Clearasil Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore Cleansing Pads

No Image

3.6

medicinal ingredient: salicylic acid 2% non-medicinal ingredients: water, alcohol denat., glycerin, isoceteth-20, sorbitol, sodium hydroxide, fragrance, lavandula stoechas extract, helichrysum italicum extract, cistus monspeliensis extract, disodium EDTA.

on 9/22/2006 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This seems to work on my acne but is very drying. A few minutes after I use it I can see flakes of skin around my mouth, cheeks and chin. I recommend moisturizing after using this. Seems to live up to its promise so far, after using it for about a week. Very convenient to use! I used to keep this at my desk at work.

Update: These are definitely good for acne, but I try to use them sparingly because the salicylic acid stings my sensitive skin. continued >>

on 11/14/2006 3:08:00 PM

These cleansing pads live up to their promise, for me at least. They get deep down and clear out all the dirt and oil in my pores. I only use them at night, to get rid of all the dirt and oil that accumulates during the day but I have to moisturize after using them otherwise my face gets dried out. I will definitely repurchase.

on 11/25/2006 12:11:00 PM

The first time I used these, I hated them for some reason. It's been awhile now, and after running out of my Neutrogena On-the-Spot, I figured that I might as well use up all the Clearasil pads I still had left over. The results have been fantastic so far! (And I'm VERY difficult to please). My face was in a mess last week, and after using these for about a week or so, the acne has definitely started clearing up. After I started using these, I've only gained 1 pimple, and it didn't even come to a head (it's turning into a small red bump now, so it'll be gone in no time). The Clearasil pads have even helped with cysts; apparently it prevents major inflammation and redness, which is a definite plus! What surprised me the most about these was that the main ingredient was salicylic acid, which NEVER works for me. I'm gonna try these out longer, probably for a month, and then provide an update. So far, I'd definitely recommend these pads to anyone. Just give it some time to work, and make sure to moisturize afterwards (which you should be doing anyways) :D I might even try out more salicylic acid products now... who knows?

Update: Wow, I'm still loving this! I just finished up all the pads yesterday, and I'm craving for more. These have been consistently helping with preventing cysts from forming on my nose. The best part is that they're so easy to use; just a swipe and you're set!! I'm going to head out tomorrow and buy some more :) continued >>

on 3/7/2007 12:53:00 AM

This helps clear up the blackheads my daughter's been getting. She hates the stinging but she's only 11. I told her to close her eyes until it is dry.
I think it's a little overpriced, though, considering what it's made of.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My 12 Year old daughter loves this. She says they burn a little and smell bad but they really work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Once again, drugstore acne products have failed. I have no idea why I get occasionally suckered into buying drugstore brands that obviously don't work (and I should know this because I've been fighting acne for 12 years now). This product didn't make my acne better or worse and it was already moderate to begin with so I guess it gets one lippie.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

ehh. i bought this stuff for when i went to my family's cabin (yucky water, hassle to wash face). it smelt AWFUL and the scent lingered long after i had used one. also my face felt super sticky, like there was a thin film all over it. only upside, i didn't notice TOO many new pimples but none of them went away, either. i guess i'll keep the 95% of the product i have left if i'm real desperate, but most certainly won't be buying again.

on 8/28/2007 6:42:00 AM

I found these wipes somewhat effective. They at least prevent what small break-outs I have from getting worse, if not actually curing them. They are perhaps a bit harsh for my skin (I have very sensitive skin) because I usually get a burning sensation. Sometimes so much so that I need to wash my face. They left my face feeling tight. I also found this product extremely drying. Flakes would appear (even in normally oily areas) almost immediately after use, and would become quite obvious after a couple of days of use. The texture of the pads is great, though. It feels like it's the pad itself which is doing half the work, not the salicylic acid. They do seem to give a very good clean though, as when I used the wipes on my back, they came up with a dirty grey tinge (ew). I wouldn't buy this product again, mainly because it dried my skin out.

on 8/29/2007 3:38:00 AM

I love this product for mild body acne. It's easy to use and it does the job well.

on 3/27/2008 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

ew ew ew ew ew!
so rough on skin and doesn't clear up acne one bit! i beg you not to put this on your skin. my skin was so oily and red after i used these. never will buy again.

this may work for other skins though, but in my opinion these are CRAP!