The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It irritates my eyes. I had to throw my tube away, because I can't use it. :/

on 12/20/2012 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim. My beloved Max Factor False Lash Effect is on its last legs and I cannot get that brand where I currently live. I wasn't expecting great things but this is a really good mascara. It does what it says on the tin. Tons of volume, very black, but make your lashes stand out. Can look naturalish, but you can build it up for nightime. Only 2 problems: this takes longer to dry than other mascaras. Second of all, it clumps a tiny bit. Not the best mascara, but definitely not the worst. Worth a try.

on 2/6/2011 8:26:00 AM

I've been wearing this mascara for some time now and I have to say that it's a good mascara. However, it's not one of the best I've tried, it doesn't wow me. It is lacking in the volume-department. I wish it made the lashes a bit fuller. On the plus side it's easy to take off, doesn't irritate the eyes and provides good length. Also the staying power is very good and it doesn't smudge. A nice everyday mascara but lacks that little extra necessary in order for me to consider it a really good mascara. I am unsure whether I'd repurchase it or not.

on 5/18/2010 9:38:00 PM

i actually got this as a freebie because my friend bought me a lifttle gift set.I really like this mascara, it really does make my short asian lashes look fuller and longer. Satying power is good. brush is really nifty! Im thinking of purchasing this as im not really happy with my rimmel mascara.

on 3/20/2010 10:44:00 PM

I normally would never consider buying this product without reading the reviews, however I asked the SA for her opinion on a good mascara they had. She suggested this one or the divide and multiply, and I chose this in black. She assured me if I did not like it that I could def. return it, but I don't think I will be doing that. However, I don't think I would repurchase this. I have been using Lash Blast for about 2 years straight and love the look it gives me, but hate the feeling of fake, hard lashes. This, is soft, and much more natural looking and feeling, however it is sort of sticky, takes a long time to dry after just one coat, and it does not hold a curl that well. The pro is that my eyelashes are not hard and dry and it doest not flake. It can clump easily so you have to be careful to apply it carefully. I feel like this might be comparable to full n soft from the drugstore. Not a bad product at all, but doesnt offer everything I need from a mascara.

I had never used TBS products, but my best friend bought some stuff and got a makeup bad full of free porducts which she gave to me to try. This is actually a pretty decent mascara. Its not the best out there but it does give volume, dont clump up, and its easy to take-off.

on 2/7/2009 7:35:00 PM

I just got this product yesterday and I expected the best seeing as it was $22 here in WA state. It is nice but doesn't provide volume or any length. I accidentally picked it up in brown but figured that it would still be fine. It isn't the best for the price you have to pay. I would not buy again.

on 12/31/2008 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Smudges like crazy on my oily lids. Doesn't hold curl nor length very well even after I've crimped my lashes. Very disappointing product, even more so sinceTBS products are pretty pricey from where I'm from.

on 3/19/2008 4:39:00 PM

EDIT 2 - it dried a bit after a few weeks and after that it was fine. If you end up with this problem I guess let it sit open a couple of hours.
3 is my final verdict... though want to give more because I really hate animal testing and haven't found a replacement for this.

EDIT - I got a new one of these and after a few weeks of getting brown-ish shadows under my eyes, I'm not happy with it. Maybe I got a bad batch, they didn't used to be this bad... But I'm off searching for a new not animal tested mascara.

First off this mascara is $12 in the U.S., not $24! TBS does tend to be more expensive in Sweden for some reason. I stick with the products I find good from them because they are one of few companies I know tests neither ingredients nor products on animals, and I love their work with Community Trade! I hope L'oreal keeps it up!
This mascara has been a staple for me for years. I haven't used too many others so I can't compare too well - it's a lot better than really cheap drug store brands I've tried, that's it. When it comes to mascara I've found (by sampling in stores, etc) that when you come up to a certain decent quality they all plateau out. It's all in the application and having the self discipline to throw it out every 3-4 months. In that way it's better to buy a decent lower priced one - making it a little easier to throw it out when it starts clumping on you!

(Application tip I love - using a credit card behind the brush when you apply like in this video:

at 05.20 if you don't want to see the whole video - but her eye makeup tutorials are really amazing!)

on 10/26/2007 4:06:00 PM

The brush is very good and the mascara doesn't clump and gives lots of volume as promised. However, it feels wet all the time, like you have something on your eyelashes. This feeling got really irritating and I had to take it off after a while.