SHISEIDO The Makeup Lip Liner Pencil Mauve Brown #5

SHISEIDO The Makeup Lip Liner Pencil Mauve Brown #5

4.7

on 7/22/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It's criminal that this has been discontinued. I have only just discovered this pencil and it is the exact same shade as my lips, it looks so natural yet so defined on me - the perfect blend of mauve rose and brown I have never found anything like it. I have also purchased the suggested replacement in their new line in the shade 'Hazel' it's just as good but a tad browner this one is a bit pinker and works better as an alrounder (can work with plums and reds better than Hazel does) but they are both amazing pencils - Shiseido makes the best lipliners by far.

on 8/2/2010 8:17:00 AM

I have had this lipliner for years and I always go back to it. I haven't found another lipliner yet that is the exact color of my lips. This defines my lips without getting the obvious line and matches just about every lipstick I own.
Definately YLBB and I would purchase again but sadly enough it's been discontinued and replaced by a new line op lip pencils. I still have a fair bit so I am still good for now, but I'll be sad once it's gone!

on 12/31/2008 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is almost the exact shade as my lips, just a smidgen deeper. I can wear it on it's own to define my lips a little. I really like the colour on me. Texutre is good, a teeny bit on the dry side. However, it doesn't have any staying power on me, so I have to reapply very often. Another downside is the lack of a lip brush on the other end.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

this has been my favorite lip liner for EVER. could not live without it!!! UPDATE: this had been d/c so im on to whirl now.

on 4/29/2008 11:01:00 PM

I have been using this as my staple MLBB liner for 7 years!

Have thrown out all my other high and low end liners:
Chanel,Jane Iredale,MAC,WetnWild-you name them!:O

Love that its not automatic,but the old fashioned "needs to be sharpened"-style...its so pigmented I rarely have to sharpen it.
(Im a PPP with dark brown hair and brown/green eyes.)

on 1/24/2007 5:40:00 PM

I am starting to loose my upper lip! It keeps shirinking and shirinkin and I dont want to get old yet! This is the remedy for it because this is the exact color of my natural lip line! CAn you hear ExACT! I havent yet come across anything quite a like this color and concistency. I have had my affair with Shiseido and by the end of it there was not many products that I liked. I keep using this lip liner, their eye pencils and brow gel. By the way. I am PPP cool tones, dark hair, blue eyes. EDIT: I still find Diors lip liners better to draw with.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a dead-on "YLBB" mauved-brown lip liner! Nothing orange or yellow about it and not too colorful or pink. It's lip liner perfection! When applied and blended in, it looks nice, healthy and subtle; just what I want and nothing more. The smoothness is moderate. It doesn't clump or get sticky when applied, and it smooths on easier over a light dab of lip primer or balm. I wear this mainly with my YLBB shades and soft mauved-roses. For deeper colors I use my trusty YSL #8, which is a subtle brown-based red.

Bought it based on the reviews on MUA and because I can`t resist talks about new perfect YLBB NUDE lipliner. So far I like it. Many other so-called nude pencils were frankly yellowish-beige on me. Sometimes that goes on OK, but sometimes it`s annoying cause it is against the true lip colour.
This is my experience in nude liners (in comparison with Shiseido one):

Clarins Nude - is nice, creamy (more creamy), yellowish - beige (absolutely no tink of pink!)

Other "yellowish-beige shades" I have tried in hope to find smthing nude - Revlon Spice, Beyu 522, Body Shop Beach.

Rimmel Addiction 018 - very close match (the tone), not yellowish!!!! just a bit lighter than Shiseido and the staying power is worse. Still I like Rimmel because it`s cheap. And don`t like it cause it`s automatic.

Mary Kay Neutral - less pinky, more brownish. The same degree of colour intensity. But again - don`t like it`s automatic and the quality is worse.

Isa Dora Nude (it`s the name, like Chanel:) - the colour is pinkish-greyish, but on me it turns more greish and of rather unpleasant shade.

Chanel Nude - don`t own it, have tried it in a shop. Can`t understand WHO EVER can call this bronze-brown colour "Nude"?? Was it a joke?

So, to total it down: Up to the moment Shiseido is really a staple. The only grudge is the price. Which is steep. For the rest - I recommend it and would buy again IF won`t find smthing even more ideal.

For those who think it`s still too expensive - Rimmel is a very good option.

on 3/2/2006 1:58:00 PM

I get alot of use from this liner. It goes with lots of things very pretty. I like to wear it with clinique black honey almost lipstick. FYI I'm PPP red hair, brown eyes, and freckles.

on 7/1/2005 7:44:00 PM

This is a must have liner. This liner almost match every single lipstick and lipgloss that I have.