The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've never really associated The Body Shop with mascara. Indeed, I haven't purchased any makeup from the Body Shop since the days of Colourings. The only reason I tried this mascara is because it was included in a free gift (colour - black). As it turns out, Super Volume Mascara is one of the best mascaras I've ever tried! It makes my average lashes VERY long and thick, doesn't smudge, clumps very little, and stays on for a good few hours (or at least until I was caught in a rainstorm...but hey, it doesn't claim to be waterproof). It's easy to remove with a standard makeup remover. I'll definitely buy another tube when I run out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Like the reviewer below, i got this Super Volume Mascara as one among a few other free gifts in a black pouch from TBS. i tried it on yesterday when i reached home, and i am absolutely amazed. This darkens, voluminizes my lashes and lengthens it incredibly! i've never seen this effect even with Diorshow or maybelline mascaras. On me, it seems to curl lashes too, (i used it without a curler). I think TBS has hit jackpot with this particular baby. The formula doesn't clump (i must have put over ten coats on cos i was trying to see how far it could lengthen my puny asian lashes) and well... my lashes were more than twice as long when i was done! voluminizes and lengthens like a dream, i just wish it came in a waterproof formula too. but i'm definitely buying this when the sample tube (2.5ml) runs out, though i'll be keeping it solely for big occasions when i feel like having (literally!) fluttering lashes. HG, for lush, voluminous and long lashes! (except that i probably can't cry in this)

on 10/3/2006 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm sorry to burst the bubble of good reviews for this product, but it's just not that impressive IMHO. Bottom line, it does thicken the lashes but doesn't fan them out. This mascara basically clumps lashes together. I like a mascara that seperates and provide definition/thickness. This just doesn't make the cut. I got this as a freebie just as the other reviewers below. Thank goodness it was free because if I had paid for it I would have to return it. The SA at TBS bragged on and on about this mascara being so great and said that it was the "best ever". Obviously she's never tried Cover Girl's Lash Exact because IMO that's the "best ever" mascara and to this date I have not found a mascara to top it (drugstore or department store brand). Again, it's an OK mascara, but nothing to yell from rooftops about.

on 10/4/2006 1:57:00 PM

Well... i am impressed. i really liked the formula of this mascara. it's a bit wet which i like and does a good job in giving volume to my lashes (you need to apply two coats for a better result) and it doesn't clump and comes off easily even with soap and water. it also gives a bit of length, which is OK, 'cause it wasn't claimed to be a lengthening mascara. i used to wear MF 2000 mascara, but it was a bit too dry to my liking, and also they test on animals which is a NO-NO for me, so i'm very glad, that i've got a sample of this mascara as a present and i will definitely buy it myself. the only thing which i'm not really fond of is the brush, you have to get used to it, but for now this mascara is the best i've found for my lashes.

on 10/12/2006 8:53:00 PM

Very good mascara! doesn't irritate my eyes, is not tested on animals, good length and volume. The bristles are nice and dense, and there is not too much product on them, because the tube opening is small enough to wipe the excess off. It could get clumpy, but does not stick eyelashes together or weigh them down. The black is nice and rich, not greyish or charcoal. I did not find the product to be so wet that it wilted the curl in my lashes. Good stuff! Not real expensive! Try it out if you are looking for a new mascara.
UPDATE: the body shop has been purchased by L'Oreal, which is one of the worst ethical offenders for animal testing. Sorry, this product loses my vote now.
EDIT: ok I've decided to support TBS again, hoping that L'Oreal might see the consumer support of a cruelty-free company and adopt a similar approach for the rest of its products. This was a difficult decision.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this based on the good reviews i've seen and on trying this mascara, I too am impressed by it.
It lengthens even though it's not what it's meant for and volumises to boot. The fact it's not tested on animals is also great. I love this stuff and will probably buy it again.

Until now my fave had been Bourjois Volume Glamour but I think this may replace it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

All in all, a very nice mascara. I hadn't used a mascara from The Body Shop in years. The last one I remember using was goopy, clumpy and did absolutely nothing for my eyelashes. But this new mascara is a different story. It glides on smoothly with no clumping, gives my lashes great definition, lengthens them well and adds volume. I took one lippie off because it smudged a little bit but other than that it wore very well throughout the day. Overall, I'm very impressed. I also love how it comes in a nice rich black and a dark, true brown, not a nasty grayish black or dirty brown.
I will definitely repurchase...:)

This mascara rocks my world !!! makes lashes super duper thick but doesnt clump , curls well and holds the curl ,doesnt flake off or smudge .This is awesome go and buy it !!!!!

on 12/23/2006 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Very nice mascara; better than the drugstore brands I have tried including Cover Girl Lash Exact. I can apply this smooth formula to my lower lashes without making a mess.

i really like this mascara. i've been using diorshow before and that was a dry formula. this mascara is more of a wetter formula, which i prefer. it goes on perfectly. i curl my lashes, apply one coat, wait til dry, then apply second coat. i really like it