4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

It's criminal that this has been discontinued. I have only just discovered this pencil and it is the exact same shade as my lips, it looks so natural yet so defined on me - the perfect blend of mauve rose and brown I have never found anything like it. I have also purchased the suggested replacement in their new line in the shade 'Hazel' it's just as good but a tad browner this one is a bit pinker and works better as an alrounder (can work with plums and reds better than Hazel does) but they are both amazing pencils - Shiseido makes the best lipliners by far.

About reviewer (500 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I have had this lipliner for years and I always go back to it. I haven't found another lipliner yet that is the exact color of my lips. This defines my lips without getting the obvious line and matches just about every lipstick I own. Definately YLBB and I would purchase again but sadly enough it's been discontinued and replaced by a new line op lip pencils. I still have a fair bit so I am still good for now, but I'll be sad once it's gone!

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

11 years ago

This is almost the exact shade as my lips, just a smidgen deeper. I can wear it on it's own to define my lips a little. I really like the colour on me. Texutre is good, a teeny bit on the dry side. However, it doesn't have any staying power on me, so I have to reapply very often. Another downside is the lack of a lip brush on the other end.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

this has been my favorite lip liner for EVER. could not live without it!!! UPDATE: this had been d/c so im on to whirl now.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

from

12 years ago

I have been using this as my staple MLBB liner for 7 years! Have thrown out all my other high and low end liners: Chanel,Jane Iredale,MAC,Wet´n´Wild-you name them!:O Love that it´s not automatic,but the old fashioned "needs to be sharpened"-style...it´s so pigmented I rarely have to sharpen it. (I´m a PPP with dark brown hair and brown/green eyes.)

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlack

13 years ago

I am starting to loose my upper lip! It keeps shirinking and shirinkin and I dont want to get old yet! This is the remedy for it because this is the exact color of my natural lip line! CAn you hear ExACT! I havent yet come across anything quite a like this color and concistency. I have had my affair with Shiseido and by the end of it there was not many products that I liked. I keep using this lip liner, their eye pencils and brow gel. By the way. I am PPP cool tones, dark hair, blue eyes. EDIT: I still find Diors lip liners better to draw with.

About reviewer (409 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

13 years ago

This is a dead-on "YLBB" mauved-brown lip liner! Nothing orange or yellow about it and not too colorful or pink. It's lip liner perfection! When applied and blended in, it looks nice, healthy and subtle; just what I want and nothing more. The smoothness is moderate. It doesn't clump or get sticky when applied, and it smooths on easier over a light dab of lip primer or balm. I wear this mainly with my YLBB shades and soft mauved-roses. For deeper colors I use my trusty YSL #8, which is a subtle brown-based red.

About reviewer (355 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

13 years ago

Bought it based on the reviews on MUA and because I can`t resist talks about new perfect YLBB NUDE lipliner. So far I like it. Many other so-called nude pencils were frankly yellowish-beige on me. Sometimes that goes on OK, but sometimes it`s annoying cause it is against the true lip colour. This is my experience in nude liners (in comparison with Shiseido one): Clarins Nude - is nice, creamy (more creamy), yellowish - beige (absolutely no tink of pink!) Other "yellowish-beige shades" I have tried in hope to find smthing nude - Revlon Spice, Beyu 522, Body Shop Beach. Rimmel Addiction 018 - very close match (the tone), not yellowish!!!! just a bit lighter than Shiseido and the staying power is worse. Still I like Rimmel because it`s cheap. And don`t like it cause it`s automatic. Mary Kay Neutral - less pinky, more brownish. The same degree of colour intensity. But again - don`t like it`s automatic and the quality is worse. Isa Dora Nude (it`s the name, like Chanel:) - the colour is pinkish-greyish, but on me it turns more greish and of rather unpleasant shade. Chanel Nude - don`t own it, have tried it in a shop. Can`t understand WHO EVER can call this bronze-brown colour "Nude"?? Was it a joke? So, to total it down: Up to the moment Shiseido is really a staple. The only grudge is the price. Which is steep. For the rest - I recommend it and would buy again IF won`t find smthing even more ideal. For those who think it`s still too expensive - Rimmel is a very good option.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlond

14 years ago

I get alot of use from this liner. It goes with lots of things very pretty. I like to wear it with clinique black honey almost lipstick. FYI I'm PPP red hair, brown eyes, and freckles.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairRed

from

15 years ago

This is a must have liner. This liner almost match every single lipstick and lipgloss that I have.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinNormal