Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten in Pink Grapefruit

Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten in Pink Grapefruit
Blush-n-Brighten in Pink Grapefruit

4.3

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Glyceryl Ethylhexanoate/Stearate/ Adipate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth 7, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Sorbitan Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methylparaben, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lauroyl Lysine, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous! I have never owned anything by Laura Geller before and got this as a free gift with purchase at Ulta. I am totally unfamiliar with the brand aside from what I've heard second-hand on YouTube. The bad news is that this brand is not cheap, and seems to have somewhat limited availability because I've never seen it anywhere except Ulta. The good news? I had a decidedly "bad makeup day", and this was probably the only thing I really enjoyed about my face today!

Firstly, wow, pigmented much? This only needed a little tap-tap and we were in business! It is a lovely shimmery golden coral peachy-pink, not totally unlike NARS's Orgasm, although from what I can remember, this might actually be a bit more pigmented. It also serves as a blush "topper", because it does give off a lovely shimmer reminiscent of a highlighter but obviously more colorful.

Although matte blushes are kinda my thing these days, this is unmistakably pretty and also quite long-wearing, so yes I am a fan. Will I repurchase this $28 blush? I can say that, given the formula and how nice this looked, I would either repurchase this color or another from the line to try out. Either way, highly recommended.

on 2/21/2016 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I had received this as a gift about a year ago and I thought "no.... this is too deep, too dark for my fair/med skin tone..."
A few months later I thought what the heck, I'll try it before I give it away.

Well.... turns out I absolutely LOVE this color! The photo of it here makes it look a bit darker than it really is IMO, but it is a bit "rich" and deep color-wise, in the container. Yet it doesn't reflect a deep, dark color when dusted lightly on my cheeks - it's a radiantly beautiful shade that I really believe pretty much any skin tone could benefit from!

Perfect! It adds the prettiest glow to my fair skin and lasts all day long. It blends well too. I will repurchase even though it is more expensive than my usual blush budget.

on 12/30/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I received the Laura Geller blush n Brighten blush in pink grapefruit as a Christmas gift and I absolutely love it. If I would've seen this online I probably wouldn't have bought it. I would never buy a dark orangey blush nor would I ever, ever buy anything that had sparkles or the word "frosty" in the description, but this was a wonderful surprise. I'm 63 and have fair skin and the last thing I need is orange blush with sparkles in it but this stuff is actually a beautiful, subtle color and the shimmer is so light that it makes my skin dewey looking which is a word that would rarely describe 63 year old skin. Don't let the color or shimmer stop you from buying this if you mature skin. It's awesome!

on 8/8/2015 9:27:00 AM

This blush is fairly nice and provides a decent color payoff. The color is a nice medium pink, not unlike the color of a real grapefruit. It is a little too glittery for my taste, so I do not think I would repurchase, but I am happy to have tried it. I have a trial size which comes in neat plastic package that seals tightly and is great for on the go.

on 6/30/2015 10:49:00 AM

I only put I wouldn't buy again because I like to try lots of new products. This is a really pretty bright blush. Not over the top bright, but not dull and blah. I like to use a little bronzer first and then pop this on the cheeks. Very pleasing color!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love grapefruits, but I can't eat them because they interfere with my medication. So to make up for my lack of actual grapefruit, I like to buy things that are grapefruit scented or colored. I also really like blush, so my friend decided that a grapefruit blush would be the perfect thing to get me as a present. I'd actually not really heard of this brand before, so it was a nice surprise to find out that I really like it.

In the pan, it looks like it would be kind of hard to use- pink with glittery orange bits running through it, but it's much easier to apply than it looks. On my very fair skin, it gives a pop of color without being too obnoxious, and it's very easy to blend.

My main complaint with this is that it is very powdery- there is a lot of dust left behind from the brush, so it's best to apply in the bathroom instead of at my desk.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first Laura Geller product. I received this Blush-n-Brighten Pink Grapefruit blush in my Birchbox this month. It's a really beautiful, natural color. I tap just a little bit of it on my brush and it lasts all day. It looks pretty shimmery in the pan, but doesn't look frosted or glittery on my skin.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Absolutely gorgeous peachy-bronze color with pink tones. I have cool toned, porcelain skin and very few blushes look natural on me. This is a very wearable shade for most skin tones, I would say. It is highly pigmented, so I need to use a light touch but it blends beautifully. I love the buttery, silky smooth texture of this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my third Laura Geller blush, love the quality and buildability of her baked blushes. Pink Grapefruit is a great natural looking flush for my pale skin. i like it better than Berry and quite a bit more than Portofino. Very pinky peachy sweet and just flushed kind of blush for me.