4.3

price range

Reviews

2.0

3 years ago

I have ingrown hairs and rough, bumpy skin on my legs. This did not help with either. It made my skin feel smooth but exfoliators that cost less can do that.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Kinky, Coarse

from

3 years ago

Holy grail status for my KP and acne-prone body, I can finally wear cute bikinis with confidence! Unlike other exfoliators/scrubs I've tried (mostly drugstore), this really does what it says, I have significantly less KP bumps on my elbows and glutes. My body is all around smoother, brighter, and less dull looking from the scrub removing the excess keratin and dead skin. The price is pretty steep but a little really does go a long way and I appreciate that it's made in the USA and cruelty-free. This has also reduced the number of breakouts I get on my acne-prone chest and back and faded my acne scars and a stubborn biopsy scar from my back that wouldn't go away! Beware if your skin/hands have a cut because it can sting or if you have EXTREMELY sensitive skin (mine is sensitive but I've had no major issues using it) Would repurchase and recommend.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0

4 years ago

It works just like any other scrub. There's nothing special about it. Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash and Lush Ocean Salt give the same results. Actually, Queen Helene Apricot Scrub does the best job and it's cheap.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

5 years ago

I've had pretty bad KP all my life on the front of my thighs as well as really dry and flaky skin on the legs in the winter time. I decided to try this to try to further smooth out my skin in addition to the Amlactin I was already using. Compared to "luxurious" salt and sugar scrubs I've used in the past, this definitely does the best job of exfoliating, smoothing out my skin and getting rid of dry flakes. I use this about twice a week. I massage this on my dry legs before I get into the shower and then rinse off during. This has a made a huge difference on my thighs; I used to be able to see my hairs on my thighs curled up and stuck in the excess keratin and after using this consistently, I can actually shave my thighs. One caveat though is that this works much better on smoothing out the skin and less well on the pigmentation, so I can still see the dark spots at each hair follicle. Thankfully I've never had really inflamed and red KP so this hasn't been a huge drawback for me.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3.0

5 years ago

This body scrub uses both physical and chemical exfoliation to smooth body skin and fight keratosis pilaris. It’s a good body scrub and has a pleasant, subtly nutty fragrance that reminds me of pecans, but I find that for the price, AmLactin Lotion is more effective at both exfoliation and fighting the KP I get on the back of my arms. Plus, I don’t like adding products to my shower routine, as I have a tendency to run out of hot water. <BR><BR> Ingredients: Water, Polyethylene, Glycolic Acid, Hexyl Laurate, Sorbitol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Lactic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Willow Bark Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, Azelaic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol.

About reviewer (737 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I use this on my legs or else I get bumps from shaving. That being said, I don't shave anymore, but I use an epilator. This gives me less bumps but I still get them. The only method of hair removal that gets rid of my bumps completely and my legs are super smooth is nair but I go through it too quickly and it gets too expensive. This scrub works really well and makes my legs nice and smooth when I use it before a shower. Sadly, I only bought this out of desperation. It is too expensive for me to continually buy :( If anyone has a good alternative please let me know :) exfoliating puffs and rags don't seem to smooth out my bumpy skin :/ at least the ones I've tried

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

If you're looking for a luxurious, scented scrub, this isn't the right one for you. I personally get KP on my arms and upper legs and this, used dry, definitely helps. I use either LacHydrin or Amlactin lotion afterwards. I find the Dermadoctor cream to be a little too heavy and sticky.

About reviewer (975 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

Best scrub I've ever used! It not only makes my "chicken skin" smooth but it also takes a lot of redness away. After the first use you notice a difference! Here's a trick: use it on your legs (even without kp skin) before you shave! Smoothest shave ever!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

6 years ago

Do not scrub this hard on your skin or else your KP will get worse! Learned my lesson the hard way. But anyway, 4 weeks after using this the right way which is massaging it gently (i just use my bare fingers) and my skin feels silky smooth! It helped clear out the KP on my thighs and keeps the bumps on my arms tame. Although i still have KP on my arms, it's not as bad as it used to be and less visible and less itchy. Definitely worth the steep price and the jar is big enough to last you for a long time!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

7 years ago

I've purchased this three times, and will continue to do so even though my KP is not as bad anymore. For an exfoliator, it is rather pricy ($50 for a tub, but it lasts for like half a year). However, I think that you really get what you pay for. Especially for those who have sensitive skin, why would you risk an allergic reaction just to save a bit of money? It has no smell, and it does an amazing job and exfoliating. I originally had really bumpy chicken skin on my armpits from years of plucking and shaving, but after using it consistently for 2-3 times a week, my skin was evidently smoother and I don't grow ingrown hairs as often anymore. Our skin is sticking with us forever, so might as well treat it a little better :)

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair