4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

I've always been a Burt's Bees girl, but after finding this website (and after our ridiculous winter weather here in Maryland has taken a toll on my lips), I decided to give Carmex a try since my beloved Burt's Bees just wasn't cutting it in this weather...so, I bought a bunch of different options (regular/mint/strawberry/cherry click sticks...in addition to tubes of cherry and strawberry...I figured, why not try them all out, so I could accurately compare! haha). The Cherry click stick was by far my favorite scent/flavor...I really wasn't a fan of the products in the tubes - it wasn't nearly as thick, and didn't seem like it coated my lips like this click-stick did. Before this, I had started using Burt's Bees with Pomegranate Oil, and that seemed to be irritating my lips (odd, since the regular Burt's Bees never has)....my lips were red, dry, scaly, and had little itchy bumps forming all over them...a classic reaction I've had to other lip products in the past (namely, Chapstick brand lip balm...can't go near the stuff!). Anyway, I started using the Cherry Carmex last night, and in less than 24 hours, my lips have COMPLETELY healed, and the bumps are entirely gone...I've never had that happen before - once the itchy bumps start, they're typically there for at least a few days, even if I stop using the product causing the reaction...after this little test, I'm a believer in Carmex, and will be stocking up! Plus, it has SPF, which Burt's Bees does not...it's a winner in my book!

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Coarse

EyesGreen

3.0
from

10 years ago

IMO, the Cherry click-stick is better than the strawberry one. Smells better and does a decent job of moisturizing. However, if I keep the stick in my pocket for too long, it has a tendency of melting. Therefore, I prefer the tube more.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

10 years ago

This is hands down the best, most effective lip balm I've ever used. Yes, it has a slightly medicinal smell (even though it's cherry-flavored) but it's nothing offensive – at least I don't think so. And the important thing is that it works. And it's cheap (less then $2). I have like 3 tubes of this in various places, that's how invaluable a product it is. Highly recommend!!!

About reviewer (168 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2.0

10 years ago

I bought this because I heard great things about Carmex lip treatments. First of all, I don't care for the smell, although it is tolerable. It does tingle but I don't mind this sensation. However, I don't feel this has lived up to the hype. I've been using lipsmackers and they moisturize just as well but without the weird scent.

About reviewer (300 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

EyesBlack

11 years ago

Hands down best use for this product: pre snog-fest lip sensitizer. No joke. My lips are very sensitive and Carmex burns like Hades, however after the initial burn dissipates, it just leaves my lips and the surrounding skin crazy-making sensitive. Apply 15-20 minutes before you know you're going to be . . . ahem . . . close, then add the lips of another person et voila: epic makeout session in a tube. As a bonus, it does soften pretty well, so you're lips are sensitive *and* pleasant. In terms of pedestrian lip balm, I'm not wild about it. In this specific application, however, it is indispensable. :)

About reviewer (262 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

11 years ago

This is the best lipbalm to wear *over* lips filled in with lipliner only. It imparts a natural look with no glossy shine. I wear this balm over NYC l/l in 954A, and it's not only the perfect MLBB but it keeps the liner from drying out. I have two so that I can keep one in my makeup stash and one in my purse at all times! I have not, however, used it on its own, so I can't comment on how well it works as a balm over naked lips.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0
from

11 years ago

I put this on my lips and had to throw it out. It felt so waxy and dry on my lips I couldn't stand it!!

About reviewer (323 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

11 years ago

HG! I'm currently taking accutane so my lips get ridiculously dry and flaky, so I HAVE to have a really good moisturizing lip balm. In the past I had used Burt's Bees, which before I started taking accutane it worked great; however, now it just doesn't cut it. I initially tried this because I hate the smell and taste of the original carmex, and I LOVE the cherry.. I think it smells and tastes so good! I use this all the time- morning/night/as a lip primer/ and in between lipstick applications. I have used up a whole tube in 3 weeks!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

11 years ago

HG ! use it day/night ..keeps my lips soft during the dry winter months. Have one for my purse & one for my MU bag <3

About reviewer (11 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I love this!! My HG I use it every day, under my gloss or lipstick. I love the cherry one, it has no flavor which I love, otherwise I will lick my lips until it's all gone. I love that it tingles at first, and moisturizes all day. Anyhow I will repurchase this again and again. Recommend to everyone.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age30-35