4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

Flexitol cream is a urea-based cream so it moisturizes very well Pros 1/ affordable price 2/ lightly scented cream, the scent is not flowery or overpowering and will fade soon after application 3/ great moisturizing power 4/ love the package, convenient in size and simple in design with no fuss Cons In my opinion, i don't think this cream has any

About reviewer (118 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

3.0

10 years ago

This works very well but the smell is so off-putting that I won't buy it again. For that reason, I use this balm only at work which is in a medical environment, as the medicinal smell is fitting with the location. It helps w/dry hands after frequent washing. But the Flexitol Heel Balm is actually better than the hand balm - it's more potent (urea is 2nd ingredient instead of 3rd) and the odor is less intense. I do like that the 2oz tube is totable in a purse, but I wouldn't want to take this around with me anywhere (unfortunately)! The odor prevents me from loving this very effective dry skin treatment (2 lippies off). It's great for cold-weather dilemmas. A tiny amount (1/4 pea-size) is all I need to quench chapped hands, and the effect lasts for hours. I think I'm going to start using the hand balm on my feet and the heel balm on my hands! The heel balm tube is twice the size however, not very convenient for carrying in a purse. I will not buy this again but I will buy the Heel Balm again when I run out.

About reviewer (709 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairGrey, Kinky, Medium

EyesBrown

11 years ago

This is not what I expected at all. I expected a thick cream or balm but this is just a cream that sinks in quickly. This doesn't mean that I don't like it, I think it's a very good hand cream and I would purchase it again if I couldn't find my HG (Roc Enydrial). This has a slight medicinal smell. Price: £4.99 for a 56 g unglamorous tube. Ingredients: aqua, glyceryl stearate, urea, decyl oleate, lanolin, propylene glycol, benzyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, ceteareth-12, ceteareth-20, lactic acid, dimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, triethanolamine, carbomer, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, propyl gallate, citric acid, BHA, parfum, amyl cinnamal, coumarin, linalool, benzyl benzoate, cinnamyl alcohol, citronellol, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, butylphenyl methylpropional, isoeugenol, limonene.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

11 years ago

This is a great product. I have had this for sometime and have used it intermittently as I prefer "sexier" products. Recently I have put this on the side table where I sit and have been using it once in the evening. I have not paid it much attention but after a week or so use my hands look amazing - years younger in fact. I have an annoying red patch on one of them which is a result of an accident - this gets dryish. But not anymore - whilst it is still reddish the skin on that bit is no longer coarse. My nails look good too. This is all I have used recently so can only be this. I am not overkeen on the scent but it wears away quick. You only need a small amount - don't be tempted to dollop it one. Using a small amount means it sinks in fast and you really don't need to use loads. Wish the tube was a tad bigger. Not a sexy product but a very effective one.

About reviewer (236 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

13 years ago

I have just bought this in Boots in UK for £4.99 for a 2oz/56g tube, totally unglamourous, but totally effective. It comes out a thickish balm, but not so thick like say L'Occitane shea butter hand cream, it is easy to rub in, has little discernible smell and it works. My hands really suffer in the winter, and are in and out of water, I have slatered on various handcreams but this is the first one that seems to both sink in but also leave a protective layer. There is a heel balm and a cuticle cream and I'm going to purchase them too!

About reviewer (190 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

13 years ago

Flexitol Hand Balm for Very Dry Skin is an excellent drugstore product that I stumbled upon by accident. Lately the skin on my elbows and the underside of my forearms had become extremely dry with almost a "chicken-skin" look of tiny, rough bumps. Consistent, daily dry-brushing and standard moisturizer application for over a month did very little to clear up the problem. It didn't seem bad enough to warrant a trip to the dermatologist (and where I live it's a 6 month wait for an appointment), but the rough bumps are an annoyance just the same. While cruising the aisles at my local drugstore looking for something that might help, the pharmacist recommended I try something with a high urea content, and showed me this product. Urea is the 3rd ingredient on the ingredient list; most drugstore moisturizers containing urea have much lower amounts. So,I decided to try it. All I can say is, WOW!!!After applying Flexitol Hand Balm for Very Dry skin twice daily for a month, the bumps have almost disappeared!!Flexitol comes in a 2-ounce tube with a secure, attached cap, making it very easy to carry in a purse or have at work in a desk drawer. It is a white cream with a somewhat medicinal scent that doesn't linger, and it absorbs quickly. Highly recommended; I suspect this will also work well for winter-dry or chapped hands. Under $10 US in most drugstores.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age44-55