Bare Escentuals Pure Radiance

Bare Escentuals Pure Radiance

4.3

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This review has been long overdue. This highlighter not only highlights the high points of your face, but it gives the rest of your skin the absolute most beautiful, natural healthy glow! I am obsessed with this powder. I still love my Mary Loumanizer but this one is perfect for everyday looks. Might be a bit glittery but it looks so stunning in natural light.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I brought out my summer makeup today and I don't remember where I got this at. I used it as an eyeshadow and as a 'bronzer' alternative on my very pale skin.

It gives my skin a really nice tone and I was so nervous that you'd be able to see all the glitter, but it came out more matte then shiny. It makes a gorgeous eyeshadow from lid to crease. I like to add a brown or purple to my outer V.

The color is a light peach (I'm terrible at pointing out all the different notes of color, but it's definitely peachy)

It works for me.

My (face) makeup regiment is as follows:

Tony Moly Silky Smooth Primer
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream in Clearing
(or Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24h Makeup)
bareMinerals Original or Matte Mineral Makeup
Tony Moly Cats Wink powder in #2 Clear Beige
bareMinerals Warmth
bareMinerals Bare Escentuals Pure Radiance

With all these products, I'm able to fake a pretty beautiful complexion! This Pure Radiance is gorgeous, lends my face an ethereal glow and adds just a bit of shimmer without being too juvenile or cheesy looking. I love it! It's a good product, and I love the peachy golden shimmery gorgeousness! It's actually just right for my pale(ish) complexion with olive undertones (I'm of mixed race with dark hair & features.) With young children, sleep deprivation, and without the time to apply makeup perfectly on a regular basis, this stuff works fabulously...just swirl a fluffy brush in Pure, buff onto the high points of your face and go! It costs me around $22 on amazon, and comes with 1 oz, a huge amount for the little you need. I will continue to repurchase ;) <3

on 3/25/2013 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This isn't a terrible product, but probably one of my least favorite. I purchased it as a Pure Radiance set that came with a brush.

For me it provides a bit TOO much shimmer, and application isn't anywhere as easy as compared to The Love Affair highlighter that I think does a much better job. The packaging could also be a bit easier, since I would have either too little or too much come out.

However, it has dual purpose in that I've used it as an eyeshadow, and it has good staying powder.

I won't be repurchasing it again as it didn't work well for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This highlighter just did not work well on my tanned skin. It accentuated every pore and wrinkle and gave my skin a strange metallic sheen. I had it for years then tossed in the garbage. I recommend trying this product before purchasing. I am otherwise a huge bare minerals fan.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got Pure Radiance in a holiday set, and used it in combination with Bare Escentuals Lovely blush. Pure Radiance is a great highlighter to put over your cheeks, down your nose, and across your forehead or jawline. It's very shimmery, so I don't think I could wear it during the daytime, but it'll make you photo-ready for a night out.

I have to say that I do hate the packaging though. The jar is so tiny that when you screw the lid off, glitter gets everywhere. It's a mess. Just be careful when opening!

on 8/26/2012 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite product from bare minerals. It really brightens up my face and gives me a "healthy glow." You shouldn't use too much though, because it can be too shimmery.

on 5/30/2012 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I wasn't looking for all over glow. I use BE Medium foundation and it provides plenty of dewiness for me. I wanted Pure Radiance to highlight my brow bone, which it does nicely. It is a neutral slightly pearly color that is not over the top for me, I am 48 and need to tone down the glitter/sparkle but I was not ready to give it up all together!

on 11/13/2011 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG. LOVE. in a tiny jar with a black screw on cap.

I got the mini version of this with the BE "The Total Package" kit (full size BE redeemable voucher with small sizes of this, the mineral veil, cleanser, primer, and mascara) and alone I thought it just made my pores look huge and my face like a disco ball (read: it's shimmery).

HOWEVER, when I sweep this lightly with the edge of my brush across my cheekbones up to my temples over a brush/bronzer, I look positively like I am a glowing angel. I swear to god. It is quite amazing-- I just hate the jar, I get glittery sparkles all over myself.

In the pot it looks like a shimmery mauve/taupe/tan goldish colour, but on the face somehow it just turns into GLOW.

Going to buy the full size of this, ASAP! For reference, I'm BE Golden Fair/NARS Fiji/NC 20-range.

I love this product! I sweep it down my nose above the top of my lip and on my chin. Pure Radiance give my face a great glow!