Clearasil Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore Cleansing Pads

No Image

3.6

medicinal ingredient: salicylic acid 2% non-medicinal ingredients: water, alcohol denat., glycerin, isoceteth-20, sorbitol, sodium hydroxide, fragrance, lavandula stoechas extract, helichrysum italicum extract, cistus monspeliensis extract, disodium EDTA.

on 7/22/2013 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

It broke me out big time, and not in the purging kind of way either. I ended up with loads of cystic pimples which is not fun at all. This product was definitely not for me.

on 5/13/2013 7:32:00 AM

If I could give this product a rating of 0 I would. I don't consider my skin to be very sensitive, except to mechanical treatments. Therefore, in my opinion, your skin needs to be ultra sturdy to take on such a harsh product. I stopped using this after two day because it burned my face like crazy. It was definitely not a "tingle", as some reviewers felt. I also got broken capillaries from it and lots of red bumps. It has taken me now more than a month and my skin is finally getting back to what it used to be but it will never be the same. This product ruined my skin, plain and simple. If your skin can take peels with granules, I think you might be able to make use of this product without destroying your skin but use with caution.

These pads really messed up my face. I bought them because my face had been getting more zits than usual, and pads with a similar amount of salicylic acid had helped me before. But these were different. At first, I thought I was still breaking out because these pads just hadn't worked their magic yet. The filmy layer they left was off-putting, but would be fine if they worked. But they just didn't. I ended up with huge dry patches with a bunch of whiteheads in them. I used these over spring break, and my skin is still not back to normal. I'm really disappointed with this product.

this product is SO harsh and not effective at all :(
i have oily & acne-prone skin; the first time i used it , it stung my face so bad and my skin turned a fierce red...but i stuck with it because i usually use a product for at least 2 days before judging it; worst decision i have ever made.
My skin swelled up, and it irritated my acne so much. I actually wanted to cry after seeing the damage this product had done to my face.
i will NEVER purchase or use this product ever again

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

These were very harsh on my normal/combo oily skin. The stung whenever I put them on my face, dried out my skin, irritated my blemishes. Not to mention - they made my eyes water like crazy whenever I opened the lid!

on 8/22/2010 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am so pissed off that I wasted approx. 7$ on this stupid product that gave me much more acne as well as drying my skin, AND giving me. big whiteheads. or cycstic acne or smthn? idk but my chin has 3 new BIG whiteheads that are really noticable. they hurt when I touch it too. I also got a lot of small whiteheads. I don't follow up with moisturizer when I used this because Im on vacation and I bought it while I was on vacation, and plus the container says that it's for on the go. I don't think you will coincidentally have some moisturizer in ur purse.

will never ever repurchase. I really wish I could like this because sometimes at night I get lazy to cleanse my face. thought I could just wipe this over ny face and hop in my bed. too bad. sucks I wasted 7 bucks, but karma for not reading reviews first.

DONT PURCHASEE!!!

on 7/19/2010 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really dislike this thing!!!
- i didn't see any difference with or with out it
- i bought it because it was cheaper than Garnier's (that i LOVE) and i thought it was a good alternative
- the pads look like they're soaked in soap or something and just wiped my face like any other wet cottom pad ( i like the Garnier ones because it exfoliates the skin aswell)
- i used it for about a week and threw it away
Of course i'm not buying this again

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this product in hopes to clear a couple of blemishes on my chin. After about two weeks of using the Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore Cleaning Pads I broke out like crazy. I had severe acne on my chin, my face and forehead. I thought maybe it was doing a purge so I kept using it for another week. The acne turned cystic and painful. I must have been an allergic reaction or my skin really did not agree with some of the ingredients. I know this stuff is made of some really harsh chemicals. Tossed this crap out and had to go to a dermatologist for some damage control. Please use with caution.

on 1/14/2009 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I bought this because I'm a fan of salicylic acid to treat breakouts. I had a bad bout of stress breakouts last month, worse than it'd had ever been before. So I got these pads to substitute my toner.

Sometimes I think we convince ourselves that if a product hurts/stings/burns/etc it must be doing a great job. And the first time I used one of the pads, it really felt like a stinging slap in the face! It literally stunned me with how much it burned with one swipe of it. Forget using it on the cheeks, because the vapors rise and sting the hell out of your eyes. This stuff kind of scares me.

I kept using it for another couple of weeks, because I was all "I bought it, might as well use it, no pain no gain and all that, maybe it'll work down the road". Yeah, no dice.

I threw this in my gym sack to swipe across my chest and back after workouts. Bleh. Another disappointment.

on 3/27/2008 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

ew ew ew ew ew!
so rough on skin and doesn't clear up acne one bit! i beg you not to put this on your skin. my skin was so oily and red after i used these. never will buy again.

this may work for other skins though, but in my opinion these are CRAP!