush is great also. It's more versatile, unlike lash blast who's brush is just way too bulky & needs a taper so bad! Cons: Sometimes has trouble holding a curl, but I was wearing it in a very humid work place & sweating. (At least it didn't smudge! Also, if you heat up your eyelash curler with a blowdryer that could help.. My eyelashes personally, just have a tendency to fall..) & it clumps a little bit, but if you're savvy with your application & wipe the lumps on the tube before you apply, it's not really a big problem at all. I'm currently working through a Lash Blast tube of mascara, but will probably go back to this mascara afterward because I miss it so!

I actually love this mascara as much as i love my diorshow mascara. I got a sample size for purchasing their items and i'm very happy with it. I thought this mascara is a waste, but after using it i just can't stop looking into the mirror! I love how this mascara separate each my lashes and this mascara also buildable so i can achieved longer lashes. I also don't need to use any eyelash curler because the brush itself makes my lash curl! Amazing.The only cons that i hate about this mascara is, it easily get smear especially when i'm sweating. Other than that, it just perfect.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favortie but it has compition with TBS's new Divide and Mulitply mascara...

This was seriously love at first swipe! I can't get enough, love the brush, will buy over and over again!!!

on 5/17/2008 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

CLICK FOR PIC!

Oh man, I'm in love with this mascara. I have pretty naturally long lashes to begin with, so mascara is not something that I'm usually too worried about. Still, after a trial run with the horrific Lash Blast (seriously, I don't get it), I realized having a decent mascara would make my day brighter. I got this as a GWP in the mini size, and I love it. Makes my lashes infinitely longer than they already are, and most importantly, it separates them, which most mascaras do not do for me. The formula is a little more watery than I would like, but I'll gladly put up with it to get beautiful lashes. Will buy the full size when the mini is done.

continued >>

on 11/22/2007 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got this as a gwp, so I only got the sample size, but so far I really like it. It's a nice formula that gives nice definition and a bit of length and volume. It's not very dramatic, but it's quick and easy to apply, nice for a natural, everyday look.

Wow! I have stick-straight, puny Asian lashes, even though I'm only half Asian. This mascara really does it for me. I wiggle the brush back and forth when applying it, and it fattens up my lashes dramatically. I also pause and hold the brush for a second when I reach the end of my eyelashes so that it gets the curl to stick. My eyelashes look like they fan out and frame my eyes perfectly when I use this stuff, and I don't even bother using an eyelash curler. I love the dark black color, and even better, there are no gross petroleum by-products like paraffin, which is incredibly hard to avoid in mascaras. It's cruelty-free, too! I usually have problems within two weeks of using a mascara if it irritates my eyes, and I have been using this one for three weeks, and there is no irritation. I love it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Whoa...where has this beauty been? I got this in a trial size with a GWP as part of their card club with a purchase over $50. Didn't think about it really until I tried it, after all I have a lot of GWP mascaras rolling around from E/L, Lancome, etc. Well, I tried this one today and *hello!* swoon time. It looks like I have falsies on without really trying. Here's my lash type: naturally longish and glossy, no problem curling, I can get my lashes to stay perky with mascara, without using an eyelash curler. So, I put this on and it really adds volume and length with very little effort, and the formula looks glossy and natural, not spiky. It's easy to build the length too, on your second coat because it' doesn't dry too fast. I love this! I hope I don't have an in-stock problem when I go to repurchase it.