Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion [DISCONTINUED]
Mild Clarifying Lotion [DISCONTINUED]Clinique - Mild Clarifying Lotion

4.1

Water/Aqua/Eau; Butylene Glycol; Biosaccharide Gum-1; Cyclodextrin; Salicylic Acid; Panicum Miliaceum (Millet Plant) Glyco-Protein Extract; Aloe Barbadensis Powder; Arginine; PEG-10 Soy Sterol; Ceteth-20-Dimethicone-Ceteth-2; BIS-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane; Cetyl Alcohol; Phenoxyethanol; Green 5 (CI 61570); Yello 10 (CI 47005)
This product has been replaced by Clarifying Lotion 1.0 Twice a Day Exfoliator, which may be reviewed here: https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=189463
Clinique reviews, photos and discussion

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

BRING BACK THE OLD FORMULA! The original formula brought this toner to cult status, if it isn't broke don't fix it. The original changed my skin for the better. Nobody likes the new formula just being back the old one already I'm so bored. Nobody talks about the new formula because it's absolute pants.

on 1/6/2017 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This was the first toner I ever bought, in fact, I used up two bottles, but now I have already found my HG toner from Paula's Choice.

This toner isn't bad, but it did not wow me in any way. As someone who is acne & blemish-prone, and struggling with blackheads and pores, I wanted a product with salicylic acid to prevent imperfections and yet be gentle. But even after 2 bottles, I am not impressed. I did not see a visible difference on my skin, at least not as quick as with PC's 2% BHA exfoliator. I just enjoyed that this Clinique toner was alcohol-free.

It is already discontinued, but I feel that it just wasn't a product for me, it was a product for someone with nearly perfect skin who just wants a little help to fight an occasional or rare pimple.

on 12/16/2016 3:30:00 PM

I was told by someone I know who works the Clinique counter that this was discontinued because there was wax in it. I personally really liked it. It went on feeling very silky and kept my skin fresh and moisturized.
They replaced it with something they call Clarifying Lotion 1.0. It's alcohol free, but this one contains Witch Hazel.
All I can say is that this dries out my skin so badly, and makes it look ruddy. Alcohol free or not, I liked the old version much better.
I will not be repurchasing.

Leaves my skin clear and radiant. Doesn't irritate or break me out

on 12/16/2016 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Out of all the face lotions I've ever used this is the only one that actually makes a difference. It's odorless, slightly pearly - that doesn't show up on the face though - doesn't contain alcohol and never irritated my skin. I use it once a day and I can immediately see my skin refreshed and more refined.
I don't love the packaging so I have decanted in a pump bottle. I put a little on my palm and use it as an essence to avoid wasting any product. Love love love it!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this acid toner - and have been using it every morning for the past three months. It is mild enough not to cause me any irritation, yet strong enough to help keep my pores clear. I like that this is fragrance free and the first few ingredients are all beneficial for the skin - I'm sad that Clinique have decided to discontinue an awesome product and replace it with something more likely to irritate. I'm going to stock up whilst I still can!

on 5/28/2016 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This has been a staple in my cabinet for many years, well before I became aqquinted with the therm "acid "toning".

At 0,5% of salicylic acid a ph that allows exfoliation, this lives up to its name mild.

A thing worth to note is that Salicylic acid can be great for several skin conditions at different while at different strengths. At lower concentration it mildly exfoliates but it can also calm the skin. Aspirin is a form of salicylic which is a form of anti- inflammatory. I use it as a mild toner, that soothes and calms my skin with the addition of som exfoliating properties. Acne prone skin might may to seek more potent treatment.

on 6/1/2016 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this product for 7 months now, about to purchase my 3rd bottle. I love it. It is perfect for my extremely sensitive skin, it brightens and helps reduce redness. Since I was able to tolerate this, I got the nerve to try a stronger BHA ( I thought I was allergic to BHAs). I use both the Clinique lotion and a BHA from clearasil and my skin looks great. Definitely worth a try for anyone who hasn't been able to tolerate stronger exfoliants and for those with very sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Finally a mild acid toner that can tolerate to my sensitive skin. I bought this after hearing about it from Caroline Hirons - currently on second bottle. I always make sure that I restock this once I opened the new bottle - I ordered mine online. I don't want to run it out. It's not available in Malaysia, so I have to order it online - Checked with Clinique Malaysia, said they did not carry this in Malaysia market. Unbelievable! What a great loss they did not sell such a great product here. I am a loyal user of Clinique 3-Step Skin Care System. Been using their DDMG for years now. But over the time, my skin just hate their Clarifying Lotion 3 and the cleanser (even the mild one). It's too harsh and stripping my skin, cause it to produce more oil than ever. So I stopped using the Clarifying Lotion 3 and switched to this. For the cleanser, I switched to Alpha-H Triple Action Cleanser. My skin is super happy now. I think I can't live without these 3. It's been in my routine for more than 6 months now and my skin is getting healthier and just glow! Took 1 lippie due to the availability in local market, as well as the price point especially when I have to get it from oversea + shipping cost.

on 6/21/2016 11:24:00 AM

I do like this toner and it's the only product in their three step regimen that merits a three from me.
It's a witch hazel based toner and I had to buy this one since the next one for the level that the associate said I was just was still too harsh (Anything after the mild is all alcohol based. The higher the level you are,the more caustic it gets which is contradictory in balancing combination or oily skins.)
Other than the mild toner, Clinique should really rethink their ingredients in the three step program for all types.