The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/6/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Did not give me nice lashes, transferred in a matter of minutes. I used it 3 times, then I had to toss it. I cant walk around looking like a raccoon..

Terrible product. Just terrible! My eyelashes became my enemy when I was wearing it! The top ones got so sticky and clumpy and ragged that they stuck like Velcro to the bottoms ones ( where I don't even wear mascara) and I had to actually force my eyes back open every time I blinked! Awful day at work because if it! Gave away straight away and vowed never to return to it...

I do really like this mascara, but it is far from perfect.
I have gone through about 3 tubes so far, so I have given it a good try. The mascara is actually at its best when it is almost gone. When it is a bit dry it does amazing things to your lashes. It really feathers them out, which is exactly what I'm looking for in a mascara. I like my lashes to look "unnatural" but nice and soft without clumps or nastiness.
The best application I have found is when I use a sparse coat of this mascara, let it dry for a min (I usually do my eyebrows between the coats) and then use another mascara over it - preferably one with a spiky silicone brush.
The brush that comes with this mascara isn't great. It picks up too much of the product, and you really need to scrape it off well when the tube is new.
If you do put on too much it takes a long time to dry, but if you manage to get a really thin coat (trust me, a thin coat will cover and define really well) it dries quickly.

The product smells really nice, almost a bit like honey.

I will keep purchasing this mascara, but I won't say it's my HG.

This is the only mascara I have ever worn where I keep getting questions about my lashes - what mascara I am using etc.

on 5/17/2008 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

CLICK FOR PIC!

Oh man, I'm in love with this mascara. I have pretty naturally long lashes to begin with, so mascara is not something that I'm usually too worried about. Still, after a trial run with the horrific Lash Blast (seriously, I don't get it), I realized having a decent mascara would make my day brighter. I got this as a GWP in the mini size, and I love it. Makes my lashes infinitely longer than they already are, and most importantly, it separates them, which most mascaras do not do for me. The formula is a little more watery than I would like, but I'll gladly put up with it to get beautiful lashes. Will buy the full size when the mini is done.

continued >>

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am throughly disappointed with this mascara. I wanted to love it so badly. But it really was a let down. I have been using maybelline mascara for years or at least waterproof mascaras. This is my first water resistant one after ages. It is so watery(or slimy) Doesn't build up volume easily and requires so many applications and a bit of conscious effort to make the product transfer from the wand To my lashes. Do not use this product without an eyelash curler. I haven't used my eyelash curler for years because my previous mascaras all lengthened and curled and added volume effortlessly.

on 8/24/2013 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My lashes are actually pretty long, so I was content with purchasing this mascara and knowing that it'd be strictly for volume. However, after trying this out, I must say that I don't think it will find its way into my makeup bag again.

Firstly, the formula is terribly wet. Not that I'd like a dry formula (you can hear those scraping against your eyelashes when applying), but I'd also not like to have to wait 9 minutes after applying 2 coats. This depends on your preference as a person, but I didn't enjoy the extra drying time.

Second, the formula's also quite smudgy. It seemed to be prone to sticking everywhere over the eyelid and under-eye area, and it took 3-4 Q-Tips to remove all of the jet-black streaks. I can't imagine using this mascara in the case of a more formal occasion (where eyeshadow, liner and mascara might be used- I use liner and mascara only for everyday), as applying this after shadow and liner would ruin all of your previous work.

Third, I disliked the brush shape immensely. I've never seen anything quite like it, but it allowed for uneven and clumpy application that left me looking like I'd dipped my made-up face in water. The brush itself has a pattern of long bristles and short bristles, which was very inconvenient for my lashes.

Did the formula do what it said? Somewhat. My lashes DID have some volume, but the clumpiness, streakiness, brush shape and drying time made for an unhappy woman with mediocre lashes and $15 less in her pocket.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It irritates my eyes. I had to throw my tube away, because I can't use it. :/

on 12/20/2012 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim. My beloved Max Factor False Lash Effect is on its last legs and I cannot get that brand where I currently live. I wasn't expecting great things but this is a really good mascara. It does what it says on the tin. Tons of volume, very black, but make your lashes stand out. Can look naturalish, but you can build it up for nightime. Only 2 problems: this takes longer to dry than other mascaras. Second of all, it clumps a tiny bit. Not the best mascara, but definitely not the worst. Worth a try.

on 2/6/2011 8:26:00 AM

I've been wearing this mascara for some time now and I have to say that it's a good mascara. However, it's not one of the best I've tried, it doesn't wow me. It is lacking in the volume-department. I wish it made the lashes a bit fuller. On the plus side it's easy to take off, doesn't irritate the eyes and provides good length. Also the staying power is very good and it doesn't smudge. A nice everyday mascara but lacks that little extra necessary in order for me to consider it a really good mascara. I am unsure whether I'd repurchase it or not.

on 5/18/2010 9:38:00 PM

i actually got this as a freebie because my friend bought me a lifttle gift set.I really like this mascara, it really does make my short asian lashes look fuller and longer. Satying power is good. brush is really nifty! Im thinking of purchasing this as im not really happy with my rimmel mascara.