The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/6/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Did not give me nice lashes, transferred in a matter of minutes. I used it 3 times, then I had to toss it. I cant walk around looking like a raccoon..

Bought this out of desperation because I had lost my mascara and this is the only one offered in an airport. Considering its supposed to be a volumizing mascara, this didn't do anything except give me wet spidery lashes. Doesn't dry very well, and it smells horrible! I could smell my lashes throughout the day! For $15 its much as a MAC mascara. Thank goodness for their amazing return policy!

on 10/10/2011 8:04:00 PM

Won't buy this again. Sure it's reasonably priced, but it doesn't dry for some reason. So it ends up being very smudgy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this free in a magazine, but I'll happily pay to get it again when I run out. It's not clumpy or over the top at all, so it's great to wear during the day. Even though it's called super volume it's actually not as effective as some other mascaras so if I'm going out at night I wouldn't wear this.

It's not waterproof, so it's easy to get off at the end of the day, but it stays on well when you want it to and doesn't run very much at all, which is always good in a mascara.

My friend gave this to me went she got it free with a magazine-its roughly half the price of the mascaras I usually buy- and for that price its not a too bad product. The brush is unusually thin and long for a volumizing mascara but its nice and moist to apply-with only the slightest bit of smudging-and is easy to layer. However, I don't feel this product lives-up to the 'super volume mascara' (words that always excite me) name and is in fact much more of a low key daytime mascara. Also, this mascara lacks the glam factor. I still much prefer my favourite GA 'Eyes to Kill Excess' mascara both in the packaging and the results of the product. Love The Body Shop, but not this mascara.

I think if you're looking for a volumised day time look, then this mascara is for you. Personally, I was hoping for a more full, sex kitten look I could wear at night. Instead I ended up with a day mascara, but I prefer my day mascara to be lengthening. It doesn't hurt my sensitive eyes and it's easily taken off.

on 3/27/2010 4:23:00 AM

I got a sample version of this product when I purchased a few other things from TBS, & was surprised by how well a freebie could be. But the more I played with it, the more I fell in love with it. Next thing I knew I used the entire thing & was at the store buying the full-sized version. They were sold out of black so on a whim I bought brown. I never thought I'd be into brown mascara at all (to me, the blacker the better,) but the brown was so interesting! It brought more light to my eyes & was just super cute.. I dunno. I could go on, but that's not totally relevant. I also have pretty full lashes, & these could coat them in about one coat. Two coats will make your eyes pop, like you're wearing false eyelashes. Here's the long & the short of it.. Pros: Doesn't smudge, easy removal, lashes aren't stiff, adds GREAT volume, length & thickness. The brush is great also. It's more versatile, unlike lash blast who's brush is just way too bulky & needs a taper so bad! Cons: Sometimes has trouble holding a curl, but I was wearing it in a very humid work place & sweating. (At least it didn't smudge! Also, if you heat up your eyelash curler with a blowdryer that could help.. My eyelashes personally, just have a tendency to fall..) & it clumps a little bit, but if you're savvy with your application & wipe the lumps on the tube before you apply, it's not really a big problem at all. I'm currently working through a Lash Blast tube of mascara, but will probably go back to this mascara afterward because I miss it so!

on 11/30/2009 11:53:00 AM

I tried this on in the store in Cobalt and loved it. It looked like a true royal blue. Within an hour though it's just an unnoticeable navy color that made my lashes stiff. I don't wear eyelash primer and don't really want to have to, so decided this was a no-go. I returned it, and would not recommend it.

Was excited when I first got this product, but when I wore it, I noticed it didn't give me 'super volume' nor did it lengthen very well. It also tends to smude towards the end of the day. The formula is not very good, and I would not recommend buying it at all. It was a huge dissapointment.

I actually love this mascara as much as i love my diorshow mascara. I got a sample size for purchasing their items and i'm very happy with it. I thought this mascara is a waste, but after using it i just can't stop looking into the mirror! I love how this mascara separate each my lashes and this mascara also buildable so i can achieved longer lashes. I also don't need to use any eyelash curler because the brush itself makes my lash curl! Amazing.The only cons that i hate about this mascara is, it easily get smear especially when i'm sweating. Other than that, it just perfect.