no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

Okay, I had to go reapply this after reading the other reviews. I wasn't getting the barbershop notes at all, but putting on a ton, I can get that sense. There's a old fashioned perfume feeling to this in quantity, but overall it dries to a gentle, slightly powdery vanilla musk that's compulsively sniffable. The wood, old style cologne and herbal tonic are there in suggestion, but it's all muted into a mood rather than distinct pictures. Lovely and unisex, warm and comforting. Expensive though. Makes me sad because I would love to own this but it's just too expensive.

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

9 years ago

Gee I thought I'd reviewed this already. It came to my attention when Angela at Scent Bar singled it out as "a sleeper" and I got to liking it quickly am on my 2nd bottle actually. One day at Ametron - a sort of audio/video techie supermarket in LA the check out boy asked me, "Are you wearing Le Male?" and I realized that indeed this is an upscale version of same. Funny about Le Male, it's a fragrance I've never liked, it's so shrill, but it's inspired a number of lovely look alikes such as Histoires de Parfums Casanova and even Serge Lutens Chergui. the drydown of Antico Caruso is a tad funky, a bit... bacteria-ish somehow... this is not a plus. Yet, I still enjoy wearing it.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2.0

10 years ago

There are lots of ‘fumes I love, lots I hate, far more I’m ‘meh’ about, but this is the first that leaves me nearly speechless. Objectively it’s a fairly pleasant scent, or at least it is once the opening burns off, but I’m getting a combination of both soap and candy at the same time, and I’m having trouble getting my brain around that particular pairing. It's just...weird. Other than that, it’s smooth and creamy. It goes beyond unisex to swing both ways. And it lasts well, with the persistence and tenacity of a vampire bat. Did I mention...it's weird?

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

13 years ago

at first sniff this smells just like nail polish remover...or something very herbal and masculine (perhaps after-shave)! ugh... but about 5 minutes later it begins to settle and becomes sweet, citrusy/herbally and quite comforting.

About reviewer (411 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

HairBrown

13 years ago

Why oh why i like both the 2 creations i tested by this extremely pricey line!Well shame on me!but how relaxed and istantly happy i felt after putting on my skin after bath the other day.I was so distressed and tired and it worked like some magical potion.It smells a bit of cherry (well that comes from almond)and it's sweet tarty with a subtle vanilla note and a true sandalwood drydown.Precious!

About reviewer (317 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

13 years ago

With notes of citrus, almond and sandalwood, the Luckyscent website describes it being reminiscent of rich, creamy soaps and brisk herbal tonics. At first, I thought this scent didn't work on me.... It seemed kind of soapy perfumey and could work on a man better than a woman...but the drydown is a soft almond baby powder scent....not a sneeze inducing powdery scent but like baby powder and sweet dry almond...and it has no masculine edge left. Also, the staying power on this is tremendous which is rare for a cuddly scent (which this certainly is once you get to the bottom notes).

About reviewer (324 reviews)

Age36-43