Awake Side Long Lash

Awake Side Long Lash

3.8

on 11/27/2008 9:48:00 AM

Very, very good mascara. Received in last year's holiday box. This was called All Directional Mascara and renamed Side Long Lash. The formula is not thick and caky. It holds a curl, and adds some length and volume. Most importantly, it defines my lashes with a nice, glossy black color. For reference, it adds more oomph and is glossier than Lancome's Definicils. However, unlike Lancome, my lashes remain soft and pliable--not spiky. The fuzzy tip is indeed nice for getting the smaller side lashes. The wand is thin, but the bristles are nicely packed. The formula did not flake or smudge on me, and is great for sensitive eyes. It's definitely water-resistant--a bit less difficult to remove than Shiseido's mascaras. Although I'm not a daily mascara wearer, I have tried plenty, and this is my current favorite.

on 7/19/2008 10:44:00 AM

The brush on this mascara is very unique. It is curved and there is a fuzzy brush/sponge thing on the tip. The fuzzy tip is really great for getting inner and outer corner lashes creating a really nicely fanned out look. Unfortunately on the regular bristled part, the coils of bristles are spaced too far apart and this leads to clumping lashes together, so combing afterwards is a must for me. It has little fibers in it an the black color is very black and glossy. It is a very good lengthening mascara, no volume though, so it is good for daytime. It is water resistant, but not waterproof. It took a little more effort to get off than other mascaras, soaking it with and oily makeup remover then wiping it off worked though. The fibers in the mascara stay on when you are wearing it, but during application a couple fell off the brush and into my eye. Overall a really good daytime mascara.

on 7/4/2007 2:07:00 AM

This is the only mascara that lengthens,didnt smudge on me and made my lashes look soft & full.
The only downside is its really hard to remove..
I have purchased 3 mascaras last month (diorshow,ysl faux effet cils,maybelline unstoppable)
yes they look dramatic but i find them so hard to apply,very clumpy,and made my lashes look stiff like spider legs!

on 4/18/2007 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really really liked this mascara, the jet black color and the way it builds each lash into uniform soft glossy spikes. Unfortunately it did smudge on me for which I took off 1 lippie..

the brush is curved & the tip is fuzzy, which is really annoying, and i think it's the reason why you're lucky if you get any kinda volume. it also clumps my lashes into little groups. i used a brush from a different mascara to apply it & it looked a lot better, but still absolutely no volume at all.

on 9/28/2006 11:52:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This was my favorite fiber mascara ever. It was discontinued, and at least in the USA, Awake no longer exists as a brand.

I currently use Imju Fiberwig, which is the next bext thing to this. If you are looking for a replacement, try Fiberwig.