Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad

Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad

3.0

on 1/11/2017 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because the colors are beautiful, but they crease like crazy, even with a primer. I have dry lids, and within an hour, they not only crease and disappear, but they manage to bring my waterproof liner with them. Bad investment, they don't even work as a base.
ETA: I use the pink tone and the light one as a cheek highlight, and it is very good for that!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have really mixed feelings about this product. I have owned this 3 times. 2 times I got rid of it. Now I have purchased it again but it is again inside my box for products for swapping.

I suppose I got rid of it becuase I love to apply powder shadows and the way you can blend powder shadows and use different colors in makeup. With this that does not really work. Even though the compact comes with 4 colors, you cant really make an awesome look by blending colors together becuase they are very slippery and they will not set. What is great with these colors is that even though all colors are slightly shimmery they are also very sheer and you can apply them really quickly with a swipe of your finger. And you never will look like you totally messed up your makeup because these colors are so sheer.

Currently I own the sets called Precious Metals and Copper Canyon. They are all very flattering. however they are not crease proof or long lasting like MAC paint pots. They are also much more sheer than MAC paint pots. However I do like the finish of the Revlon Illuminance shadows. I hate they way you can see the texture of the powder shadow on skin when wearing them. With these you can not see the texture. I love it. I love to pair these with a radiant BB and cream blush and just a swipe of these and mascara and a pop of lipgloss. Makes me look younger. I do however prime my eye lids with powder before applying these to improve the staying power. Now that I am writing this review I really feel like taking them away from my swap box and starting to use them again. If I swap them I might repurchase them again. I am really undecided about these.

on 11/13/2016 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was so excited to get the Skinlights quad as a present; I had to never had cream eyeshadow before. It looks very beautiful in the package: shiny, gorgeous colours, swatched very well. Once I got them on my eyes, however, I found them very hard to blend, and they instantly creased, and looked cakey on my lids. Very disappointment as the colours are very pigmented, they just don't apply very well.

My favourite go-to for eye makeup for school/work/whatever is always a good neutral creme eyeshadow palette, and this one does not disappoint. I find it to have good colour payoff and the shadows are super easy to apply. I use all the shades daily except for the brown one second from the right; they also last quite long, though the dark brown shade I find fades faster than the rest.
The only thing I dont like about this palette is the design; it is weird to open and I am always freaked out that Im going to break/drop it somehow since the plastic is pretty flimsy.

on 2/16/2015 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I adore cream eyeshadow and it is by far my favorite product to buy. This, however is just not a good one, which is so sad because the colors are so lovely. The formula is extremely emollient, to the point of being almost slick. This makes it difficult to work with and kind of messy. It never sets on the eye, leading the staying power to be exceptionally poor. I am someone who very rarely has problems with creasing or lasting power (even with products that have notoriously poor lasting power like, say, the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils), but this creases on me within about a minute and is completely gone within a few hours. The best way to use this is as a base, but even as that it is not a very good one as it's not really tacky but just slick. Also, it creases. I did give it two lippies because it does have some lovely shades. But all in all, this is not a good cream eyeshadow and there are much better ones that are less expensive. If you're looking for a very emollient formula that you can use both as a base or on its own, I recommend the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils as a decent one. As far as long lasting, the Rimmel Scandaleyes is great in the drugstore. But yeah, these are not great.

on 11/22/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

estas sombras son muy efectivas para usarlas como prebase para usar las sombras en polvo

on 2/27/2014 12:44:00 AM

I had this in skinlights, and these shadows are so creamy and pretty! There was a shimmery brown, a shimmery white, a shimmery reddish-copper and a matte cream flesh tone. I use these mainly as a base, but the lasting power is so poor....they crease, don't last very long, overall I wouldn't recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pros:
- awesome color selection
- creamy and easy to blend
- more sheer than MAC paint pots )can be a plus or minus depending on taste)
- long lasting with powder eyeshadow on top (use them as a base)
- inexpensive
- 4 colors per set

Cons:
- must be set with a powder shadow on top or they WILL crease
-I would not try to wear them alone or blend them with multiple cream colors, they will look messy
- I have only seen shimmer shades

I have these in the colors skin lights, copper canyon, twilight, va va va bloom, wild orchid and khaki suede. I would recommend them all

I cannot understand the hate on this product. I used the quad in black magic all the way up years ago and for whatever reason didn't buy again, and I just recently picked up Not Just Nudes and am determined to buy nearly every color! I have dry eyelids so these are a great option, can be used as a subtle day look or built up for night. Works best with a primer, but don't all shadows?

on 12/5/2013 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Creases if worn alone.
Stays beautifully if used as a shadow base.
(Especially loose shadow base applied with finger).

Tried it out today after putting them away for months without realizing this... (derp)
It stayed on all day and I have oily oily skin...
I did use a shadow primer though as its a habit.