Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Rosewine 225

Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Rosewine 225

4.5

on 4/28/2016 3:09:00 AM

It appears like warm rose on me. I`m NC37. I like the color. Some say this is some dupe for Mac Finally Free by Caitlyn. Im happy to pay less for dupes!!! I like the lustre- like finish of this product. I see myself wearing this to the office and transition to after hours cocktails. This color would work even after hours!! Its also universally flattering. I find this would work on all kinds of skin tones across the globe. I think this shade is ideal for summer .Its corally red in the tube but yet appears natural on lips. Buy ,buy, buy!

Thank God for dupes!

on 3/20/2016 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If you watch 2 Broke Girls and have paid attention to Max Black's vampyish, muted red lips in the show, that's the best explanation of this color I can give. It's a little old school, it's a little dusty, with brown and rose undertones. Maybe, depending on the wearer's tone, it looks a little coral. But on me it looks a little mauve (as in, Revlon "Mauve It Over" mauve).

I love theintense reviewer discussion on what sort of red Rosewine is.

Another way to put it also, is if MAC "Apres Chic" (the lipstick shade, not the collection) was a deeper cream and not a sheer, Revlon's Rosewine would be the incarnate.

Though I'm not a fan of Kylie Jenner, I am riding on the trend of brown-toned lips because the neutrality just adds an edge of sophistication. I want to recommend this lipstick but I also don't want anyone else to buy it just so there's more for me.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

This is a lovely and versatile shade, but only for neutral-to-warm complexions: it's a medium peachy-pink, with emphasis on the peach. I notice some reviews claim this is a "muted red" or "red for those afraid of red." Those reviewers must be VERY afraid of red. Rosewine isn't even close. It's a springtime coral, full stop. That said, it's got enough color intensity to brighten the face without other makeup on-- that's a huge selling point for me! I don't fare well with pale or muddy "nudes."

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I wish I had discovered this color sooner! I have NC 35-40 skin, olive undertones, and this is the perfect day-to-day subdued red. I saw in another review that this is the perfect red if you're afraid of reds--I couldn't have said it better myself. Perfect for a hint of rosiness without being too bright or bold. I'm a huge fan of Revlon lip products and was pleased to find that this particular shade seems to be a lot less drying than the others I've tried. This is an HG lip color for sure!

on 1/26/2014 12:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the perfect red for people who are afraid of red. I wore this color in high school (which is longer ago than I care to say -- let's just say we are talking decades) and decided to try it again in my quest for a more dramatic daytime look. This is just the loveliest subtle shade of red that I think would complement many skin tones. It isn't the longest lasting but is moisturizing which is a big plus. To heighten the red tone and make the color last longer, I apply a red lip liner and fill in my lips with the liner; apply the lipstick; blot; then reapply and very very lightly blot. I get incredible wear this way. Definitely give this a try if your New Year's resolution is to go a little bold with your lip look!

on 11/24/2013 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG lipstick. I absolutely LOVE the color. It's a perfectly subtle orange-y red, and it's not overly bright. I wear it with nude lipliner, and if it wasn't for my boyfriend, it would probably last a good four hours without needing to reapply. The texture is nice and creamy, not too drying, although I still put chapstick over it after a couple hours. I got endless compliments when I first got this lipstick, and I will absolutely purchase again. This is an amazing lipstick if the color works for you.

It is not fair to give this a bad review if it wasn't right for your skin. Just because the color did not work for your skintone does not make it a bad product. Light frosty pinks look bad on me but I wouldn't rate it badly because I know that color works with other people's complexions. Rosewine came on me just the way it is advertised. So to the reviewer below me: Lipsticks do not look the same on everyone because it depends on the skin tone.

Anyway, the color was great with my complexion. It wasn't "rusty orange." It was more of a red wine on my lips, but it depends on the lighting and color of clothes you are wearing. Sometimes this can look like a dark coral with a very deep red mixed in...I feel like this would look nice on certain blondes or redheads. The product is very creamy! It is such a fabulous lipstick. Love love love.

on 2/14/2013 2:04:00 PM

This was just very, very wrong on my NW20 skin, almost black hair, brown eyes, rosey brown lips. This went on a rusty orange color. I even triple checked the label to be sure I had grabbed the right one. I didn't even leave the parking lot before going back in to return this.

on 1/21/2013 4:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This color really depends on what you're wearing it with. When I wear black or dark colors, it's a warm, vibrant shade of red (not classic, 1950s red, much warmer and subtler than that) with pink and orange overtones, but if I wear it with lighter colors, it becomes an unpleasant and very unnatural-looking shade of coral. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to rock this shade of red in spring or summer (unless I want a REALLY dressed-up look), but it's a great pop of color for fall or winter.

On the technical side, it's a matte formula (I'm generally not a fan of glittery or overly shiny lipstuff) that glides on perfectly smoothly, stays for several hours (although it definitely doesn't last all day, especially through meals), and even leaves behind a nice rouge-y stain. I wouldn't call it especially drying (I've definitely seen way worse), but it's not especially moisturizing, either - if you tend to have dry lips, you might want to lay down a coat of lip balm first, even though it otherwise goes on fine on its own.

on 12/14/2012 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I just love this classic colour. Perfect for daily office or casual wear. My countless purchase from Revlon's lip color range. I won't stop buying them because it's really really worth every cents! Colours are pigmented, and best part, it's sold in drugstores, so convenient, don't need to head to town or big shopping malls to purchase them.