Mirenesse Velvet Maxilift Foundation

Mirenesse Velvet Maxilift Foundation

2.6

on 2/28/2017 8:41:00 PM

I am 59 years old and I use Retin-A on my face everyday.I have tried every foundation, powder, and primer known to man, expensive and drugstore. My face is so dry. I finally found a primer that worked. It is Cover FX anti-aging. I use Cerave hydrating facial cleanser. I go to a dermatologist because I had precancerous lesions from baking in the sun in my younger years. He prescribed the Retin-A and Cerave. He said you are wasting your money with expensive cleansers and moisturizers. I read about Mirenesse and decided to try it. I tried it first without any primer and it went on beautifully. With a primer and a light dusting of powder it didn't move for 12 hours. It still looked great. I hope young girls listen and don't tan or go to the tanning bed. Ever seen a tan on an older person, looks horrible. if you want sunspots, wrinkles, and the potential for cancer, go ahead. My father died from skin cancer on his face. When we buried him half his face was missing.

This goes on really thick

on 9/3/2012 9:27:00 PM

I like this, but only when diluted with moisturiser. I am not a heavy foundation wearing person. Sheer is better for me. I do like this, but I have to make it work for me.

I got the small size to try out, quite expensive for a 10ml tube. The foundation feels quite creamy whe squeeze out, but it feels quite dry when I put on the face and very hard to blend. The color fits me well and the coverage is medium. Unfortunately, after only couple of hours, the foundation is gone with some residue creased near my nose and under my mouth area. Such a disappointing product would never buy it again.

on 2/15/2011 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Thick and plasticky

on 1/1/2010 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I think this product was too much for my acne prone skin. I was after something that lasted a long time and was natural. I have given this to my mum and hope it works better for her. It made me oily a few hours after application and made my skin more congested.

I got this as a freebie and really wanted to like it. Yes, my skin does look airbrushed just after I apply it but I can feel an oily forehead by the end of the day. I also hate that it leaves residue on any thing that touches my face - gross.

I suspect that it breaks me out as I can switch cleansers or moisturisers but when I cut this out, I notice an improvement in my skin.

on 5/22/2008 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I purchased the Vienna and it came in the "Youthful Radiance" pack, along with the concealer and base primer (which is by the way SUPER ACE product). Anyway after experimenting for two days, this is the method that came up with the best results (so far): apply a small amount of the base primer on the fingers and dab softly on the face with a cupping action, allowing the warmth of the hand to spread the primer. Wait about 30 seconds for the product to settle. Place half a pea sized amount of the foundation on a foundation brush, then apply to one side of the face using a fast stippling motion - that is, don't drag it down as it will remove the primer. Repeat on the other side. Repeat until satisfied with level of coverage. At first I was a bit iffy about their foundation brush, but after many uses I found it the best for applying a small amount in feathery strokes. My skin didn't feel dry at all and coverage stayed put when required. The product takes a few moments to settle properly on the skin so best to wait between applications.

on 4/28/2008 8:00:00 PM

I love this product, I have searched for years for a foundation that lasted and gave execellent coverage, it is a bit expensive but well worth it and the product lasts forever because a little goes a long way...
I don't know what I would do without it now that I have found it. Thanks Mirenesse!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I purchased this product thinking it was going to be my "saviour"
Unfortunately, it wasnt. Its nice and thick and gives okay coverage but doesnt have the staying power that it says it does. Perhaps my expectations were a little high. I found the pump to be a pain in the butt - didnt work properly and I ended up having to unscrew the pump.
I love Mirenesse, but this product is not one of the better ones.