Clearasil Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore Cleansing Pads

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

3.9

medicinal ingredient: salicylic acid 2% non-medicinal ingredients: water, alcohol denat., glycerin, isoceteth-20, sorbitol, sodium hydroxide, fragrance, lavandula stoechas extract, helichrysum italicum extract, cistus monspeliensis extract, disodium EDTA.

I am an esthetician and don't normally advocate drug store acne products but I grabbed these pads as a last resort to a bad breakout that I just couldn't seem to clear with the spa line I use... I did notice a difference within a few days, it has drastically cleared the breakout (it is gone now) and I no longer feel little bumps under my skin or any new pimples waiting to surface. I use this daily - I was using morning and night but now i just use at night as preventative measures since my skin has cleared.
*It was rather drying at first but that is because it was sloughing off all the dead skin that was clogging my pores.

This also works great for back-acne as well, I also use it nightly as preventative measures.

I will absolutely repurchase and save myself mega $ since discovering it works better than the higher end products out there.

I only give 4 lippies because it doesn't like the ingredients other than salicylic acid - I wish i knew what I was putting on my face.

on 3/27/2011 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My skin is sensitive and these have just enough power to un clog my pores and not hurt my face unless I use a lot over and over again! these are so awesoe to taking off foundation I always use them for a base before washing my face off after wearing makeup.

on 8/22/2010 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am so pissed off that I wasted approx. 7$ on this stupid product that gave me much more acne as well as drying my skin, AND giving me. big whiteheads. or cycstic acne or smthn? idk but my chin has 3 new BIG whiteheads that are really noticable. they hurt when I touch it too. I also got a lot of small whiteheads. I don't follow up with moisturizer when I used this because Im on vacation and I bought it while I was on vacation, and plus the container says that it's for on the go. I don't think you will coincidentally have some moisturizer in ur purse.

will never ever repurchase. I really wish I could like this because sometimes at night I get lazy to cleanse my face. thought I could just wipe this over ny face and hop in my bed. too bad. sucks I wasted 7 bucks, but karma for not reading reviews first.

DONT PURCHASEE!!!

on 6/8/2010 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Works works works works. I use to use the liquid that comes in the bottle but unfortunately I can't find it in the states so this was my alternative. I absolutely lovvvee it! I don't know if it works on anyone who has serious acne but it works well for those out of nowhere breakouts. If you get acne from oily skin or makeup this is a great toning remedy. It does work fast! I've been using it for only two days. I applied it day one at night and woke up with my skin being a whole lot better. It also gently exfoliates too! I would say it's best to stArt off using it twice a day than move on to just night time and only night time if you have dry skin. And moisturize ;)

on 3/6/2010 2:13:00 AM

This is quite an effective product which definitely reduces acne. Like most acne pads, this also dries out my skin so I only use on patches as necessary. I find this to be more effective than the Neutrogena pads which always seem to leave me greasy looking. This does not leave my oily looking but the one down fall is that the material its made of is very scratchy, to the extent where I find it painful. It isnt nicely textured like the Neutrogena ones but these are indeed very moist, in fact its swimming in liquid so no risk of drying out. I highly recommend these, I also use this to prevent acne and is great for oil control in hot weather. Good price, does the job.

on 11/23/2009 10:15:00 PM

This product keeps my skin smooth and my pores empty!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

For me, these really do work. Whenever I'm having a really bad breakout (about once every 12 months) I turn to these. I notice results in about 5 days, not the 3 as claimed by the company. They leave my skin feeling smooth and looking brighter, and get rid of my cystic acne. The pads are easy to use and the texture makes them even better for exfoliation. I wouldn't recommend them for dry or sensitive skin though, and I can't use these on my neck as they dry the skin out. But for those with skin that can stand up to the combination of salicylic acid, denatured alcohol and hydrogen peroxide, give these a go. And another thing, make sure you wash your hands after using these, as if you touch your eye/contact lenses etc with traces of the product still on your fingers, they will burn like nothing else.

Ingredients (UK version) : Aqua, Alcohol Denat, Isoceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Hydrogen Peroxide, Parfum, Sodium Hydroxide, Dextrin, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Glycine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Lactate, Dipropylene Glycol, Citric Acid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

ehh. i bought this stuff for when i went to my family's cabin (yucky water, hassle to wash face). it smelt AWFUL and the scent lingered long after i had used one. also my face felt super sticky, like there was a thin film all over it. only upside, i didn't notice TOO many new pimples but none of them went away, either. i guess i'll keep the 95% of the product i have left if i'm real desperate, but most certainly won't be buying again.