Iman Luxury Radiance Powder Foundation

3.3

on 12/18/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

For a tan, yellow/olive undertoned woman like me, it is hard to find drugstore makeup that matches my skin. I have been dabbling with "Women Of Color" brands and my finds have been very successful. I am the lightest or one of the lightest shades in WOC brands and one of the darkest for other popular brands. IMAN has been around forever and it is an underdog of the more popular brands on the market. It is even hard to find this brand in the drugstore. I found IMAN at my local Target when it used to sold at Ulta.

First off with color match. I am "not that dark" but im far from pale. I consider myself a true medium-medium deep with olive undertones (MAC NC37-42, NARS Stromboli-Syracruse). The powder that matches me is "Clay Medium". An excellent match especially for drugstore.

Controls oil very well, great for setting and touch ups which is exactly what I use this for. I dont use this as a foundation.

One thing I dont like is the texture. Is is not smooth or soft feeling. It feels sort of rough and hard. I would say this is borderline chalky, but not as chalky as others like Ultas brand.

It was cheap but pricy for a drugstore item. Packaging is pretty.

I would buy again for the shades and ease. Underrated product and brand!!!!

on 7/19/2012 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I enjoy wearing this powder. Its quick for grab and go and it matches my skin will. I find that it does not change color with oxidation. My only problems with this is that it transfers and it is not always easy to find. I find that price and packaging are okay. I would buy this product again if I needed something quick.

on 12/16/2009 8:35:00 PM

IMAN blew it. Her line was great when she owned, it, but like many other lines, once sold it gets tampered with and screwed up. I'm MAC NC40, which is a very hard shade (IMO) to get right. My undertones are predominantly yellow, which translates to Sand 4, according the colour chart. WRONG. Sand 4 is too beige/light with not enough yellow, IMO. The next shade, which is Sand 5, is too tawny, meaning this is out of the question for me. , even in winter when I become very, very pale.

The texture is also weird. For me, wet or dry, this just didn't work. It looked too cakey, even with my regular moisturizer and sunscreen underneath. I saw nothing in this product that warranted the word "luxury". Especially at $14.99. I've gotten better results with the (now discontinued) HIP Foundation and Colormatch.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is by far the best powder / foundation i have ever used. It is highly pigmented with fine light reflectors in it. Can be used dry for a sheer look or use wet for heavy coverage. Comes in many different shades... i use earth #1 which is the lightest of the red tones . I advise anyone who is medium dark to dark skinned and had uneven skin tone or skin discoloration to give this powder foundation a try. It smoothes and evens out. The light reflectors give an illusion of flawlessness. I usually wear my powder foundation over Relvon Color Stay in Cappuccino and it last all day.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

According to Iman Cosmetic Shade selector, http://www.imancosmetics.com/1.0/purematch_landing.html, Loreal HIP 818 is similar to Iman LRPF in Earth 1. Finally found it ebay, walgreens.com and duanereade.com. Truly wonderful product. Reincarnation of I-Iman Sheer Luminous Powder Foundation d/c by Sephora. Highly pigmented powder foundation with subtle gold shimmer. Gives skin an ethereal golden glow. .

on 5/4/2010 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Ok i am not sure if i am doing this right i actually need feedbacks on this. Has anyone with oily skin used Iman Luxury second to none liquid makeup? how do you like it and would you recommend it. I bought it with a friend 3 weeks ago and unfortunately bought the wrong shade "earth 4" i need an "earth 3" so i have not used it much, please do you ladies like it or not. thank you