New York Color Loose Face Powder - Translucent

New York Color Loose Face Powder - Translucent

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Silicate, Kaolin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Boron Nitride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Isopropyl Palmitate, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)].

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

The pros of this product are:
-Cheap price
-Very finely milled
-Great finish
-Adds extra coverage/blurs imperfections

The cons:
-Palest shade leans cool toned (I'm warm) and a tad bit too dark
-Only stays matte on me for about 4 hours
-Without fail, breaks me out every time.

The finish is so pretty that if this didn't break me out, I'd find a way to make it work for me. Unfortunately though something in this breaks me out big time, which I assume is the cornstarch. I am apparently a GIANT MORON because I've purchased it several times over the years hoping my skin won't freak out. Sigh. I won't be repurchasing again.

on 4/22/2017 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE THIS POWDER! Never cakey and matches my fair skin beautifully. Wish the packaging was better but so good!!!!

on 7/10/2014 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As someone with very fair skin, I feel as though I've tried every ds powder there is in a constant attempt to find one that doesn't turn a funky color on my skin, turn me into an oil slick or break me out or make my redness worse. I've found a few that I like, but this is probably my favorite.

The translucent is just lovely; it sets my foundation beautifully without making me look cakey. It's probably the closest I'll ever get to a nice airbrushed finish. There is no weirdly perfumed smell. I also find that I don't need to over apply to achieve a shine-free finish. That's probably part of the reason it's lasted me these many months. I believe I've had this container for five months, and I'm on the way to Target now for another.

All in all, I think I would call this my HG at the moment. Application can be a little messy, that's the only downside. But really, I'm purchasing a loose powder...it's going to be a little- you know- loose.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you're looking for a loose translucent powder, it really doesn't get much better than this. I mean it's nothing magical, and it's probably just as good as any other translucent powder out there but DAMN is it ever cheap. The stuff comes in a huge container that lasts forever, and it was like under $5 cnd I'm pretty sure. The container itself does suck though, it's not a twist on cap or anything so it's definitely susceptible to coming apart in your bag, so I just transfer some of the powder into a smaller loose powder container that I already had and I just keep the big container at home in a drawer. I will buy this again and again and again

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this on accident and got a happy surprise! It's amazing! Super cheap, HOLY GRAIL item. Would repurchase. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Left me with a white cast. Looks good If was going for a goth look since it paled me out to the point of getting me two tones lighter without looking too off putting but, that's not the look I was going for. Good thing it was cheap though. Wouldn't purchase again but, it comes with soo much product that it will so last me a couple years.

on 1/6/2014 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
-super cheap
-huge container, lasts forever
-great for oily skin

Cons
-messy with packaging
-don't think it lasts quite as long as other powders

Great value , great product , will keep re purchasing.

on 11/11/2013 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very oily t-zone so I always set it with powder. I really like bare minerals mineral veil but ever since my daughter was born 2 yrs ago I just couldn't spend much money on makeup so I started to look for a cheaper options. The powder isn't as finely textured like mineral veil but I can deal plus for the price and the amount it's a great deal and it works. The only thing I hope NYC will change is the packaging. Please put a screw lid on!

Sets makeup well but doesn't control my oil for more than 2 hours. Packaging isn't as bad as everyone says. It looks like nothing on your face

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder was surprisingly good at controlling shine on my face! It doesn't make my skin look ashy or dry, unless I pile it on a lot! The consistency is SOOOOOOOOO smooth and blends like a dream! The packaging could be improved though: First, the lid isn't "screwy", so if you grab the lid it will just fall off, and I also think there should be a sifter so everything doesn't fall out uncontrollably. Other than that, this is a good powder and I would repurchase both loose and pressed form!