The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This product for me was a let down. I did not like the packaging of this product, I think they could have designed it much better. The smell of this mascara also stood out to me when I first tried it, it's disgusting and put me off. I could smell it even when it was applied to my lashes and it had dried. It took a while for it to dry and I ended up with mascara under my eyebrows whilst waiting for it to dry. I didn't find this mascara to be very volumising. I threw this mascara in the rubbish, as I did not enjoy it all. I would not waste your money on this mascara

on 8/24/2013 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My lashes are actually pretty long, so I was content with purchasing this mascara and knowing that it'd be strictly for volume. However, after trying this out, I must say that I don't think it will find its way into my makeup bag again.

Firstly, the formula is terribly wet. Not that I'd like a dry formula (you can hear those scraping against your eyelashes when applying), but I'd also not like to have to wait 9 minutes after applying 2 coats. This depends on your preference as a person, but I didn't enjoy the extra drying time.

Second, the formula's also quite smudgy. It seemed to be prone to sticking everywhere over the eyelid and under-eye area, and it took 3-4 Q-Tips to remove all of the jet-black streaks. I can't imagine using this mascara in the case of a more formal occasion (where eyeshadow, liner and mascara might be used- I use liner and mascara only for everyday), as applying this after shadow and liner would ruin all of your previous work.

Third, I disliked the brush shape immensely. I've never seen anything quite like it, but it allowed for uneven and clumpy application that left me looking like I'd dipped my made-up face in water. The brush itself has a pattern of long bristles and short bristles, which was very inconvenient for my lashes.

Did the formula do what it said? Somewhat. My lashes DID have some volume, but the clumpiness, streakiness, brush shape and drying time made for an unhappy woman with mediocre lashes and $15 less in her pocket.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It's great as a daytime mascara, it lengthens and volumises well however it just isn't what I'm looking for. It smudges easily throughout the day, which is a huge problem. It does volumise but not as much as I would like. If you want a natural mascara get this but if you want something dramatic don't get it. The lengthening properties are fabulous however and separates perfectly with no clumps. However, not the mascara for me unfortunately!

on 7/3/2010 6:03:00 PM

I recieved a free gift when I spent 30 or more at the Body Shop and in it I got a sample of the Divide and Multiply Mascara. It soon ran out so I went to the store and saw they had a volumising mascara, and boy am I glad I bought it!
It is very black, doesn't clump and curls and volumises my lashes brilliantly. Plus they stay like that all day! It looks very natural, not overly heavy and thick like other mascaras.
I would definatly re-purchase this mascara, but then again, 10 is a little expensive for a mascara. I got it for half price because of my Body Shop card.
Hope this review helps everyone!

on 5/4/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

My mama purchased this for me. She has a huge fetish for The Body Shop items and I really like this brand, too. I don't really like this mascara, though. It smudged within the first hour, started to irritate my eyes a little but (but not as much as the waterproof mascara). One thing I'd like to point out about this mascara is the packaging. It's AMAZING. The cap actually makes a clicking noise once you close it to let you know that your tube is fully closed. It's very reassuring and keeps the mascara lasting longer.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am a huge fan of TBS products, and i bought this mascara because a friend recommended it to me. Its not that bad, i've tried worse- but i was a little disappointed as it did not meet the standard i was expecting.
Good Points:
- does lengthen your eyelashes
- gives a natural look
-dries quickly
-lot of product
-nice brush that provided full coverage of each eyelash
-covers the corners and lower lashes well

Bad Points:
-can clump when you put multiple coats
- some lashes do not separate, very well
-too much product comes on the brush, and you have to wipe some off, and can get a bit messy when you try putting it on, and there is too much formula on the brush
- lashes go a bit limp hours after you apply the mascara.
-smudges and rubs off

I would not buy this again, because i feel that there are other, much better mascara's out there; however this is not a bad back up mascara and i still do adore The Body Shop

on 4/21/2009 9:12:00 PM

personally, it gave me too much length and not enough volume

I have really long lashes, so anything that has more lengthening than thickening just makes my eyes look really weird

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nothing special. Does what nearly every drug store mascara does. A little thick but in a good way. I'll continue to use it till I'm out but won't repurchase.

on 9/5/2007 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good mascara if you like more of a natural look. I don't like my lashes looking natural, i like them thick and volumous. I don't wear a lot of makeup so a thickening and voluming mascara is a must. This is a decent mascara. However, i only had this mascara for a month, and it smells really weird. When i first bought it smelt weird, but i didn't think much of it. I don't think i can use it anymore because of the smell. It's sickening. At the end of the day, my eyes start to feel dry and irritated. It's not too easy to wash off with soap either A HUGE plus is that they don't test on animals and has some natural/conditioning ingredients which is very good. The price is decent too. but i won't repurchase.