Aura Cacia Grapeseed Oil

4.3

Grape Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm a little late to the party but here's what I'm using grapeseed oil for: I've just started a new Curology formula: Retin-A + Vitamin C + Niacinimides. After a few days I'm irritated so am taking a break and put this on for calming effect which was instantaneous. This oil came in an ugly bottle, so I decanted into an old artisanal olive oil bottle I had and was able to give it 5 stars for packaging -- lol!

After reading about the entire Oil Cleansing Method deal, I decided to try it. I was going through menopause and having terrible problems with my skin. Rosacea, cystic acne, unexpected dry areas, blackheads, you name it, I probably had it!

I bought Aura Cacia grapeseed oil on sale at the local natural foods co-op and began the OCM that night. For six months I faithfully followed the protocol. All that happened was that my skin got progressively worse! I tried adding castor oil in judicious amounts as recommended, but to no avail. My skin looked worse than it had ever done in my entire life. I had to visit a dermatologist and use prescription products to get my skin calmed down again.

Sorry to say that this product and the much loved OCM didn't work for my complexion. YMMV.

The last three weeks have had extreme cold winter temps and record breakers here in Toronto. I have been miserable and in need of even more moisture but was concerned about my clear complexion breaking out.

I have been using Rosehip Seed oil for about a month with success but was nervous about using MORE oil to MORE of my face as a barrier against the harsh winter weather.

I'm lucky to get samples of oils from a health food store of oils so I started reading/researching and seeing what was out there that could potentially work for me.

Enter Grapeseed oil.
This is a lightweight oil, with very little smell and great absorption.
I have used this for about 5 days in some of the most grueling weather conditions I have ever experienced and it has held up VERY well. My skin has not broken out - thank goodness! There is a tiny amount of flaking on both sides of my chin but I think I missed those spots when I applied in the morn because I don't suffer from dry skin ever.

Once I get out of the shower, I put a tiny squirt into my palm and then pat all over my DAMP face. My face just glows within a few minutes and looks plumped and refreshed. It's a really beautiful effect! Have not bothered with foundation or makeup. I just love the natural dewy look.

As a side note, I also put it on my neck to moisturize. My hair is past my shoulders and when I blow dry it, strands blow against my neck and get moisturized. As a result, my hair has been EXTRA soft! What a great bonus.

For those wondering about the amount dispensed... very easy fix.
Don't remove the tin liner under the cap. Just puncture a SMALL hole in the center with a knife point or scissor point. Then it comes out in smaller, controlled amounts. The other alternate fix would to be put into a pump bottle or a spray bottle.

Aura Cacia is an excellent brand.
I know NOW brand gets a lot of good reviews and am confused as I highly doubt the integrity for their brand... I read something about NOW and Hexane use. Anyways, I would rather pay a little more for Aura Cacia as I trust them.

This bottle will last me a good long time.
You just need the tiniest amount.
Would like to put in a spray bottle and apply to my arms and legs out of the shower to damp skin.

Keeper!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

i picked up this oil after i ran out of my beloved rosehip oil. rosehip oil converted me and made me firm believer in using facial oils over chemically laden moisturizers. however within the first two days of using this as i would normally, my skin began to feel tight, dry, and super oily! totally opposite effects rosehip had on my skin!!! then came the acne....omg....i had major clogged pores whiteheads and then some evil cystic ones. i was in utter disbelief. even fell into a slight depression over the agony my skin was in. so i quit grapeseed and went back to my old routine with rosehip. unfortunately that never gave me the same results as it initially had. nothing was helping with the major breakout i had incurred. ever since then I havent been able to get my skin to return to the clear, soft, supple, glowy look it had prior to grapeseed. this oil ruined my skin and i now stay away from oils period.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A great carrier oil or massage oil - suitable for blending with other oils and essential oils. the only problem? I can get great quality grapeseed oil cheaper at local organic food stores. Meanwhile, the packaging is nice and there is nothing wrong with this - just a bit pricey.

I am reviewing this oil as a moisturizer. This is a great moisturizer, my t-zone tends to get a bit oily towards the end of the workday, I tried this oil on Monday and no oily face. Bad me didn't wash my face before going to bed and when I woke up the next morning, still no oily face, which I get those times I use regular moisturizer and forget to wash my face before bed. This oil goes on smooth, I pat it on my face instead of rubbing it in, the only thing is the bottle, if you squeeze it you may get more than you want on your fingers, I'm looking for a dropper bottle to put mine into.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i'm reviewing it as the body oil.

easy to spread, easy to absorb, easy to massage in, very good oil, no smell, amazing really, if you want it thicker, just add avocado oil with it, or essential oil if you want it to smell. loving it. just bought their large bottle size.

i am sure you could use it as facial oil as well or cleanser as it is so good and light. but i have not tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this oil after waxing to get rid of wax stuck to my skin. It makes it very easy to rub the wax residue off. I do have to wash the oil off afterwards. The oil feels thick and sticky.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been alternating Grape Seed and Almond oils as my overall skin and hair moisturizers for several years now. Inexpensive and effective.

LOVE this. Jojoba was my initiation in the world of oils, but, after reading how this was a decent alternative for oily/acne prone skin, I bought a bottle and am fully converted.

It's thinner than jojoba, but still fully blendable, and does not shine through makeup. Has not caused any breakouts in the few weeks since I switched.

I concur on the packaging being annoying, so I transferred into a little plastic cosmetic bottle from the Container Store that lets you squeeze out one drop at a time.