Arbonne Intelligence Face - Entire Line

No Image

3.1

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The entire line is targeted toward combination skin and says that it will adapt to the dry and oily parts of your skin. This line (not to mention the entire Arbonne line) is a joke. No product can actually do that and all of the Intelligence products are full of skin irritants on top of the fact that they made my skin more oily than ever before. I immediately returned for a refund along with my consultant kit that they trick you into to get a discount. The products aren't even worth it with the 35% discount. The whole thing is basically a pyramid scheme trying to convince people that their "natural" products are so much better than any other products. They tell lies about other skincare and cosmetic companies to make themselves look better. Just because the ingredients are natural does not mean they are good for your skin. Would you rub dirt from the ground on your face because its natural? Don't blow your money like I almost did, luckily I learned early on how bad their products really are I was only out the shipping cost.

on 2/9/2008 8:27:00 PM

Hefty price for the five step line, but overall some good products; a couple of mediocre ones but none that really did my skin any harm. I have to say, the daily balancer is absoultely my HG toner. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! It smells amazing and leaves my skin calm and dewy. I use it to remove my makeup, or when I don't want to constantly be drying my skin. I was at first hesistant about the spray bottle, but I find that it's neat/hygenic and get just the right amount out. I'm very young (in college), so I don't find the eye cream to be terribly essential. I do have genetic dark circles under my eyes, but just a simple eye cream won't fix that. I do have combination skin, and the area around my eyes tends to get a bit dry, so I guess it works well for that. The cleanser is blah. Too runnny and messy. Also, it just reminds me of liquid hand soap. I'd comapre it to Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser. The moisturizer is some HEAVY DUTY stuff. I would imagine it to be amazing if you lived in sayyyy.... Chicago, but not in Texas as I do. The mask is perfect! Very nice, cleans pores, though it is not exactly something you want to use every day, or every week at that. Overall a fair product line. Very expensive, but it does have its strong points. Oh, and btw, if you put the extra skin conditioning oil on either right before you go to sleep, or right before you take a hot shower, it leaves your skin amazingly dewy!!! Absolutely love it, just wish I had more!

on 11/26/2007 11:29:00 PM

I ended up throwing it in the garbage before I used 1/4 of it. Smell's bad and doesn't do a thing for my skin except clog my pores and cause zits. The cooling sensation it gives is a telltale sign that this is not for sensitive skin and drying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Actually, I am not sure about this product yet. I am really unhappy with the fact that they do not have a facial sunscreen in the 5 steps. I like the scent of the products, and the packaging (note: for the cleanser it is hard sometimes to get a very small amount out of the container, and you only need a "pea" sized amount). I guess my skin is normalized. I have definate combination skin, am 31 years old, am prone to dryness in winter, oil/acne in summer, and stress caused pimples. After using 4 steps out of 5 (I have not opened the scrub/mask due to warnings in the description regarding sensitive/acne prone skin) for the past 7 days, my skin has been normalized but just ok. No new major breakouts (I still get tiny pimples on my forehead but the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask and Neutrogena benzoyl peroxide take care of them overnight), but at times my skin still feels slightly tight and dry around the mouth area. And the face cream is very thick, although I do like that it does brighten your skin and not look greasy at all. So, I guess I am ok with the products but am having a difficult time justifying the price becuase it has made my skin just ok. I kind of like it a lot, kind of dont. Definately dont like the whole sales thing (never liked any thing like Tupperware or Mary Kay marketing). By the way, you can get the kits MUCH cheaper on ebay. The 5 piece Intelligence line runs $150 , but on EBAy you can find the entire kit for a "buy it now" price of around $60.

on 2/25/2007 9:45:00 PM

I'm a little annoyed that a lot of these Arbonne product reviews sound like they were written by consultants trying to sell their products... However, I must say I do like the Intelligence face line. I've always had fairly good skin with the occasional zit or dry spot, but I've been using this line for about 6 months now and I am pretty impressed. It IS expensive, but you can buy the whole line for a discount. But then they trap you with the poor packaging... it seems you are always running out of something before something else, so you begin replacing parts of the set before you get a chance to re-order everything again for the discounted price. I agree with what other users are saying about the cleanser - the packaging is awful and you run out of this long before you run out of the mask, toner & lotion. However... despite all my complaints, I will continue using this product for it's pore clearing effects and smoothing qualities... until something else come along...

on 12/16/2006 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have oily to normal skin.
The cleanser is poorly designed with a flip top, that promotes globs coming out. It is not good for oily skin, but great for dehydrated or dry skin, or normal skin. I found it too moisturinzing and not cleansing enough. It's not a soap, its more milky in nature and extremely hydrating. It's great if you are peeling in winter for me, but clogs my poors any other time.
The toner - great, mild toner. Very balancing.
The exfoliating scrub- a little to abrasive for oily, acne prone skin. I could never use a apricot like scrub or walnut shells on my skin, only microparticles or chemical exfoliant (not manual). It does heat up occasionally. I prefer to use this on my decollete or on the body. It's a great body exfolliator. Thumbs down on the face.
The lotion - great deal, you get tons of product. And this is true of the entire intelligence line. Great in small amounts, and wonderful product.
Eye cream - nice and light. Great for all skin types.

Overall - the self-adjusting is extremely hydrating and amazing if you have any dryness at all.
NOT recommended for oily skin.
Amazing product if you want something that won't strip and will hydrate without being oily. It's a really profound plumping skin hydration. Must try to see.
I'd use the cleanser as a body wash, as the exfoliator.
The moisturizer is great, eye cream - both appropriate for the face.
Packaging needs pump bottles not flip tops, but overall a good clean product, with minimal nasty chemicals. Some would say righteous compared to the ingredient labels of most products at the CVS!

on 9/28/2006 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked Arbonne's RE9 line...I love the Intelligence line! I was reluctant to try this line, as it includes a Thermal Fusion Exfoliating Masque and I had a problem with the first Thermal Fusion Masque. After a terrible experience with Bobby Brown skin care (I’ll save that for another review), I decided to give it a shot. I have to say I really like the way it works. The system includes a Daily Cleanser, Thermal Fusion Exfoliating Masque, Daily Balancer (toner), Daily Moisturizing Cream, Daily Eye Cream…and as a free gift…Skin Conditioning Oil. This is how I use the system: PM: Cleanse, Exfoliate (every other night I apply the Thermal Fusion, activate w/ water and leave on for five minutes, remove with a white washcloth and rinse with cool water), Tone, Warm a couple of drops of Skin Conditioning Oil in my hands and pat on, Eye Cream (I still prefer my La Mer), Moisturize (apply a dime-size to face and neck). In the morning my skin is soft and smooth…I love it! AM: Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize, Makeup…not too oily…not too dry… I like this routine because it works and doesn’t consume a lot of my time…and I haven’t experienced a break out…BIG BONUS!

Popular Face Skincare Products