Clearasil Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore Cleansing Pads

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
No Image

3.8

medicinal ingredient: salicylic acid 2% non-medicinal ingredients: water, alcohol denat., glycerin, isoceteth-20, sorbitol, sodium hydroxide, fragrance, lavandula stoechas extract, helichrysum italicum extract, cistus monspeliensis extract, disodium EDTA.

on 7/24/2009 10:38:00 AM

I have not tried these on my face YET (I have combo skin: oily t-zone and normal cheeks, monthly hormonal breakouts), but I did use these for my mild/mod bacne (upper back, tops of shoulders), and they work great! So far I am only using it at night because I did not know I how my skin would react, but it is definitely helping! I occasionally have a little acne on my chest, and these help with that too. Just swipe it over the affected area at night, then let it dry before putting a shirt on. I'm able to do it myself, but that could depend on where your bacne is. I actually kind of like the smell too lol. I've been doing this for a week now, and no bad reactions to it. And for some reason this is working better (for me) than the spot treatment creams I used to use on my back...It's affordable, no fuss, and worth a shot if you have mild/mod bacne! I would definitely reccommend it!

on 6/25/2008 5:23:00 AM

I like this product. The normal clearsil facial washes don't work that well for me...but this really did clear my spots within 3 days. I had a MASSIVE spot on my cheek that was just not going away. It was there for about 4 days when my mum brought me the Ultra Pads. They are pricey (got them on sale for 3 from Boots, but they cost more than that at normal price) but they work, so it's ok for me to splurge on them once in a while. Each item contains 65 pads.

The pads contain hydrogen peroxide, so the scent is VERY strong. Enough to burn the eyes. They recommend you don't use this on the hairline or eyebrows.

Anyway, I applied this at night, & by morning, the spot had decreased in size significantly. After 2 more days, the spot has gone! I also used this on my forehead when I was on my period (I break out in small little spots on my forehead when I'm on) & this also helped reduce those in size significantly too.

Overall, I'm pleased with the products. Knocked off a lippy because the formula is so strong that is makes my eyes water sometimes (even when I'm not using the pad near my eyes!) & the price is a little extreme. Would repurchase when I have a major outbreak of spots :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

For me, these really do work. Whenever I'm having a really bad breakout (about once every 12 months) I turn to these. I notice results in about 5 days, not the 3 as claimed by the company. They leave my skin feeling smooth and looking brighter, and get rid of my cystic acne. The pads are easy to use and the texture makes them even better for exfoliation. I wouldn't recommend them for dry or sensitive skin though, and I can't use these on my neck as they dry the skin out. But for those with skin that can stand up to the combination of salicylic acid, denatured alcohol and hydrogen peroxide, give these a go. And another thing, make sure you wash your hands after using these, as if you touch your eye/contact lenses etc with traces of the product still on your fingers, they will burn like nothing else.

Ingredients (UK version) : Aqua, Alcohol Denat, Isoceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Hydrogen Peroxide, Parfum, Sodium Hydroxide, Dextrin, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Glycine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Lactate, Dipropylene Glycol, Citric Acid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Once again, drugstore acne products have failed. I have no idea why I get occasionally suckered into buying drugstore brands that obviously don't work (and I should know this because I've been fighting acne for 12 years now). This product didn't make my acne better or worse and it was already moderate to begin with so I guess it gets one lippie.