Erno Laszlo phelityl soap

4.1

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water (Aqua), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethyl Macadamiate, Sulfonated Castor Oil, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Chromium Hydroxide Green

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My skin is dry-very dry. I used the Erno Laszlo two-step cleansing process, but this soap, which is for drier skins, just made my skin more dry. The soap is packaged in a plastic container that doesn't work as a soap dish for this very large bar.

AMAZING!! My story: Six years ago I was clocked as 1 o'clock, and 2 years ago was clocked as normal. I was using sea mud soap. Just this summer, actually the past few weeks, my skin was breaking out big time, aggressively, and angrily red and irritated. I had no CLUE where to begin. Was it an allergic reaction to the soap? Was it the heat/humidity of the south? What was going on? I called EL. If you are ever unsure, call them, or email them, they have great suggestions. I purchased this soap, correctly named Active pHelityl Soap. I'm happy I did---after one wash with light controlling lotion and pHelityl cream (not the active cream) I can see a tremendous difference. The soap is so much different than the sea mud soap and now I believe that the sea mud soap was just irritating my sensitive skin. As the EL associate I spoke with said, "You must treat the skin, not just the problem". This soap seems so creamy to me, but I am used to the SMS. I look forward to washing my face and made a sad face when I let the "treatment water" out of the sink....that was good stuff that I was literally pouring down the drain. I could feel the difference. Obviously, my skin received some moisture that it wasn't receiving with the sea mud soap because 90% of my irritations are GONE---not just sorta cleared, not just a little less red, but completely GONE. If you are experiencing a breakout with the soaps, my suggestion would be to think if you are sensitive, and if so, move back an hour with the soap. It has saved my skin, my confidence. I am devoted to Erno Laszlo. I have fair, never tan, sensitive skin... I get the monthly hormonal pimple or stress pimple but "break outs" are not a problem. Give Dr. Laszlo a chance. And stick with it. Your skin will change which was his motive all along---to bring you to healthy, normal and balanced skin. I think I have finally achieved this!! I presently use Active pHelityl soap, light controlling lotion and pHelityl cream (@ night) and pHelityl lotion w/SPF (@ am). Simple, simple, simple routine. Those that do not look forward to washing their face with these products are doing something wrong. A picture if worth a thousand words, right? P.S. If you are very familiar with this line, the soap no longer comes with the soap dish. :( Huge disappointment as EL says they are being environmentally conscience and not producing anymore. If you have them, save them!! Also, you can order from gensinevi.com, in the virgin islands, and save 20%. XOXO

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was clocked as an 11:30 and bought this soap as part of my regime. Horrible reaction to it; broke out in white bumps all over my forehead. It dried my skin out, the soap left a sticky residue. $39 for crap.

I'm almost 54 years old, have adult acne and rosacea with combo skin. I also have a recurring staph infection around my nostrils, but steroid cream cleans that up. Mostly my face is dry, but my forehead and nose get somewhat oily, especially in the summertime.

I love how this soap cleans my face. I've been using it for two days and I already see a difference in my complexion. It's actually glowing and my pores have shrunk. The soap does not irritate my skin at all even though I have very sensitive skin

The only reason I gave the soap 4 lippies is that, contrary to the other reviewers, my face feels overly tight after using it. Any kind of oil (Darphin) or moisturizer (DML cream) I use is soaked up immediately.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to an Erno Laszlo moisturizer to use after washing my face?

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought laszlo's dry skin ritual on a whim because it was on sale... wow am I glad I did. I have never been a fan of soap cleansers... in fact I am usually allergic to soap and have been since I was a kid. That's why I was so surprised that my skin was the least dry I have seen it in a long time after using this cleanser, I had literally no flakes on my face after one use... amiracle for me that usually requires heavy duty exfoliation. The texture of this soap is devine, it is so creamy and although the face is left squeaky clean it is plump and hydrated below the surface. This is my holy grail, I have adult acne and dry skin which is very difficult sometimes, I skip moisturiser and just use this along with his phelityl toner unless skin is very dry. The soap also lasts a very long time so it's economical... I think the 1.4oz travel size should last a good 3 or 4 months. I would encourage anyone with inflamed dry skin to try this... I am so surprised and delighted!

A wonderful, creamy and luxurious soap that still gets skin perfectly clean. I use this with the Light Controlling Lotion afterward, as directed for the "11:30" skin regimen. Sometimes I use it with the Phelityl Oil, but usually not since I'm finding the oil to be irritating. Either way, the soap works just as well for me, and along with the toner my skin looks fantastic! Smooth, with small pores and a nice healthy glow. I also find that this soap and toner firm my skin nicely and make it look plump and fresh. Laszlo is a genius line, and while I always try other things, I can't escape the fact that Laszlo always gives the very best result. But only if you are willing to do the routine correctly--it does take dedication! And furthermore, it sometimes needs to be tweaked to suit each individual, so make sure you're working with a good knowledgeable salesperson when you indulge in this line.

Okay so I wasn't clocked or anything. I found the small 3oz version of this at Tuesday Morning on sale and I needed a bar soap to take on the plane with me to a conference. It looked high end and moisturizing, so I thought I'd try it. It was amazing! I used it alone, and on extra dry days with the hydraphel skin supplement and cetaphil lotion. My skin has never looked or felt better. I didn't think I'd find anything better for my normal-but-flaky (retinA micro) skin than DHC Mild Soap and their cleansing oil. I beg to differ. This is amazing stuff. I now have the phelityl oil which I use in the evening when I've got a lot of makeup to take off, and I'm going to buy the phelityl lotion to replace my cetaphil lotion. I still haven't been clocked but this stuff really works- I think I've kind of clocked myself anyway. Now I glow and I look forward to the morning and evening ritual! Judging by the overwhelmingly positive reviews here, I know I've made the right choice.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Update: It's been 3 months and this is it for me...My Holy Grail

Active pHelityl Soap is excellent! Not only does it lather well but it is silky soft. I've used it to take off makeup and even my eye makeup comes right off. The best thing is that my skin is soft and I don't have dry patches around my mouth. I'm really desperate to find an entire skin care line and once I try the moisturizers I'm hoping that this will be it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Used as part of the 11:30 "slightly dry" routine, with active phelityl oil. This soap is a marvel for me. The cleansing routine, with oil massaged into skin, then soap then 30 splashes really does make my complexion look amazing. Over the years I have tried Clinique, Lancome, Liz Earle, Sage and Dermalogica. The only one that came up to the Laszlo standard was Sage. My skin can be very tempramental , and is prone to breakouts and dryness, but this routine makes my skin look glowing and alive. This is an expensive bar of soap, but lasts me around 8-9 months so not too pricey overall. And worth every penny for me. I love Dr Laszlo, just wish I could but it here in Old Blighty.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It should be mentioned that the correct name for this product is Active pHelityl Soap. It is intended for slightly dry to dry skin and is part of the 11:30 and 10:30 "o'clock" Erno Laszlo rituals respectively, although it can obviously be used alone not in conjunction with other Laszlo products and still give good results. I feel this is a gently yet effective moisturizing cleansing bar that does not leave the skin feeling stripped. This golden colored soap comes in a good-sized 6 oz version which lasts a very long time, and may still come in a 3 oz "travel" size version. I believe the hard plastic soap dishes that have come with it in the past are no longer available, even for purchasing seperately, which to me is why I took off a point in the packaging quality. The current price for the 6 oz bar is $32.00. It does lather up great, and feels good on your skin while doing the infamous sink splashing ritual, and it does not have an offensive or perfume-y odor.