MAC Lip Varnish in Softease

No Image

on 3/14/2011 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Fabulous color. This is discontinued so I found it on Ebay after reading the reviews here. I was not disappointed and am now looking for other Ebay sellers. If you like Mac Siss lipstick or Honeyflower you will like this. It looks like a shiny Siss or even Jubilee but it has no peach in it; just creamy beige/brown with the slightest hint of pink. It is a creamy lipstick formula with shine and no sparkles. Excellent neutral. Why does Mac discontinue the greats?

on 1/5/2007 12:30:00 AM

LOVE IT! for sure a keeper a staple item in my makeup collection. I am glad MAC is continuing there Lip Varnish line. It is great!... this colour is the the perfect "nude" shade I was search for. Great pigment coverage and gloss. It is not sticky perfect lip gloss. I use it alone and I am amazed my the results. enjoy! I'll be looking for a new shade to add to my collection.

This is one of MAC's new collections. Lip varnish is smooth and creamy,has more pigment than the MAC lip glasses and has a longer staying power. Softease is kind of like the lip glass Mad Cap, but without the shimmer. When I saw the color block on the MAC's website, I thought it was going to look more like Chai, but it has more pink in it than gray. One of the other reviews said that they didn't notice the pink pearl it in. I didn't notice it either until I was looking at it on my lips in my mirror in the car and the sun was shinning on my lips. There is a pink pearl shimmer, but it isn't obnixious, you can only see it when light is shining on your lips. Softease reminds me of chocolate pudding. I guess because of the color, texture and smell of it. Right now this is going to be my HG lippy. I like MAC's lip varnish so much, I am trying to find another color that would look good on me.

on 9/30/2006 9:09:00 PM

Softease is the 2nd lipgloss color I purchased from MAC's new Lip Varnish collection. The color is described as a cool tan with soft pink pearl. I think this description is pretty accurate, except I do not see any pink pearl at all. When applied, it looks like a smooth, medium shade of caramel on my lips. I love that this has no shimmer or glitter in it at all. It makes for a great everyday l/g and perfect for fall and winter. The consistency of lip varnish is wonderful...creamy and shiny, but not sticky, with nice pigment. Oh and the scent is like a faint, vanilla hazelnut. Yummy! :)~