NARS Bysance Duo

NARS Bysance Duo

3.2

on 12/13/2011 12:14:00 AM

I'm actually pretty picky when it comes to NARS duos, but this one i adore. I'm a huge fan of gold/yellow colors and this one i can wear by itself for a glowing look. The purple shade looks great in the crease as well! I know these colors aren't for everyone, but if you can pull them off...get this duo!

on 11/8/2011 3:35:00 PM

I bought this for $8 at sephora on sale with the F&F code. I would have never ever paid $33 USD for this however, so when I put yes, i would buy again it was for the price i paid, not retail.
Onto the important part, the product itself. I think these colors are beautiful. Yes the gold is strange and yes the purple isn't pigmented like crazy, but nonetheless these are amazing.
The purple color almost glows, as some stated before it is an ethereal look, very pretty and flattering. This color is a perfect example of how not being pigmented out the wazoo can be a very good thing.
The gold is also rather sheer with a strange green/brownish tint to bring the bright yellow down a bit, so it's not garish whatsoever. It looks beautiful in the crease or layered with the purple or under the eye as a light liner. Also rather 'glowy' imo.
This is truly art make up, and as the third reviewer wrote earlier - Nars creates make up for people who like to imagine. Absolutely.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I had this eyeshadow in my stash ever since it came out. I have tried to make this combo work for me but it is not for me. The purple shade is more of a lavender shade, which as a dark complexion such as myself cannot pull off as a main color. The mustard color is okay just not my favorite. Ironically I found a similar shade in Rock &Republic in Twisted shade. I will not repurchase. I will make this shadow work for me.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

An acid-yellow shade paired with a bright purple shade. I have to say that these shades are very wearable. I really wanted to try the Rated-R duo but this combo caught my attention even more. The yellow shade goes on almost like a sheer gold shade. I use it in the inner corners of my eyes and swipe the grape color on my eyes with a MAC eye brush. You can make this duo look modern and pretty or you can build it to make it look garish.

on 2/11/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I actually love this duo and I do not agree with a lot of the previous reviewers I find the colors amazing..I put down a base like urban decay primer potion then but the gold color all over my lid and follow with the purple half way from outer corner to mid crease....I also wear it with MAC naked pigment as the highlight color then then add the purple color all over the lid...and blend blend blend the crease of the eye til it blends out soo nice in the crease. The purple color reminds me off MAC Mes in Odd Bits..I love this Nars Duo, its soft blendable and gorgeous! I wouldnt repurchase because I have other similar purples being one of my favorite color eyeshadow.

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

The color combination would be great if only the gold color was More gold and less ? something. I like the purple color but I find I have to layer layer layer to get the color payoff I desire. However if you prefer a lighter pale color you can have it that way also. The two colors together look OK. But just OK, not great.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

These colors are just hideous! LOL. Both are pigmented, smooth and blendable. One side is a mustard yellow and the other side is a very blue based bright purple.

on 2/3/2008 3:19:00 PM

Shimmering marigold and iridescent iris,stated from the site. Bysance is my favourite duo. The colour combination is actually weird but I just use this antique like gold over the eyelid and blend in the purple at the creases.It is soft and it is good for me.

on 9/15/2007 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Very rich dressy colors. Over a base, the gold leaf color came out to be a deep,rich antique gold. I blended the purplish color in.like a wash or glaze, and it was spectacular. The purple,applied with a little water, made a great eyeliner. There are so many possibilities with Bysance, and the gold leaf color alone is so rich with versitility. Nars makes products for people who like to layer,blend,and imagine. Bysance is not for someone who takes a color directly and swipes it across an eyelid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Totally agree 100% with the previous reviewer. I can't believe I paid $33.50 for this. I really have no idea what I was thinking. I'm giving it a two instead of one hoping that I can use the colors seperately?!? I do *kind* of like the purple side but it does fade pretty quickly. I seriously doubt I'll ever use the mustard yellow side though. I probably should have taken it right back to Macy's the second I put it on my eyes at home and looked in the mirror and "Oh SH*T, I look like a Mardi Gras float" was the first thing that popped into my head! Oh well...that'll teach me to impulse buy. QUICK EDIT: Fades fasts, doesn't blend well.