Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Gel Eyeliner

Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Gel Eyeliner
Color Intrigue Gel Eyeliner

3.9

on 1/5/2016 6:35:00 PM

As I am aging, I have been noticing that the black eyeliner that I wear every day makes me look harsh and haggard, especially in the winter. At the same time, brown liner doesn't normally look great with my sallow complexion. The shade I got is a nice dark brown color that isn't too warm - a great substitute for black. Like most gels, the staying power is excellent and it does not smear. It doesn't irritate my eyes, and this has been my single go-to product for the last few months. The pot has not dried out yet, unlike many other gel liners I have tried. I got it for like $5 since it seems to be being discontinued. It might be my favorite gel liner.

on 1/30/2013 2:15:00 PM

The color Bronze Pearl loos amazing. I like it because it is so easy to use and the finish is really beautiful. I bought Bobbi Brown gel liner a couple of months ago and it dried out and cracked I don't know if its the weather here or what but within a month it stopped working. So I love this gel its very good quality for a very good price.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

This has got to be on of the best Gel Eyeliners I've used. I have Ocean Teal which is a gorgeous colour and makes a lovely change from black, it really brighten your eyes. I also have brown - which is quite a dark brown and it's not as harsh as black. It comes in a little glass pot with a fantastic stiff eyeliner brush - which means you can get the precision you want thick or thin!
upmarketmakeup.com are selling them for £9.99 at the moment - I'm more than happy with mine and they are lasting a long time too - which is good!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this cheap because it is discontinued but I love it. I have it in brown (dark brown) and only really use it for tightlining but I love the colour and it really helps my eyelashes look full and dark, and lasts well. I'm a huge fan. Don't know what I'll do when it runs out! Luckily you only need a tiny bit so it should last a while

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I LOVE THIS! It has a deep black colour, you can smudge it off if you want to and the best - it keep on all day :)

i have this gel liner in ocean teal, and i think its a discontinued color because i got it at a cosmetics outlet for 3 dollars. if i had bought it at a counter i wouldnt have bought it! it would be crazy expensive!!!its a beautiful color and i love to use it as a base for green eyeshadows and also as eyeliner on my lower lash line to have the neutral color pop. and the tiny pot last a long time too! i bought mine a few months ago and i barly made a dent. just one or two swipes with my angled brush or the brush it comes with (it works really well!) and i can line my whole eye. my only problem is that it wont last long unless i set it with a similar eyeshadow and then put a little translucent powder on top.

on 1/21/2010 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have the black-gray shimmer one, the pot is tiny like Smashbox's and really need to close the lid tight as it will dryout. Its not as pigmented and the color is great as black can be harsh. It longlasting but I wouldn's say its 100% waterproof longlasting like most but more like 90%.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I <3 the brush applicater you get with Elizabeth Arden's COLOUR INTRIGUE GEL EYELINER. You want thick lines? Done. Thin lines? There you go. Rim your eye's waterline? Tah-da.

The gel formula dries faster then liquid and applies more smoothly then a pencil. It's the best of both worlds.

Iíve had no problems with smudging or flaking; COLOUR INTRIGUE GEL EYELINER lasts until I take it off.

I bought this and really liked it. It applies evenly, is nice and dark, is easy to use, and even comes with a liner brush.

The down side, it doesn't stay put, it smudges and moves, maybe it's just my eyes. It tends to transfer onto my eyelid from blinking, so definitely not very attractive.

But my mom and aunt also bought this and they use it no problem, so this might just be me.

on 8/13/2009 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This did not work for me!! Could not get the consistency right... would not apply properly to my eyelids. Waste of money, far too expensive for what it is! x